No announcement yet.

NEW - Finless 1.8 for EM8 Square Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi can anyone provide some hints of speeding up the exiting from xbmc, I got bugga all installed, just the hub? Xbmc version is Oman with the 1008 CPU fix

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jopereira View Post
      "It looks ok" means I should have no problem installing Finless 1.8?

My home cinema setup: yes, is a projector pared with a 120" floating screen (MDF painted with Black Widow Ultra) and led strip backlight all around the edges, which gives it a nice 3D perception, increases black level perception and looks cool!
      Acemax confirmed its a clone PCB thats why Try the FW at your own risk !

Comment

Anybody having issues with oman xbmc..on 1080p videos ..movies..on finless 1.8..just noticed a bit of a not a stutter ..i cant describe it its like blurry images for a while then comes back again....does it have something to do with HW settings??thanks..i just flash last night and tried playing with it..will do more test tonight when i get back home.

Comment

* Just tested various xbmc apps with this 1.8

* M8 has some problem with amcodec in hardware accelerator in some xbmc versions but not all, imo if problems: disable amcodec. AmLogic didn't support amcodec until recently.

* Issues vary from xbmc to xbmc: mostly nothing to do with 1.8 ROM

* This ROM is superb. I think 1.8b was great too with great potential for future if combined with this. However as there are no reproducible problems I have to say 1.7 then 1.8b & now this 1.8 basically saved this M8 hardware lemon.

* Also xbmc add-ons and streaming sources never work perfectly %100 as testing the same circumstances on different times proves this regularly.

* Most if not all problems are not related to the 1.8 ROM but clones or network connection or router settings or xbmc setup & settings or add-on or video source. Because things behave differently in xbmc versions & settings etc. etc.

* Just make sure you don't buy a square M8 clone, see other threads for circuit board photos.

* I think ROM-wise this 1.8 is superb, unless future ROMs fix more bugs and Bob incorporates them into his many modules/mods used in 1.8. Thanks mainly to Bob's 2 days hard work on 1.8 based on his numerous other days work before on M8. Also thanks to geekbuying, Acemax & anyone else responsible too.

Final problem of not having nandroid backup: Abdul is modding his recent AmLogic TWRP, better than CWM imo, for M8, ready any day now. His current AmLogic TWRP just released should work too:

Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2014, 07:00.

Comment

Totally agree.

Bob's hard work is brilliant, it is just limitations in XBMC and Hardware itself that cause most issues.
            Given the above post, which XBMC would you say works best with 1.8?
            Omans?

Comment

Oman is still good, keep it

Last night i was recommended this SPMC linked at bottom

It is by Koying, probably best xbmc developer for RK/AML boxes anywhere

Just disable amcodec in hardware acceleration to avoid no picture & only sound

You can keep Oman or official Gotham and install Koying's as it uses a different add-on folder & path, name etc.

So you have two good xbmc apps installed at the same time to compare

Install new version 13.3.0 in post #9

Or download the APK direct from Koying site:

Semper Media Center (SPMC in short) is a android-minded fork of Kodi, by the former Kodi android maintainer, Koying

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                Acemax confirmed its a clone PCB thats why Try the FW at your own risk !
                I don't believe in clones...
                Almost every implementation is a clone of AML (chipset manufacture) main design. My board is just not an ACEMAX one.

As far as I know, ACEMAX uses K200 firmware, the same mine came with.
                I jumped and everything is OK with Finless 1.8 except XBMC... (i used Washere instructions).

I came from a Raspeberry Pi and things just work.
                Not sure why its so hard to play videos in XBMC on android. MX player and others work just fine and they also have to work in a multitude of hardware chipsets, variations, etc.
                120" screen, EPSON 6100W, YAMAHA RX-V775, B&W 603 (front), B&W CC3 (center), B&W DS3 (surround), Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS (front heights), SVS SB-2000 (subwoofer)

M8 TV Box Codesnake's OpenElec 6.0.3
                Tronsmart MXIII+ (v108L1) + KODI 16.1 (Jarvis)

Comment

Re: NEW - Finless 1.8 for EM8 Square Box

Almost every implementation is a clone of AML (chipset manufacture) main design. My board is just not an ACEMAX one.

I jumped and everything is OK with Finless 1.8 except XBMC... (i used Washere instructions).

Not sure why its so hard to play videos in XBMC on android. MX player and others work just fine and they also have to work in a multitude of hardware chipsets, variations, etc.
                  I agree too many issues on xbmc android..boxes...rpi slow in loading but can play anything...1080p without a problem..without adjusting anything to the settings...im running my M8 together with my rpi...alongside to test....and can obviuosly prove that the oi works very with palyback of any 1080p videos...which android boxes cant without doing any modifications...just my opinion...i have spent a day now looking to solve issues on my M8..,

Comment

v0.92 PCB is not Belongs to Acemax...
                    Although Both PCB seems very similar The box you got is $6-7 cheaper on bulk order ...
                    I've told you FW should work ! Glad its working ok for you
                    Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
                      I agree too many issues on xbmc android..boxes...rpi slow in loading but can play anything...1080p without a problem..without adjusting anything to the settings...im running my M8 together with my rpi...alongside to test....and can obviuosly prove that the oi works very with palyback of any 1080p videos...which android boxes cant without doing any modifications...just my opinion...i have spent a day now looking to solve issues on my M8..,
                      Do u test wifi ??or try just lan maybe is that your prob

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
                        Have you solve the issues?
                        I'm now testing last Acemax firmware as I don't like finless 1.8 theme (sorry Bob, I just prefer the original look over a custom one)

These problems are not hardware related - I can get stable 6MB/s in XBMC file manager copy (that's, give or take, at least 50Mb/s), but can't get that same movie to play correctly (an 12Gb 2h movie, which should be around 15Mb/s).
                        I use wired ethernet cable.
                        This are (big) decoding problems.

The box is as fast as anyone can demand for such a cheap hardware and is more than enough for a VERY high end Media Center.
                        Running this fast in such a low power demand is something we could only dream a few years ago.

Back to Finless 1.8 to test a little more...
                        120" screen, EPSON 6100W, YAMAHA RX-V775, B&W 603 (front), B&W CC3 (center), B&W DS3 (surround), Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS (front heights), SVS SB-2000 (subwoofer)

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                          v0.92 PCB is not Belongs to Acemax...
                          Although Both PCB seems very similar The box you got is $6-7 cheaper on bulk order ...
                          I've told you FW should work ! Glad its working ok for you
                          Enjoy
                          Yes, that's why the word "clone" should be avoied - let's says, it's another box based one same hardware configuration.

Comment

dead link

Originally posted by ipodtouchdude View Post
                            The download link isn't working.
                            hello there, does anyone have this on dropbox or can you refresh the link as its dead...

cheers....

Comment

download link dead

The link is down can it be reuploaded pls

Comment

Just curious,

My m8 came with 1.7 pre installed and I wouldn't have even of known except for boot screen but curious to know is it worth updating to 1.8?

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                                X