Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My battery charge times for nxt785qc8g:
    At 3% to 62% takes 6 to 7 minutes per 1% charge
    At 62% to 66% takes 1 to 3 minutes per 1% charge
    At 66% to 72% takes 6 to 8 minutes per 1% charge
    At 72% to 73% takes 12 minutes to charge the 1%
    At 73% to 74% takes 17 minutes to charge the 1 %
    At 74% to 75% takes 30 minutes to charge the 1%
    Once at 75% charged takes 11 minutes to charge to 100%
    It goes directly from 75% to 100%
    8 hours 34 minutes to charge from 3% to 100% with no use
    These percentages and times are according to android tuner.
    Maybe this will help with battery issue.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      I'm not aware of a way to change the settings in KK. If someone finds out, let me know.

I doubt it would matter anyway considering that Android doesn't properly read and report the battery level.

The low battery warning is supposed to appear when the battery reaches 10 or 15%. On my tablet, when fully charged and unplugged... the battery remains at 100% for quite awhile (longer than it should), before starting to decline at a relatively normal rate of battery consumption, until the battery reaches zero and the tablet dies. The battery warning never appears, because when the battery reaches zero, Android is still incorrectly reporting a 30% or greater battery charge remaining.

ShaunMT
      Something I have noticed though is that if you let the tablet charge a little say 5% or 10% and unplug it operates fine till it gets to 0%. Don't recall at the moment if it gives the low battery warning though. Maybe will try to see if it give the low battery warning on partial charge today. Thanks by the way for all the time you put in on this tablet. Have a great vacation!

Comment

I'll help with that. It does say battery at so and so please charge it. So yeah it does that. But as far as 30% it will shut off due to an error within the battery

Comment

How are things going with TWRP?

Comment

How are things with twrp and ROM management?

Comment

soft bricked nx785qcg

. Here's my problem I gave my lil sis my old next book for her birthday it had you kitkat ROM on it she tried to flash omas cwm recovery with rashr flash tool and bricked it lbacklight comes on myCPU still has rockusb driver and recognizes it but it won't populate volumes or let me access it in device manager if I disable the rockusb hardware profile its recognized as mtp I'm sure I could work with that but I thought I'd ask the next book master first also I have a nook so I'm very familiar with external boot and win image my main questions are 1.) Could you instruct me on compiling a rescue SD ???
              2.) If not any suggestions for unbricking ? Any help would be much appreciated

Btw rktool v1.37 doesn't find it even when CPU shows rockusb hardware connected

Comment

It can be recovered but you should use rktool. Just download OMA package and it has all of that in it. Plus you have to have it in boot loader mode for it ton recognize rktool

Comment

[QUOTEI shoulmel4787;231909]It can be recovered but you should use rktool. Just download OMA package and it has all of that in it. Plus you have to have it in boot loader mode for it ton recognize rktool[/QUOTE]

Sorry i should of explained better it won't boot at all hence me posting on here if i could just get it to boot into recovery I could easily handle the rest from there which is why I asked about rescue SD

Comment

Hmm does it charge? If so try again to boot it but hold power and down ok?

Comment

QUOTE=mel4787;231990]Hmm does it charge? If so try again to boot it but hold power and down ok?[/QUOTE]

Ya I've tried that doesn't boot but I know its not hard bricked cause when I try to boot holding the power and volume - my CPU recognizes it & it charges but never finishes gut its not the battery I tested its output and its suffice I'm guessing the battery stats got wiped

Comment

Do you have rktools Downloaded? If so good. Plus youneed the drivers for the tablet installed onto your PC. Then try to hold vo!ume down and power to boot into boot loader. The tools should then recognize the tablet

Comment

For me I had to hold down the power and volume up and down button while it was plugged in to enter the boot mode.

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
                            Do you have rktools Downl. In ded? If so good. Plus youneed the drivers for the tablet installed onto your PC. Then try to hold vo!ume down and power to boot into boot loader. The tools should then recognize the tablet

Do you have the nx785qcg drivers cause the tabs mtp mode which is a lucky break cause you need to be to flash omas ROM cpu recognizes rockusb I think if I had the stock USB drivers I'd be good to go still getting no found rockusb message with rktools

Comment

Download cydia impactor. That's the only way to create the driver for it

Comment

Originally posted by Perfectpitch View Post
                                For me I had to hold down the power and volume up and down button while it was plugged in to enter the boot mode.
                                Yes, i believe you must hold down both volume up and volume down buttons as well as the power button for the flash tool to recognize the tablet after having installed the rockchip drivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X