R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    ... With the box connected to the TV, I can't understand why I can't access the stock recovery screen. When I had my problem a month ago, I was able to access the recovery screen with the tooth pick. Now that does not work.
    I think your try to flash had destroyed the recovery partition...

Went to your dump link, but it was some sort of downloader app, and wanted to install a bunch of stuff on my computer.
    But only because every one of you click at the biggest download-symbol you can see...
    The small [Download] at the right side of the screen is the right one...

I tried to create a bootable SD card using this method, http://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/SD_booting, but that still did not work.
    Yes, that's what I mean... have you tried to rename the recovery.img to boot.img?
    (BTW: you can't use the rk3188 radax image...)
    EDIT: this is the hole thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ng-your-device
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      i can't download there as i see only Chinese text, aren't there any mirrors like mega?

edit: never mind downloading it now thanks to google translate
      update_R89_109k4108_0925.img

Comment

Re: R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Originally posted by almirus View Post
        Thanks, but i already got it thanks to google translate.

Comment

Do you have a link for it. I have been reading all day trying to find a solution. I could not find his bootable image.
          I now realize it was only the boot.img

Comment

Sharing your IPerf/JPerf setups

I only get results when using UDP

This is typically what my command line look like

bin/iperf.exe -c 192.168.1.114 -u -P 1 -i 2 -p 5001 -f k -b 1.0M -t 60 -T 1

Any suggestions?

Comment

Pairing Sony PS3 BT remote

Hi.

Trying to pair Sony PS3 remote (CECH-ZRC1U) - my Beelink is asking for a PIN. Before that I used this remote with USB BT dongle but can't remember if I was entering PIN or what kind of PIN it was. I tried "0000" and "1234" - it's not pairing, although my VIERA got paired momentarily.

Any ideas about how to pair Sony remote?

Comment

Originally posted by YujiTFD View Post
                Hi.

Trying to pair Sony PS3 remote (CECH-ZRC1U) - my Beelink is asking for a PIN. Before that I used this remote with USB BT dongle but can't remember if I was entering PIN or what kind of PIN it was. I tried "0000" and "1234" - it's not pairing, although my VIERA got paired momentarily.

Any ideas about how to pair Sony remote?
                Have you also tried this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...waka.Bluetooth
                which I found at the kodi forum?
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  Have you also tried this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...waka.Bluetooth
                  which I found at the kodi forum?
                  I just did: app just stop responding every time I hit "Search" button. Don't get me wrong: system pairing dialog is working fine, I can see my remote and connect to it, but after I enter requested PIN, remote still goes under "Available Devices" section and not under "Paired Devices".

It's no big deal, just pity it's not working since this remote goes extremely well with XBMC/SMPC.

Comment

Lack of external antenna

I'm so use to the MiniX X7 with it's big external antenna for both 2.4 and 5gig. It gives me the warm feeling that it will have the best possible reception. Are you guys happy with the reception of the internal antenna of the Beelink R89? I would love to get one to see how much better it is for HTML5 animations, but I am concerned about poor wifi reception.

Thanks
                    George

Comment

Originally posted by georget View Post
                      Are you guys happy with the reception of the internal antenna of the Beelink R89?
                      George
                      The shape if the box allows the antenna to be placed away from the PWB, which is the what you want. Performance wise it is good enough. Sure, a dipole is probably a better solution but I would not make that the only reason for not buying the Beelink.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
                        The shape if the box allows the antenna to be placed away from the PWB, which is the what you want. Performance wise it is good enough. Sure, a dipole is probably a better solution but I would not make that the only reason for not buying the Beelink.
                        Thanks 4WheelSpider. That is reassuring. The router will be around 50 feet from the BeeLink which is probably pushing it for any wifi signal. I think I will order one over the weekend and see what it is like. I really like the MiniX X7 but wish it had a little more performance when displaying things like animated web pages.

Thanks
                        George

Comment

Originally posted by georget View Post
                          The router will be around 50 feet from the BeeLink which is probably pushing it for any wifi signal.
                          Yup, that would be pushing it, especially if there are lots of walls in between.

Comment

WIFI question

Hi guys,

I have spent a day/night to improve wifi on my R89! Changing wifi channel improved my download speed from 1-5 mbits to around 25-30 mbits, BUT my upload speed was always maxed out as ~30 mbits! (my maximum)

Can anyone explain me why upload is always fast, and download is not okay?
                            I have no issues with my Moto G phone (down: 30-40 mbits, up: ~30mbit)

My box is beelink, 110k4 stock. Should I try Finless v1.2?
                            Last edited by Hui91; 11-30-2014, 12:35.
                            Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
                            Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Hui91 View Post
                              Hi guys,

I have spent a day/night to improve wifi on my R89! Changing wifi channel improved my download speed from 1-5 mbits to around 25-30 mbits, BUT my upload speed was always maxed out as ~30 mbits! (my maximum)

Can anyone explain me why upload is always fast, and download is not okay?
                              I have no issues with my Moto G phone (down: 30-40 mbits, up: ~30mbit)

My box is beelink, 110k4 stock. Should I try Finless v1.2?
                              It's a little complicated in theory ,and honestly I am not very clear about this

But you said you changed the wifi channel,it will be more fast..I think the throughput in your 2.4G wifi download channel might be crowd
                              Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                                It's a little complicated in theory ,and honestly I am not very clear about this

But you said you changed the wifi channel,it will be more fast..I think the throughput in your 2.4G wifi download channel might be crowd
                                Thanks for your reply Oman!

So in theory faster upload speed is normal? (My internet is 60/30 mbits)
                                Yes, 2.4 Ghz might be crowded, I tested early morning today and it is ~40/30 Mbits now, the wifi connection with the box is 150 Mbits! Why can't it get to above ~40? My phone in the same spot gets better connection! My router wifi is 300 Mbits with 450 Mbits boost.

I was hoping from the AP6335 chip in this box to have much better/faster wifi.

UPDATE: WifiX manager from Playstore increased wifi speed in the stock rom for me!
                                The above speeds are with wifix.
                                Last edited by Hui91; 12-01-2014, 18:37.
                                Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
                                Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Comment

Working...
                                X