Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree to @Edius.
    Since I flashed Brian's ROM (August Version) I rebooted my cube one or two times. Therefore the Boot animation is meaningless for me.
    There might be other, more important issues to keep an eye on.

Comment

Originally posted by Edius View Post
      I wonder how hard could be to change boot animation for few guys....to copy/paste an archive with proper permission set in ESExplorer app and restart Cube should take ~1 min.
      When things like app incompatibility on Store still unsolved (Dead Trigger 2_invisible for Talk 9X users, UC Browser HD_incompatible, etc - maybe you should work in this direction @900supersport with Playstore fixes, like Riley on all Pipo ROM's), battery percentage wrong reported, external SD/devices formatted in NTFS/exFat unusable, default brightness very high without Lepi's patch, rear camera out of focus sometimes, etc - we complain about bootanimations and logo's.
      I will not flash 900supersport just for a slightly mod (few chinese app removed, rooted, and almost stock boot animation)
      This things i could do by myself, china apps could be uninstalled very easy after first boot, 4GB EBR1_2 from your ROM-thank's, rooted very easy with @mmrrdd patch).
      ROM is stable but not perfect.
      You didn't dead my post correctly, right?
      NOT the bootanimation is the problem!
      The Boot logo before is...
      This bootlogo is fixed in kernel. There are ways to change, but my experience in such stuff isn't good enough.
      I'm fit with hardware... Repairing Smartphones, tablets, notebooks ans so on.
      Don't like to do it by myself whithout a detailed instruction.
      I've paid 180€ for my U65GT and want to customize it as I like
      Sent from my U65GT via chrome

Comment

@Spassknochen

You have a supercharger which will load the cube within a few hours. Therefore, there should be no need for you to ever reboot your tablet as it will never go off. Leave it on and the boot logo is history 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Spassknochen View Post
          You didn't dead my post correctly, right?
          NOT the bootanimation is the problem!
          The Boot logo before is...
          This bootlogo is fixed in kernel. There are ways to change, but my experience in such stuff isn't good enough.
          I'm fit with hardware... Repairing Smartphones, tablets, notebooks ans so on.
          Don't like to do it by myself whithout a detailed instruction.
          I've paid 180€ for my U65GT and want to customize it as I like
          Sure yo' do. Static boot image is not in kernel like in other android devices...i belived this too.
          If you read here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post224062 you'll found is very easy to customize how you want that fu.kin' image.
          And by the way, I understand you perfectly.
          Cheers, Edy.

Comment

Originally posted by JoLander View Post
            @Spassknochen

You have a supercharger which will load the cube within a few hours. Therefore, there should be no need for you to ever reboot your tablet as it will never go off. Leave it on and the boot logo is history 
            You're right, but it scatches my f*cking nerves if I couldn't customize as I want. It is a principle for myself.
            Nobody needs to understand this really.
            It's my quirk

Comment

I'll buy this in next few days http://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/home-charger-4500.html
              I think is a good choice, lookin' through specs.
              2.9A/port combined with a quality cable should be just fine.

Comment

Hi@all
                I am using this ROM and I am vers happy with this!

A short reviev:
                Got this U65GT since rd about 2 Weeks.
                Took the ROM 1.8 vom 900supersport, root and the lib something.so to get chrome working fine.

Also the brighness patch from Lepi to have more battery lifetime.

You both could have some Beer from me ;-)

The one and only thing I don't like (yeah, I am hating this!) is the inkredible ugly cube Logo on start sequence.

The EU Wallcharger was gone in a few minutes...

I habe bougt a 5V 4A Charger with a round plug.
                I have soldered a USB to it and now the U65SG is charged inbetween rund about 3 to 4 hours from 10%☺

I am using a Kingston 64GB SDXC uSD. But exFat doesn't work. I need the uSD Format in fat32 to work!

Navigation is working perfectly.
                I' m using iGo Primo.
                It's a special Version for Tablets with higher resolutions.

The GPS Fix is nearly in a minute (Outside, off course)...

I am a technician. And I had a lot oft mobile devices to test.

But the U65GT is one oft the fastest and smoothest I have ever tested...
                I would buy it again. :-D

Fazit:
                Fast, with 900supersport's ROM incredible, with all the mods from freaktab.com unbelievable!

