Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow ethernet

Hi Oman,

I received my Beelink R89 today. I discovered that wifi performans is really excellent.

But when i use my LAN connction the speed is really poor. I first discovered that while watching tv on my iptv application. When im watching over wifi the streaming quality is HD. When i switch it to LAN its almost 240p something wrong with the LAN

BTW i immediately upgraded my r89 to 109K4 when i received it ...

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      I rarely use wifi, so I never really noticed what you were referring to. After I run the test, your observations were correct. I ran the test with a minute or two between test. Here are my results, I only wrote down the download speeds.

Thanks for doing the test. At least some one else could replicate what I am seeing. I started to suspect the DDWRT software in my router. This could be cash related to the wifi since I can do the same sequential test with the Ethernet and I don't see this drop. Oman should guide us if we should send him some log files (not sure if the cause would show up in a log file)

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
        Thanks for doing the test. At least some one else could replicate what I am seeing. I started to suspect the DDWRT software in my router. This could be cash related to the wifi since I can do the same sequential test with the Ethernet and I don't see this drop. Oman should guide us if we should send him some log files (not sure if the cause would show up in a log file)
        Can you add this problem to Oman's spreadsheet, so he can look for a possible solution.

Thanks
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Can you add this problem to Oman's spreadsheet, so he can look for a possible solution.

Thanks
          Done

Comment

Re: R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

finally got my r89 ubox today (16gb) out of the box with 105k4 firmware and I'm pretty satisfied with the ethernet connection. i have a 250mbit connection with several boxes, tablets, computers and mobile phones connected and this is the result.

Edit: fun was for a short time, when i woke up today my ethernet was not working anymore (now only wifi works). updated to 108k4 and still no ethernet. any advice?
            Last edited by Elroy1; 10-12-2014, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by almirus View Post
              My speed (109k) AP6210

first LAN
              second WIFI

If I have it correctly the direction of flow is from the client to the server. The problems that others are experiencing are for the R89 to receive over wifi. You should do the test in the other direction too. (i.e the R89 being the server)

Comment

Invalid test removed

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                  finally got my r89 ubox today (16gb) out of the box with 105k4 firmware and I'm pretty satisfied with the ethernet connection. i have a 250mbit connection with several boxes, tablets, computers and mobile phones connected and this is the result.

Edit: fun was for a short time, when i woke up today my ethernet was not working anymore (now only wifi works). updated to 108k4 and still no ethernet. any advice?
                  Here is the 109k4108, FYI->

link:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1279163619
                  password:1em7

Our OTA server is crashed...So you should update it by hand.
                  Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post

Downloading now, any change log?
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Re: R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Thanks will try that one when I'm at home, hopefully ethernet will be fixed on my device. i read some have problems with ethernet and some not.

Comment

Downloaded this ROM right from my R89, moved the file to external SD and renamed it to "update.img". Rebooted box, after reboot it said it found new update and asked if I wanted to do the update. I clicked yes and it started the update. The little green android showed the progress bar, when the progress bar got to about 75% complete ,the screen went blank. Waited about 10 minutes then depressed the power button for 10 seconds until the blue light went out. Waited a minute and depressed the power button, blue light came on but blank screen. Tried it by pulling the power, still blank screen. Tried tooth pick method, still blank screen. Interestingly, the TV does NOT say no signal. I have not tried to see if the AV port works, yet. Any suggestions?

Comment

Downloaded this ROM right from my R89, moved the file to external SD and renamed it to "update.img". Rebooted box, after reboot it said it found new update and asked if I wanted to do the update. I clicked yes and it started the update. The little green android showed the progress bar, when the progress bar got to about 75% complete ,the screen went blank. Waited about 10 minutes then depressed the power button for 10 seconds until the blue light went out. Waited a minute and depressed the power button, blue light came on but blank screen. Tried it by pulling the power, still blank screen. Tried tooth pick method, still blank screen. Interestingly, the TV does NOT say no signal. I have not tried to see if the AV port works, yet. Any suggestions?
                          Tried the AV port but only got " no signal " on my TV. Even using the tooth pick method, I cannot get into the recovery mode.

Tried connecting it to computer using the OTG port, but that did not work either. I even purchased a new OTG adaptor. I went through this whole process last month trying to get this box connected to my Windows 7 computer, but had no luck.

So, here is where I stand. TV screen is blank, can't get into the recovery mode and can't connect to my computer. Is this box completely done for, now?
                          Last edited by clarkss12; 10-13-2014, 06:24.

Comment

Tried the AV port but only got " no signal " on my TV. Even using the tooth pick method, I cannot get into the recovery mode.

Tried connecting it to computer using the OTG port, but that did not work either. I even purchased a new OTG adaptor. I went through this whole process last month trying to get this box connected to my Windows 7 computer, but had no luck.

So, here is where I stand. TV screen is blank, can't get into the recovery mode and can't connect to my computer. Is this box completely done for, now?
                            You have been too keen clarkss12. SW 109k4108 was released 4 weeks ago. You installed it back then

Does your PC detect an USB port being connected when you plug it in? Do you have the Rockchip USB drivers installed?

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
                              You have been too keen clarkss12. SW 109k4108 was released 4 weeks ago. You installed it back then

Does your PC detect an USB port being connected when you plug it in? Do you have the Rockchip USB drivers installed?
                              I think the file link that Oman posted last night that I tried to install is newer than his last one. The dates were different.

Yes, I have installed several of his updates the same way, and never had a problem. About a month ago, I tried to install TWRP made buy Smokez, but it crashed my box. I could still get into the recovery menu. Finless Bob came through by finding out that all I had to do was rename Oman's img file to update.img and install it through the recovery menu.

During that time frame, I tried all the suggestions that everyone made. I even tried shorting the pins per Oman's instructions, but still could not get my R89 to be seen by my computer.
                              Yes, the rockchip USB drivers are installed. When I connect my RK3188 boxes, it detects them right away and I can restore new roms from the RKbatchtool. However, I was never able to get this R89 box to be recognized by my Windows 7 computer.

Comment

Another clue. With the R89 connected to TV via HDMI, I hold tooth pick inside the AV hole while it clicks, holding the tooth pick, I plug in the power, the TV screen knows there is something attached to the HDMI port because it goes to the input screen, but with in seconds, the TV screen says " No Signal ". I have tried several times, and always the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X