Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless 1.8 for EM8 Square Box still xbmc freeze or crash

hi

i triwd the new finless 1.8 with my M8 Amlogic S802 its fine but problem with xbmc freeze or crash its the same with all firmware i tried.
    please help.

thanks bob
    wahran

Comment

Originally posted by wahran View Post
      hi

i triwd the new finless 1.8 with my M8 Amlogic S802 its fine but problem with xbmc freeze or crash its the same with all firmware i tried.
      please help.

thanks bob
      wahran
      Hi Wahran
      That is not possible you either got a faulty box or a Clone cos There is a rumour about Clone M8 boxes...
      Could you please open the case carefully and share the picture of your M8 PCB (motherboard) ?

Comment

Big thank you to Bob

Got it downloaded. Your instructions in ReadMe are a lot easier than the Guide to Flashing ROMs that is on here.
        The boot time took forever compared to my last ROM that came with the unit.
        Welcome screen is very nice.

Having issues with tronsmart remote and standard remote.
        Tronsmart with adding the "."
        Generally the UI is slower than the one that came with my box.

Maybe it will improve with time?
        Last edited by marty17; 07-30-2014, 03:13.

Comment

Great rom

Thanks a bunch Bob. So far no problems whatsoever. This is a masterpiece. Donation on its way.

Will post some test results later

Comment

The only minor problem i had was google play store kept loading ,i cleared it's cache and disabled then enabled the app and now it loads almost instantaneuosly.
            Last edited by snelsy; 07-29-2014, 18:29.

Comment

5 to 10 minutes after booting, the Play Store white-screen of load-loop usually doesn't happen.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I have a question. If I use this ROM with xbmc Oman have I no longer suffer from frame skips / drops. Maybe you have more tips for a solution on frame skip / drops. I also have the M8 android TV box. Thanks for your help.

Greeting Comity.

Comment

M8 PCB of M8 Amlogic S802

hi

how to open thr case of M8 PCB (motherboard) i have take off the four screw of the case but i cant open it

thanks
                  wahran

Comment

Originally posted by wahran View Post
                    hi

how to open thr case of M8 PCB (motherboard) i have take off the four screw of the case but i cant open it

thanks
                    wahran
                    there are few plastic clips, use your nails gently around front LED area to take it a part

Comment

Originally posted by iTzSnicholls View Post
                      also any chance on CWM or TWRP being compiled for the M8 Boxes?
                      Hey, I'm dying for a CWM or TWRP backup solution as well. These boxes are taking me forever to customize! Anyone have any clue as to any developments on this?
                      I was checking on androidgadget, androidpc.es, and freaktab of course....no luck yet.
                      For us resellers, this comes in REALLY handy!
                      Oh! And great work Bob (Finless) - your work is truly amazing - thank you so much for your time and efforts!

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                        Thanks for the info Bob...
                        Guys could you please Check if you are gonna have interlaced picture in XBMC time to time cos I do have few times barely visible interlaced Picture like this one but not this bad (found this from net) restarting video or fwd/rewind solves the problem ;

i too started noticing this on the stock 07-22-2014 rom myself

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyx View Post
                          I've reported this to Acemax and they've confirmed they are gonna check whats wrong ...Hopefully they'll fix it by the next fw release.

Comment

Occasional clicks and pops in audio when 5.1 or above

But, video play back vastly improved, nice clean ROM, plenty of options.
                            Last edited by marty17; 07-30-2014, 05:25.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyx View Post
                              Mine just started doing this

Comment

remote.conf

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                I did not test the remote and kept the remote.conf that came with it. So if it is messed up it should be on the stock ROM too. All you should need is the remote.conf from 1.7 ROM.

As for your own XBMC. XBMC gets pre-installed on first boot. just remove the XBMC in /system/preinstall and copy in your own. Then do a factory reset and next boot your XBMC will be installed.

Bob

When trying to edit or replace remite. Conf it won't allow it. Would I have to edit Rom with android kitchen? Do it that way?

Comment

Working...
                                X