The charging issues can only fixed with a big (I'm using 5V 4A "FSP020-DGAA1") charger.
                This one has real 4 Amps! Those little wall chargers mostly has only 2 Amps - even if the seller say it has 4 Amps...
                So you can charge from 10% to 100% in rd about 3-4 hours...

I hope, that is enough Information for you all guys.
                If you have some questions, Please feel free to ask...

Wish you happy "tabletting" with the incredible U65GT ;-)

Sorry for my lousy english
                Do you know how to fix gps please? Am using stock rom but rooted, my gps is not working. Even google map can't detect gps

Comment

Spassknochen,
                  about your supercharger, did you evaluate that the little pins and wires inside the tablet could not handle well the "overcurrent" your charger gives to the battery?
                  So the battery could be working, but you can burst the pins and you will not able to charge the tablet unless you open it.
                  This is only an idea...I'm telling it only to be careful doing such mods...
                  if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

I'll buy this in next few days http://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/home-charger-4500.html
                    I think is a good choice, lookin' through specs.
                    2.9A/port combined with a quality cable should be just fine.
                    the tablet needs to receive 5V (NOT less), pay attention that if there is a minimal voltage drop on the USB cable you will not be able to charge the cube with this charger (that seems beautiful to me)
                    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

When things like app incompatibility on Store still unsolved (Dead Trigger 2_invisible for Talk 9X users, UC Browser HD_incompatible, etc - maybe you should work in this direction @900supersport with Playstore fixes, like Riley on all Pipo ROM's), battery percentage wrong reported, external SD/devices formatted in NTFS/exFat unusable, default brightness very high without Lepi's patch, rear camera out of focus sometimes, etc - we complain about bootanimations and logo's.
                      He is totally right!!! Let's fix the missing apps and improve that and not stuff that nobody really needs. Thanks edius

Comment

I have used the USB EU charger it was delivered by seller.
                        How to change bootanimation I know and I changed already.
                        But before the bootanimation there is the cube logo I don't like.
                        The Tablet looks noble at all. But the Boot logo doesn't and kills the ensemble.
                        It's my subjective opinion.
                        Good clarification - my misunderstanding. The point remains, that if that is the only downside, it's pretty minor for a lot of users - but not for you as you have stated. I've read/viewed a stack of reviews and they all come down to "poor charger"; "long charge time"; "boot logo"; "minimum brightness"... All of these points are being discussed here, which is great!
                        Last edited by ac0935p; 09-16-2014, 11:57.

Comment

Sure yo' do. Static boot image is not in kernel like in other android devices...i belived this too.
                          If you read here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post224062 you'll found is very easy to customize how you want that fu.kin' image.
                          And by the way, I understand you perfectly.
                          Cheers, Edy.
                          Thanks in advance, Edy
                          That is what I meant.
                          I have to work now and give it a try later

Comment

If you read here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post224062 you'll found is very easy to customize how you want that image.
                            There's also this thread on xdaforum
                            And this other thread...

Comment

Some answers:
                              First oft all: This is NOT a "supercharger". It's just a normal charger with (real) 4amps @ 5volts.
                              There is no overcurrent power from this electronical charger.
                              The charger gives just the power the Tablet can handle.
                              The more the tablet "ASK" for, the more the charger will deliver - the electronics inside the tablet can just get what the electronics and Pins, cables etc. can handle.
                              Overvoltage can damage your Tablet, of course.
                              The USB cables has various quality. So it could be, that one charges perfectly and another seems to charge but doesn't.
                              The original from U65GT doesn't work for me as I want.
                              I am using another one.

"Important things" or "nobody needs" are definations that every user might see different.
                              Shure, working apps are very important and more interesting things, agree - depending on the apps you are using.
                              Most oft the apps I'm using working fine.
                              I like to have a working tablet, too. But style is important for me, also.

Comment

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
                                There's also this thread on xdaforum
                                And this other thread...
                                Thank you, I've just downloaded the needed files and tryout later.
                                Xda forum is basicly my first address, but for me freaktab is the better address for the U65GT

Comment

Working...
                                X