NEW - Finless 1.8 for EM8 Square Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Freakers,

Exactly followed the steps from the attached installation manual inside the em8_finless_rom18.zip file.
    During installation i received the following error messages:

E: footer is wrong
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dataking View Post
      Hi Freakers,

Exactly followed the steps from the attached installation manual inside the em8_finless_rom18.zip file.
      During installation i received the following error messages:

E: footer is wrong
      E: signature verification failed
      Installation aborted

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
      Unzip the Rom zip from inside the big zip file which is not for flashing itself.

Comment

Hi guys
        Could you please try this video from;

Go to IceFilms Addon
        Select OTHER from the list
        Select POPULAR
        Select the video called;
        The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 HD
        Source 4[MR]HD Full

and let me know if the playback is normal or interlaced like this

Comment

M8 running like a dream

Firstly,thanks again Bob,this 1.8 Finless is just awesom
          Secondly Washere,thanks again for all your advise and instructions

Lastly,thanks Snelsy for your upload of this wonderful rom,saved me

I flashed my M8 as per instructions, but left out certain steps to check for anomalies as I got this box as present from my supplier to test as I see fit.
          I flashed the native 1080P rom via toothpick and script on my Hisense 720P Tv( I left the 720p patch and cpu out,will test later). Everything went swell, did initial setup and saw screen flicker with auto detection, enabled Spdif passthrough for amp.
          Checked and saw that on reboot, 720P logo appeared(very cool mind you) and left the native Xbmc as is and quickly imported library.
          I experienced a very smooth playback experience on the native installed Xbmc and did some initial audio tweaking for 5.1 speakers( saw that in expert mode all 3 hardware acceleration was on,left as is)

So I played 720P,1080P,sd ,different codecs..all worked,sound and video ok. the only thing I noticed was when skipping a movie fast with mouse was the interlace problem. It more or less fixed itself after few seconds or if I jump few seconds forward or back it was ok again It's probably acceleration(never trust a noob like me,will test with settings and other xbmc(spmc or Oman) later on.
          My initial problem with the Netflix app(3.7.0) is fixed as well- video freezes intermittently- think that was due to bad flash on Acemax 1.8 and not rom fault.

So in end I was glad to find out(on my 720p tv) that this rom is very stable,fast,cool bootup logo. Except the minor interlace(which doesn't bother me the slightest) , I'm gonna recommend this rom for the other M8's he's selling. I may be fortunate not experience the cropping zoom bug on my 720P or no audio/video bugs, but I have to give my 2c again-I just follow the install guides of Bob and washere and no problems.
          Suggestion: Bob, could you add maybe a md5 checksum for rom and future releases to eliminate a bad download,would appreciate

P.S.(sorry for long post,just to happy for words.Will add if I run into problems if I do cpu,720p patch and other xbmc etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by washere View Post
            Unzip the Rom zip from inside the big zip file which is not for flashing itself.
            Great, thanks working now!

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
              Hi guys
              Could you please try this video from;

Go to IceFilms Addon
              Select OTHER from the list
              Select POPULAR
              Select the video called;
              The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 HD
              Source 4[MR]HD Full

and let me know if the playback is normal or interlaced like this

No interlacing for me on my M8 box i'm using Bob's 1.8 rom with oman xbmc http://prntscr.com/49haw9

Comment

Originally posted by Phrozin View Post
                the only thing I noticed was when skipping a movie fast with mouse was the interlace problem. It more or less fixed itself after few seconds or if I jump few seconds forward or back it was ok again
                I've just tried a movie from Nas Drive Push it forward like 10minutes and Interlacing stuff started Its somehow related to Buffering ...

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
                  No interlacing for me on my M8 box i'm using Bob's 1.8 rom with oman xbmc http://prntscr.com/49haw9
                  Thanks for the feedback which Version of Oman's is it 14 Alpha build? can I ask the Download Link Please

P.s with the XBMC 13.1 20140607 You can see the Lines around moving objects...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback which Version of Oman's is it 14 Alpha build? can I ask the Download Link Please

P.s with the XBMC 13.1 20140607 You can see the Lines around moving objects...
                    i've just double checked it is XBMC13.1 Git:20140604-84725b0(Compiled: Jun 4 2014) i'm not sure now if this is Oman's but that is taken direct from system info.

Comment

i've just double checked it is XBMC13.1 Git:20140604-84725b0(Compiled: Jun 4 2014) i'm not sure now if this is Oman's but that is taken direct from system info.

I've tried this One From Oman Sadly its Same, Problem is there ;

Build info is same as your one apart from compile date; Jul 8 2014

Comment

I've tried this One From Oman Sadly its Same, Problem is there ;

Build info is same as your one apart from compile date; Jul 8 2014
                        It appears a lot of people are having problems with this box i'm just going to install stane's latest linux build when he releases it.I have a matricom mx2 box that i have just put openelec on and it has given it a new lease of life i'm hoping stane's linux xbmc will do similar for this m8 box.

Comment

It appears a lot of people are having problems with this box i'm just going to install stane's latest linux build when he releases it.I have a matricom mx2 box that i have just put openelec on and it has given it a new lease of life i'm hoping stane's linux xbmc will do similar for this m8 box.
                          Actually there is a problem with the latest Acemax 22-07 fw only... Finless 1.8 also based on that fw hence 1.8 users also suffers from that .

Acemax was asking about the video sample, I've sent that video link to the Them they'll hopefully sort it out by the next FW release.

Comment

Ok, I can report now that I used included XBMC 13.1 from finless, and did the Oman xbmc with Washere's advanced xml file with great success. All did play fine on my 720p tv, the only glitch is the slight interlace when I ffw or rew a video file. That is a known bug so far, but as I said it's a slight annoyance and I'm very happy to stay on finless 1.8 until a Acemax release an updated rom again.

Well done to all who contributed, I appreciate immensely.

Comment

Big Thanks Bob!

Just like to say a Big Thanks to Bob, Finless 1.8 with 720p patch working great so far (No crashes as yet). Was about to bin box but this update has actually made it usable. Have not tried xbmc yet but movies are steaming via other aps OK.
                              The launcher is loads better than stock one. Will report back once I've had chance to use it properly

Comment

I second that motion - Thanks again Bob aka Finless for a great release.
                                Just a quick question for those of you on this thread - has anyone gotten the airplay to work properly using the MediaCenter app?
                                I've got audio, but no video. Youtube won't even send to screen properly. Also tried DLNA using a Samsung GS4 - fail. Also tried Miracast (Screen mirroring) with a SGS4 (well known incompatability for Samsung devices).. I believe AirPin Pro also didn't work properly.

Anyone having success using apple devices using airplay?

Comment

Working...
                                X