Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo!

Finally got home to try out my tablet. Initially the drivers would not install, then I remembered I had previously flashed another MTK advice, so running Device Manager in Admin mode I uninstalled EVERY disconnected device I could find. The driver sets itself up as a port - so those are the ones you need to focus on. You only get to see the ports if you display hidden devices and run in Admin mode.

Anyway I uninstalled reconnected the tablet. I had to right-click on the device and upgrade the driver. Having done that, the SP Flash tool recognized my Cube and flashed the ROM.

Great job. Only disappointment is the quality of the sound through the speakers. I often use my tablet as an "internet radio". The sound quality from my old Ainol is much superior to the Cube. Apart from, it's a great device.

One is definitely amused...

Thanks to 900SS
    Last edited by ac0935p; 09-19-2014, 17:16. Reason: kudos to 900SS

Comment

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
      Finally got home to try out my tablet. Initially the drivers would not install, then I remembered I had previously flashed another MTK advice, so running Device Manager in Admin mode I uninstalled EVERY disconnected device I could find. The driver sets itself up as a port - so those are the ones you need to focus on. You only get to see the ports if you display hidden devices and run in Admin mode.

Anyway I uninstalled reconnected the tablet. I had to right-click on the device and upgrade the driver. Having done that, the SP Flash tool recognized my Cube and flashed the ROM.

Great job. Only disappointment is the quality of the sound through the speakers. I often use my tablet as an "internet radio". The sound quality from my old Ainol is much superior to the Cube. Apart from, it's a great device.

One is definitely amused...

Thanks to 900SS
      Use MTK Engineering tools from playstore to fix audio works great after that.

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by madweegie View Post
        What should be done to config it?

Comment

Originally posted by eteles View Post
          What should be done to config it?
          open it and click on mtk , then swipe twice to the right to you get to audio, you will see like 5 profiles, change the 0~160 to = 160 in all of them.

Comment

open it and click on mtk , then swipe twice to the right to you get to audio, you will see like 5 profiles, change the 0~160 to = 160 in all of them.
            Thanks! I've just done it, but it seems this is forcing the speakers so much... It's distorcing audio and I think if you keep it like that for long it will probably damage the speakers...

Comment

Thanks, but that just invokes MTK Engineering Mode - right? Done that already via Mobile Uncle Tools. Changed the levels, but what it really needs is some type of graphic equalizer type tool to boost the bass. Volume ain't too bad, but right now the Cube sounds like a mobile phone rather than a tablet.

By the way, in the engineering mode, the different levels correspond to the different volume levels as you change the volume control - the first volume level is the quietest, the last the loudest. If all you want is to boost max loudness you only have to change the last parameter, not all of them. I have increased the last 8 each by a couple of points (2 for the first, 4 for the second, and so on). The highest value is now 16 above where it was. The sound is a little distorted so I shall probably go down a couple of points.

But hey, sound quality is my only gripe. It's a remarkable device for remarkably little money.

Comment

IMHO a much better solution for fixing any kind of Android audio deficiency is to install Viper's Audio Driver ViPER4Android FX

Comment

Stock Browser Bookmark Sync

For those of you who prefer the "good old" AOSP browser rather than Chrome, but who are frustrated by not being able to sync bookmarks from Chrome. If you download this sync adapter APK and install it a new option will be added to your Google Account Sync - "Browser". Make sure this is checked and sync'ed in the accounts section of settings. Your Chrome bookmarks will then appear in the stock browser.

Comment

VIPER4Android FX

Originally posted by Poppeye View Post
                    IMHO a much better solution for fixing any kind of Android audio deficiency is to install Viper's Audio Driver ViPER4Android FX
                    That's a great piece of advice - certainly improves the quality of the sound output, though it's still not quite up to the standard of my old Ainol (or is that just familiarity???)

@Poppeye - THANKS!
                    Last edited by ac0935p; 09-19-2014, 20:05. Reason: Add beer

Comment

Originally posted by pluto69 View Post
                      I really don't know what else I can do!
                      When you have changed anything important in sys.txt, be sure to delete your entire save directory.

Comment

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
                        For those of you who prefer the "good old" AOSP browser rather than Chrome, but who are frustrated by not being able to sync bookmarks from Chrome. If you download this sync adapter APK and install it a new option will be added to your Google Account Sync - "Browser". Make sure this is checked and sync'ed in the accounts section of settings. Your Chrome bookmarks will then appear in the stock browser.

You can sync bookmarks with default browser using this apk fix https://www.sendspace.com/file/119cuf

Comment

You can sync bookmarks with default browser using this apk fix https://www.sendspace.com/file/119cuf
                          I think it's actually the same APK with a different name... Either way, both work, I guess.

Comment

reflash

Flashing with flashtool will erase and format the internal SD too?
                            I was trying this ROM and wanted to restart from scratch after some system modification.
                            Thanks

Comment

If you want to be certain then after flashing boot to recovery and format cache and data.
                              900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppeye View Post
                                I've installed it on my Cube and was really surpised
                                The Bluetooth sound quality is much better and you can in "Moderate Mode" increase the output level.

for internal speakers I don't need, but the Bluetooth-speaker of my buddy works much better with that

Thank you for that tip in advance

Now I'm waiting for my new bluetooth speaker...
                                Sent from my U65GT via chrome

Comment

Working...
                                X