No announcement yet.

R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember the sequence but during a previous update I eventually got the RKBatchtool and my R89 to jive playing with a power on sequence and the Switch button on the tool. Will wait upon oman's response when he get back to work tomorrow before trying to install this SW on my R89. I think that the only difference is that 109K4 posted by oman this time included the HDMI patch. Let's wait for oman.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
      I don't remember the sequence but during a previous update I eventually got the RKBatchtool and my R89 to jive playing with a power on sequence and the Switch button on the tool. Will wait upon oman's response when he get back to work tomorrow before trying to install this SW on my R89. I think that the only difference is that 109K4 posted by oman this time included the HDMI patch. Let's wait for oman.
      Since you don't have the problem of connecting to your computer with the OTG port, you can always save your box. I am almost certain that my OTG port is bad. I can verify everything is working (OTG cord, reset button, ect.) except the OTG connection inside the box. I opened the box up to see if I could see anything wrong with the connection, but even with my magnifying glass, I could not see anything. I did notice that on the board, there are little orange holes that seem to have the connections for an OTG connections, I may concentrate on using those to use as an OTG connection. If someone could verify that I could indeed use those connections, then I could make a cord to use as and OTG cord.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        ... However, I was never able to get this R89 box to be recognized by my Windows 7 computer.
        Also not before this:?
        ... About a month ago, I tried to install TWRP made buy Smokez, but it crashed my box. ...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          Also not before this:?
          I was never able to get the R89 box to connect to my computer. I even purchased another OTG adaptor, eventhough I had already tried the one that came with the R89, plus another adapter that I already had and used on other devices. I tried again today to jumper the two tiny pins according to Oman's instructions, still no luck. I am very confidant that the problem is in the OTG port itself in the box.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

... I am very confidant that the problem is in the OTG port itself in the box.
            I think so too, but asking because of him
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post232208 (and next two posts by me)
            But I got no answer if he flashed the TWRP via OTG or not, maybe he have the same problem...

Because of
            .. I plug in the power, the TV screen knows there is something attached to the HDMI port because it goes to the input screen, but with in seconds, the TV screen says " No Signal "...
            I think the bootloader is still alive (BTW also at normal boot up HDMI for a short time?)

As I wrote at the PM there maybe also exist a way to boot via SD...
            BUT if I remember correctly, they use a patched bootloader, but you can try to place the recovery.img (which you can find at my dump http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post221237) at a SD card (or maybe also USB-pen, but I don't think so???)...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Re: R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Originally posted by oman View Post
              Here is the 109k4108, FYI->

link:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1279163619
              password:1em7

Our OTA server is crashed...So you should update it by hand.
              i can't download there as i see only Chinese text, aren't there any mirrors like mega?

edit: never mind downloading it now thanks to google translate

Comment

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post232208 (and next two posts by me)
                But I got no answer if he flashed the TWRP via OTG or not, maybe he have the same problem...

Because of

I think the bootloader is still alive (BTW also at normal boot up HDMI for a short time?)

BUT if I remember correctly, they use a patched bootloader, but you can try to place the recovery.img (which you can find at my dump http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post221237) at a SD card (or maybe also USB-pen, but I don't think so???)...
                Yes, I re-read all those post last night and again today. Since I am almost positive I have a bad OTG port on my box, connecting to my computer will be impossible. Since I can't get into the recovery screen I have thinking about a patched bootloader as you suggest. I even tried putting twrp in zip format on the external SD card, that did not work either. With the box connected to the TV, I can't understand why I can't access the stock recovery screen. When I had my problem a month ago, I was able to access the recovery screen with the tooth pick. Now that does not work.

Comment

Because of

Went to your dump link, but it was some sort of downloader app, and wanted to install a bunch of stuff on my computer.

Comment

no_spam_for_me

I tried that also, having a recovery img on the sd card......

So, right now, it seems the only thing that can bring my box back alive is something that restores the system right from the external sd card.

Comment

I tried to create a bootable SD card using this method, http://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/SD_booting, but that still did not work.

Comment

I tried to create a bootable SD card using this method, http://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/SD_booting, but that still did not work.
                        Have you tried the image that finless created?

Comment

@oman thanks, i installed the 109k4 with renaming to update.img but it failed and had no screen. connected to computer and flashed it again and it worked (but lost all my apps) now it boots fine and ethernet is working again!

Comment

Do you have a link for it. I have been reading all day trying to find a solution. I could not find his bootable image.

Comment

Guess you better wait for Oman before updating. Seems Elroy1 ran into the same problem I did when he updated.

Comment

Guess you better wait for Oman before updating. Seems Elroy1 ran into the same problem I did when he updated.
                                i guess you're right. out of box it came wit 105k4, updated with renaming to update.img on sd card to 108k4 without problems (as 109k4 link was not in the main firmware thread)

than did the same way from 108k4 to 109k4 and something went wrong. my otg port works gladly and fixed it with the computer.

also i had on 105k4 and 108k4 ethernet not working anymore. now it works again with 109k4, i prefer ethernet over wifi as my modemwifirouter sucks and im not getting over 50mbit, with ethernet i get over 200mbit (i have 250mbit connection) with my previous device the beelink m8 round box was only around 90mbit, that's why i love the beelink/ubox r89 with its gigabit lan!

Comment

Working...
                                X