R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
    What do you folks use to test your internet/wifi speed? I normally use ookla's Speedtest but PlayStore tells me it is not compatible with this device.

Paired the device with a bluetooth RocketFish mouse and I am using it - no problems to report
    Also paired it with a Nexus 7 (2012 - KitKat) but I have not really tested the interface
    ookla... Download it from aptoide

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
      ookla... Download it from aptoide
      Running a wired Ethernet setup - Ookla reports 9.5 down which is less than half my normal download speed. Up is 2 which is my cap.

Edit: Quickly replaced the Beelink with the Tronsmart Vega and download speed is back to my download cap of 25
      Last edited by 4WheelSpyder; 08-27-2014, 12:05.

Comment

Ok guys, seems i have a problem. I change my router, and ethernet does not work. On the other devices(tronsmart vega, minix x7, laptop, desktop) works.
        I've disabled wifi, but nothing. I've even change 3 cables(cat5,cat6).

It may be my internet provider that blocks something. I will try tonight to reset my router.

Any ideas

Comment

AW: R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
          What do you folks use to test your internet/wifi speed? I normally use ookla's Speedtest but PlayStore tells me it is not compatible with this device.

Paired the device with a bluetooth RocketFish mouse and I am using it - no problems to report
          Also paired it with a Nexus 7 (2012 - KitKat) but I have not really tested the interface
          There are build.prop tweaks necessary to enable all apps in playstore, i suggest to use galaxy s2/3 identity to make it work as intended as these devices have similar gpu and most apps are listed compatible with them.

Edit: Check the attached files from here to know what to change, but better not use the files directly:
          *Updated to Sensation fingerprint* Can't download or even play certain apps or games such as Gameloft's N.O.V.A.3? Follow the below steps to make your HTC ETO 4G LTE disguise itself as a HTC Sensation to get the best of the Google Play Store...

Comment

Did a wifi test.
            I have a 100/10 ISP / Asus RT-N66U (with cable I use to get around 85mb on my computer)

Using Speed Checker (5 rounds) - result:
            21/7.7
            27/7
            27.4/7
            31/4.15
            33.22/4.57
            Ping 31ms
            Beelink R89
            Pioneer SC-2022
            Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
            Minix X8-H
            Minix X5
            Logitech Revue

Comment

Tested streaming music with Google Music on bluetooth.
              Xqisit LZ380 Bluetooth 2.1

+ Pairing went well, good quality with sound
              - stuttering when doing "stuff" like browsing Google Chrome, closing tabs, scrolling etc
              Beelink R89
              Pioneer SC-2022
              Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
              Minix X8-H
              Minix X5
              Logitech Revue

Comment

My wired connection speed test result is about 10mbps slower than 5ghz wifi ... interesting...

Comment

Miracast - Wifi-Direct Working Quite Decent with my LG G2 Mobile Phone...

pixelated image time to time so there might be a room for improving.

Compare to the Other Boxes Its Great

Comment

Ethernet not working

After a factory restore Ethernet will not connect again. When it works, it is fast.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Ethernet not working

After a factory restore Ethernet will not connect again. When it works, it is fast. Also, there has always been a lag, ex. When I open XBMC and access my files from my synology NAS, it takes a minute or so to connect. But when it does connect, it transfers the files 3 times faster than base 100.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                        Miracast - Wifi-Direct Working Quite Decent with my LG G2 Mobile Phone...

pixelated image time to time so there might be a room for improving.

Compare to the Other Boxes Its Great
                        If it could communicate between your phone and R89 via 5G channel...I think it'll be more decent

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                        After a factory restore Ethernet will not connect again. When it works, it is fast. Also, there has always been a lag, ex. When I open XBMC and access my files from my synology NAS, it takes a minute or so to connect. But when it does connect, it transfers the files 3 times faster than base 100.
                        If there are many files in your NAS...XBMC will take some time to load it..

Anyone else can confirm this?
                        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                          If it could communicate between your phone and R89 via 5G channel...I think it'll be more decent

If there are many files in your NAS...XBMC will take some time to load it..

Anyone else can confirm this?
                          That is not the reason. It takes more than a minute before it decides what to do. I think it needs to be optimized. None of my other boxes have this behavior. But, that gigabit speed is FAST. I love it.

Comment

I am using this R89 box as a PVR (DVR) with the back end running on my Synology NAS connected via Ethernet. With this box's gigabit speed, my full 12 days of guide data loads in 4 seconds. That is fast.

Comment

Ethernet not working after Static IP setting attempt

My Ethernet connection was working flawlessly, although at a choked speed. In order to change the dns settings I changed the setting to Static IP and copied everything over IP, Netmask and Gateway, set dns1 and dns2 to the new settings, saved the settings and although the settings are displayed correctly, there is no Ethernet connection. Cancelling the Static IP setting did not bring the connection back. (all settings are displayed as zeroes) Cancelling Ethernet and switching over to wifi, which was still working, and back to Ethernet did not restore it either. Also tried rebooting a few times. No luck!

Comment

Tool to test Intranet speeds?

Any Android tool that you folks could recommend to test internal network speeds (Note NOT internet speed) Want to check what the maximum throughput when using my PC as a server.

Comment

Working...
                                X