This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
    Sure. I would really like to understand what's happening to try to solve it.

Stock recovery M8
    G'day
    Thanks for your efforts

Suggest maybe a few logs be sent in from M8 users, if you have time to look at them.
    If so where to post, here or someplace else.
    In zip or text form.
    May find things that you understand and we dont

Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Updated S82 and M8 images.

- Matched SElinux permissions. Was using Google generic, maybe it will solve the backup issues some have reported.
      - Back button in mouse.
      - Changed model ID to k200. Factory zip's will not break on assert check.
      - Upstream updates.

The X8-H is untouched, no one have reported back
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Hi Abdul
        Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate. I will test on my M8.If I run into problem again of XBMC not working, could you just advise as to how to generate a log and where

Comment

Does the M8 have ADB ?

Edit:

If it has ADB connection, after a restore do :
          - adb shell
          - adb dmesg > tmp/dmesg.txt
          - exit
          - adb pull tmp/dmesg.txt && adb pull tmp/recovery.log

If it hasn't, after a restore :
          - Go to advance tab, terminal
          - adb dmesg > sdcard/dmesg.txt
          - choose copy log to SD also.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Thanx, will do as you instructed,will test tonight and give feedback

Comment

If the M8 means the square one, it has NO OTG (there exist a way, but you have to "mod" the device with a jumper at the PCB to use one USB as OTG) ...

X8
              I don't try it, because you wrote, that you are not able to catch some partitions (and don't ask for more informations)...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Re: NEW - TWRP for Beelink S82b / Tronsmart S89

That's what i thought about the m8.

On the X8 system,data and cache were detect and all options were functioning.
                Backup of boot,recovery, bootloader weren't. But could be flashed from TWRP using a update.zip.
                On the last try I made the only drawback was I couldn't reboot to back system, had to unplug it. I think it's fixed now. Need confirmation, because like I said a passed the X8 to my parents. They deserved it.

Tapatalked

Comment

Ok, I've tested the updated twrp on my M8 square Tomato and found that xbmc data folder didn't restore,all settings gone as in previous version. I had Asphalt8-Airborne installed as well and the 1.3gb OBB data is missing as well in data. I attached the recovery log.
                  All other apps and settings is working very good. In data folder even Vevo app,Some google stuff was restored, but not Xbmc library and settings.

Thanks again for your efforts
                  Attached Files

Comment

Testing TWRP on MINIX X8-h

I have X8-h and will test recovery, which TWRP recovery (current in first post?) and is update.zip available with boot,recovery and bootloader?

Comment

Re: NEW - TWRP for Beelink S82b / Tronsmart S89

Thanks. I think I know what's wrong.

Will update shortly.

Tapatalked

Comment

There's no need to flash a update.zip. I can provide the stock recovery in a zip or image file to revert.

Tapatalked

Comment

When you update and provide stock recovery (.zip preferrable) I will test and report back.

Currently I am running minix beta8 ROM wtih the included minix xbmc and it is working quite well.

Comment

Posted Stock recovery's in the OP.

Made a change in the images, i don't know if it will work. If this still doesn't work, i will have to make some modifications on my device tree.
                            Waiting for your feedback

Comment

Installed latest TWRP wiped cache and rebooted to desktop OK.
                              Rebooted to recovery (reboot.apk , did not have root permission) used Updater app.
                              Made backup -choices cache, system,and data- of system and data.

Rebooted to desktop then used reboot.apk to reboot to recovery (success this time).
                              Restored backup, saved log to SD, cleared cache and rebooted to desktop successfully.

Tried out Netflix, and XBMC minix 13.3.0, NAS access, and browser, all the settings I use were intact.

I assume other partitions are unavailable for backup, boot etc.

Progress seems good!!

I will pm the recovery log.

Comment

recovery.log attached
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X