[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niabi View Post
    I am about to release v1.4, with a LOT of new stuff, I removed a few services, and apks that were not needed, I also added Biggifi remote control support, this has got to be one of the best android remote controls I've used, its not working 100% because some binaries are not compatible (screenshot and sensor), but what I have working is more than enough to use a smartphone or tablet as a control (touch and mouse emulation)

still testing it, but I will probably release it tomorrow
    This is great thanks for your hard work!

How is the update coming along? Is there a version we can use currently that has biggifi support? Currently using an afterglow PS3 wireless controller which kind of works (PS3 wired works great), but biggifi would really complete this!

thanks

Comment

I have a beta version available, but I found a few quirks, specifically with the YouTube app, it seems every once in a while it decides to not work, you have to go and delete the data for it and it will work again.

Other than that, Biggifi works very good (well what I could get working, no motion sensor and touch is a bit wonky, also does this thing supposed to have a keyboard? can't seem to find it)

Originally posted by eshroom View Post
      This is great thanks for your hard work!

How is the update coming along? Is there a version we can use currently that has biggifi support? Currently using an afterglow PS3 wireless controller which kind of works (PS3 wired works great), but biggifi would really complete this!

thanks

Comment

I have a beta version available, but I found a few quirks, specifically with the YouTube app, it seems every once in a while it decides to not work, you have to go and delete the data for it and it will work again.

Other than that, Biggifi works very good (well what I could get working, no motion sensor and touch is a bit wonky, also does this thing supposed to have a keyboard? can't seem to find it)
        Awesome, could you post a link please?

Biggifi does have a keyboard, but it comes up automatically when the keyboard on-screen comes up.

Comment

damn then thats another thing I have to check, keyboard does not popup on my smart phone :S

there is no link yet, I am going to try and see why the keyboard is not working

Awesome, could you post a link please?

Biggifi does have a keyboard, but it comes up automatically when the keyboard on-screen comes up.

Comment

there is no link yet, I am going to try and see why the keyboard is not working
            Sounds good, I'll look out for it to be posted on this thread.

Video of keyboard feature: http://youtu.be/6xvpH2zTviM?t=2m24s

Comment

Well I give up, been trying for 3 hours strauight and the keyboard just doesn't popup.

I will upload the 1.4 beta tomorrow but the only thin that works 100% on biggifi is the mouse.

Sounds good, I'll look out for it to be posted on this thread.

Video of keyboard feature: http://youtu.be/6xvpH2zTviM?t=2m24s

Comment

Well I give up, been trying for 3 hours strauight and the keyboard just doesn't popup.

I will upload the 1.4 beta tomorrow but the only thin that works 100% on biggifi is the mouse.
                Sounds good thanks. I'm sure it will still beat any other wireless option I have available.

Could the issue stem from the fact Biggifi runs on 4.2, not 4.1.2?

Comment

Also, is there anyway to edit the apps that appear on the launcher so SPMC appears up there?

Comment

Re: [ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

Sounds good thanks. I'm sure it will still beat any other wireless option I have available.

Could the issue stem from the fact Biggifi runs on 4.2, not 4.1.2?
                    Yeah, some binaries don't run on 4.1.2, like the screen capture, I assume it's because of that.

Comment

Re: [ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

Also, is there anyway to edit the apps that appear on the launcher so SPMC appears up there?
                      Like any regular android, long press (or click) on an icon and you can set it on the desktop. BTW, not sure if you knew but the game pad can be set to mouse emulation, press the back button until the leds estay lit, then without letting go press the start button until the 3rd led is lit, release and not the right stick is the mouse, left bumper is left button and right one is the right button

Comment

Like any regular android, long press (or click) on an icon and you can set it on the desktop. BTW, not sure if you knew but the game pad can be set to mouse emulation, press the back button until the leds estay lit, then without letting go press the start button until the 3rd led is lit, release and not the right stick is the mouse, left bumper is left button and right one is the right button
                        Unfortunately mouse emulation and long-press don't work with PS3 controller. I'll try to get my hands on an xbox controller.

Comment

The hardware in this is really nice for XBMC and streaming.
                          It also seems to handle the psone emulator nicely.

but a lot of the newer RPG's won't run.
                          I'm guessing it has to do with it only having 512mb of ram?

Ok, with some tweaking I got the ppssp emulator to run really well with games like castlevania. Still playing with monster hunter.
                          i'm liking this little stick more & more.
                          Last edited by nitrogen_widget; 09-30-2014, 12:16.

Comment

care to share the settings?

I found there are a lot of services we could potentially dissable to make the stick faster (airplay server, remote server, etc) which most people don't use.

also remove a lot of te apps we don't really need (telephone, calendar, contacts, etc) to make a real streamline media player and gaming stick.

but I haven't had time to do the last fixes on 1.4 to release it yet

Originally posted by nitrogen_widget View Post
                            The hardware in this is really nice for XBMC and streaming.
                            It also seems to handle the psone emulator nicely.

but a lot of the newer RPG's won't run.
                            I'm guessing it has to do with it only having 512mb of ram?

Ok, with some tweaking I got the ppssp emulator to run really well with games like castlevania. Still playing with monster hunter.
                            i'm liking this little stick more & more.

Comment

oh, I meant the gamestick gamepad

Unfortunately mouse emulation and long-press don't work with PS3 controller. I'll try to get my hands on an xbox controller.

Comment

I'm still playing around with settings on monster hunter but will post up what changes I made after i've played it a little to make sure it doesn't slow down during something like combat.

Also fired up the Justice league games for a little and saw no issues with speed during combat.
                                I followed a tweak guide on the ppsspp forum but each piece of hardware is different so i played around with a few settings to get things playable.

The game I really wanted to play, Avabel online apparently doesn't run on rooted devices so I need to hide the fact it's rooted or just use my tegra 3 tablet.
                                according to what i've read this morning I need to install xposed framework & the root hiding mod.

I also think I broke something. LOL!
                                Been installing & uninstalling A LOT of games testing controller compatibility & now when I reboot using fast reboot bluetooth sometimes doesn't start & my default keyboard switches to controller sometimes at boot which completely messed with me the first time until I figured it out.

Ideally i'll just leave it on 24/7 plugged into my TV.
                                I doubt it would make much of a difference on my power bill.

However, this little guy throws off some serious heat!

Also, i'm not in a hurry to update the rom just yet.
                                for the most part everything works really well.

care to share the settings?

I found there are a lot of services we could potentially dissable to make the stick faster (airplay server, remote server, etc) which most people don't use.

also remove a lot of te apps we don't really need (telephone, calendar, contacts, etc) to make a real streamline media player and gaming stick.

but I haven't had time to do the last fixes on 1.4 to release it yet

Comment

Working...
                                X