Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin works just fine for posting pictures

Comment

I got it to flash using AndroidTool_Release_v2.1

It worked without error and ur rom is awesome. Thx for all the help... Had to do some searching for that program.....

So anyone already flahsed with cwm recovery can utilize that program...

Comment

a fix to the launcher issue

Inferno told me about Nova launcher. It works so much better than laucher3. I set it as default and disabled laucher3.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
          Glad the install went well!

I'm hoping to have ROMs with different size /data and /sdcard partitions ready soon, but I won't release them until they are as easy to install as the current one. Right now, they require a triple reboot to reformat the /data, /cache and /sdcard partitions because the stock recovery doesn't seem to work correctly, and I don't want to deal with support questions that would lead to.

I guess the good news right now, is that you guys will probably get TWRP recovery and new ROMs with different options for data /sdcard sizes at the same time.

ShaunMT
          I'll test anything you put out. Don't worry I have a custom recovery set on here. Make a flashable zip so we can test that. I'll update you on those personally. Besides we need access to the name storage that's unnaccessable to us. If it can be mertged with the internal storage that will bre great. I'll beta test everything so that things go smooth

Comment

Re: ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Omas file include stock recovery just reflash the file from omas zip package. Its there with the tool and directions on how to do it

Comment

ShaunMT, looks like oma has something new. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55321603

[Root] Nextbook 8 Quad Core NX785QC8G

Gents,<br />
              <br />
              Found some time to do a quick update to bypass the 8 GB NAND bottleneck <br />
              <br />
              Mount points are changed which will make up to 32 GB space available for apps and app data. ......

Comment

Originally posted by infirno77 View Post
                ShaunMT, looks like oma has something new. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55321603

[Root] Nextbook 8 Quad Core NX785QC8G

Gents,<br />
                <br />
                Found some time to do a quick update to bypass the 8 GB NAND bottleneck <br />
                <br />
                Mount points are changed which will make up to 32 GB space available for apps and app data. ......
                He's mounting the external SD card as NAND memory... I haven't downloaded it for closer inspection, but I suspect he is mounting the external SD card as /data.

It's an interesting idea, and something I knew was possible (you can actually run Android from external SD with the right mods), but I don't know if I'll go this route or not... it definitely won't work for me personally, as I use the external SD card for development and testing. I'd prefer a large internal NAND /data partition and either mounting the external as internal sdcard or swapping the external and internal mount points whenever desired.

It also looks like he's implemented a dual recovery boot with both CWM and stock recoveries... That's a nice trick, but if I achieve my current goals with TWRP, we won't stock recovery anymore.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Awesome. Used to do the sdcard /data trick with my old prevail. Just popping it up so you can see. I prefer to use my sdcard for extra stuff like media, so I won't be using this one. I'm on his previous version waiting on your update. I have high hopes!

Comment

Originally posted by infirno77 View Post
                    Awesome. Used to do the sdcard /data trick with my old prevail. Just popping it up so you can see. I prefer to use my sdcard for extra stuff like media, so I won't be using this one. I'm on his previous version waiting on your update. I have high hopes!
                    Well, I think Abdul and I just figured out why my TWRP wouldn't load our nand module... compiling currently... Once I get past this issue, I can start adding the Rockchip update support to it, which will make future flashing of rockchip devices incredibly easy!

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

AWESOME!

Comment

Well, I think Abdul and I just figured out why my TWRP wouldn't load our nand module... compiling currently... Once I get past this issue, I can start adding the Rockchip update support to it, which will make future flashing of rockchip devices incredibly easy!

ShaunMT
                        So I take that twrp is almost ready?

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
                          So I take that twrp is almost ready?

Sort of... Haven't tested the latest build yet... if it works, it won't be good for much more than wiping, backing up and restoring the usual partitions...

It can't flash install a full rockchip ROM because it doesn't support the parameter or loader files (yet)... I don't know how long fixing and porting those features from the stock recovery might take...

In the meantime, I might release a preview version, but if I do, it will probably be limited to people who know how to flash just the recovery partition via PC.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Sort of... Haven't tested the latest build yet... if it works, it won't be good for much more than wiping, backing up and restoring the usual partitions...

It can't flash install a full rockchip ROM because it doesn't support the parameter or loader files (yet)... I don't know how long fixing and porting those features from the stock recovery might take...

In the meantime, I might release a preview version, but if I do, it will probably be limited to people who know how to flash just the recovery partition via PC.

ShaunMT
                            is there a way to repartition the partition layout like the nexus or other android devices?

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
                              is there a way to repartition the partition layout like the nexus or other android devices?
                              I'm not familiar with the nexus devices and I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I believe you can specify anything in the parameter file as long as you do it correctly and update the bootloader command line to match where necessary...

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I'm not familiar with the nexus devices and I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I believe you can specify anything in the parameter file as long as you do it correctly and update the bootloader command line to match where necessary...

ShaunMT
                                hmm do you have a knowhow on bootloaders and partitions or android

Comment

Working...
                                X