Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW: R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
    Any Android tool that you folks could recommend to test internal network speeds (Note NOT internet speed) Want to check what the maximum throughput when using my PC as a server.
    I would use "cooltool" and transfer files from one device tothe other

Comment

IPerf - In-house network testing and performance measurement tool

=> http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post170864
      (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.iperf&hl=en)

If you use e.g. openWrt at your router, then you can also run iPerf at it...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

AP6335 is really good in R89. Comparing to AP6330 in S89:
        • AP6335 and AP6330 have similar range. I get a "fair" 5ghz signal from my Netgear R7000 in the 2nd floor of my house to either TV box in the basement. 2.4 ghz signal is a bit stronger on both, but connection on that band is slower.
        • AP6335 has faster speed, getting 35 to 40 mbps down and 12 mbps up on 5 ghz at that range. AP6330 in S89 gets 15 mbps down and 10 mbps up in the same spot on 5 ghz.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
          I would use "cooltool" and transfer files from one device tothe other
          Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post170864
          (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.iperf&hl=en)

If you use e.g. openWrt at your router, then you can also run iPerf at it...
          Thanks, will give it a whirl

PS Iperf worked like a charm - exactly what I was looking for. Thank you no_spam_for_me
          Last edited by 4WheelSpyder; 08-30-2014, 16:30.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
            After a factory restore Ethernet will not connect again. When it works, it is fast. Also, there has always been a lag, ex. When I open XBMC and access my files from my synology NAS, it takes a minute or so to connect. But when it does connect, it transfers the files 3 times faster than base 100.
            I can't reproduce it. Everything is fine after a "big" 'Factory data reset' at 107k4 (tested via iPerf). But maybe you have other issues because of:
            Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
            I swapped cables and got Ethernet working...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Running a wired Ethernet setup - Ookla reports 9.5 down which is less than half my normal download speed. Up is 2 which is my cap.

Edit: Quickly replaced the Beelink with the Tronsmart Vega and download speed is back to my download cap of 25
              I can now see why oman used a banging head emoticon to introduce this thread. After having trouble with my Ethernet connection my connection is now back up and running at full Internet speed. iPerf indicates 80Mb/s which is from what I can understand pretty close to the max one could expect from a 100Mb/s LAN.

I will see if I could replicate the issue that I had with the Static IP settings.
              Last edited by 4WheelSpyder; 08-30-2014, 22:01.

Comment

Wifi Antenna Patch

Hi oman, kudos for placing the antenna patch at the top if the box lid - way to go! This box wont have the same wifi sensitivity issues that so many tablets are having.

PS, The Ethernet on my box is down again
                Last edited by 4WheelSpyder; 08-31-2014, 02:46.

Comment

My Ethernet connection was working flawlessly, although at a choked speed. In order to change the dns settings I changed the setting to Static IP and copied everything over IP, Netmask and Gateway, set dns1 and dns2 to the new settings, saved the settings and although the settings are displayed correctly, there is no Ethernet connection. Cancelling the Static IP setting did not bring the connection back. (all settings are displayed as zeroes) Cancelling Ethernet and switching over to wifi, which was still working, and back to Ethernet did not restore it either. Also tried rebooting a few times. No luck!
                  Is it probabilistic?

We met this situation before,and we fixed that..

Could you give me more details?
                  Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

I am also sometimes having connecting to my wifi router. Have not yet had any problem connecting to ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                      Is it probabilistic?

We met this situation before,and we fixed that..

Could you give me more details?
                      Not sure what is going on, it appears as if the wifi and Ethernet are playing tag. Ethernet is fairly solid now.

Wifi is having a bit of a problem. I am only getting choked rates as at the beginning. When I run an ookla test the test would start at say 6 Mb/s and then taper off - to the point that it would sometimes stop and state "network error" It happens on both routers in my house. One runs DDWRT and the other runs the OEM firmware. Even when it states 'network error' I could still exit ookla, use a browser and I would have internet access. It is almost as if some buffer is being filled up.

Will post more info once I have it.

Update: I have run a few ookla tests and my download speed is now 1/2 the upload speed. (Down to just over 1Mb/s) Replacing the Beelink with the Tronsmart placing it on exactly the same spot provides a more than 10 times increase in download speed.

Now here is maybe a pointer. If I power the Beelink R89 down and back up, the first time running the ookla tests it register a download speed of 10 Mb/s, however running the same test the second time and the download speed is back down to 1Mb/s.

Switching over toe Ethernet and the speed is back to almost my cap of 25Mb/s\

Just for the record. Wifi Analyzer registers -45dB (solid green) and there are no other transmitters at the same frequency.
                      Last edited by 4WheelSpyder; 09-03-2014, 01:59.

Comment

This is a good web test... http://testmy.net/
                        You can test many diff configurations.

Comment

Not sure what is going on, it appears as if the wifi and Ethernet are playing tag. Ethernet is fairly solid now.

Wifi is having a bit of a problem. I am only getting choked rates as at the beginning. When I run an ookla test the test would start at say 6 Mb/s and then taper off - to the point that it would sometimes stop and state "network error" It happens on both routers in my house. One runs DDWRT and the other runs the OEM firmware. Even when it states 'network error' I could still exit ookla, use a browser and I would have internet access. It is almost as if some buffer is being filled up.

Update: I have run a few ookla tests and my download speed is now 1/2 the upload speed. (Down to just over 1Mb/s) Replacing the Beelink with the Tronsmart placing it on exactly the same spot provides a more than 10 times increase in download speed.

Now here is maybe a pointer. If I power the Beelink R89 down and back up, the first time running the ookla tests it register a download speed of 10 Mb/s, however running the same test the second time and the download speed is back down to 1Mb/s.

Just for the record. Wifi Analyzer registers -45dB (solid green) and there are no other transmitters at the same frequency.
                          I do some test on R89 via Speedtest,didnt reproduce what you did:

Speedtest Version: v3.2.3

Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

AW: R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Do you have bluetooth enabled and in use during this test? On my mk908 wifi gets a hard impact in that case...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                              Do you have bluetooth enabled and in use during this test? On my mk908 wifi gets a hard impact in that case...
                              Thanks, had the same thought and checked. No - bluetooth is not enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by userx View Post
                                This is a good web test... http://testmy.net/
                                You can test many diff configurations.
                                Pretty much the same symptoms. The first time I run it the download speed will be around 10Mb/s. The second time it will start off at 10Mb/s and then dropped of down to just under 1 Mb/s.

TiP Data Points:: 8.52 Mbps, 10.19 Mbps, 10.51 Mbps, 10.46 Mbps, 10.56 Mbps, 11.13 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1.04 Mbps, 0.91 Mbps, 0.87 Mbps, 0.9 Mbps, 0.91 Mbps, 0.68 Mbps, 0.95 Mbps, 1.45 Mbps, 0.95 Mbps, 0.95 Mbps, 0.93 Mbps, 0.53 Mbps

Comment

Working...
                                X