No announcement yet.

[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so the 360 provides power to a regular hub, you use the extra mini usb cable that came with the gamestick to power the gamestick from the hub and then plug a usb keyboard directly into the hub? Thanx for the help its damn frustrating lol

Comment

Re: [ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

Originally posted by joemegahertz View Post
      so the 360 provides power to a regular hub, you use the extra mini usb cable that came with the gamestick to power the gamestick from the hub and then plug a usb keyboard directly into the hub? Thanx for the help its damn frustrating lol
      I just plug the hub to the Y cable, and the keyboard goes to the hub

Comment

[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

I've got a flash drive, wired Xbox controller, wired keyboard and wireless mouse all plugged in to a hub that's plugged in to the y cable. It all works at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post
          can you try with another power supply? it should be at least 1000ma but a 1500ma or 2000ma would be better, also, try with another USB cable just for kicks.

some TV's have a usb port, try using that, if you have an Xbox 360 you can hook it up to the front USB and test it.
          I tried My power cord from my working stick I tried the cord it came with and I tried the powercord from the one I sent you and it wont power on, I will be exchanging it today for a new one.

This is one I am flashing for a friend so I hope this next one works fine like mine did heh.

Comment

I am having trouble connecting a keyboard to the gamestick. I have tried three different keyboards and none of them will connect using the provided y cable. I connect the standard usb end to the power adapter the micro end in the gamestick and the usb port attaches to the end of the usb cable coming from my keyboards. Any idea whats wrong or what I could try next? I thought about a powered hub but i don't think it provides enough power for the gamestick. I live in a small town so all I got is a few big box stores to get supplies from. Aggravating!!!!
            I have one of these that I had for my Nintendo Wii and it works perfect for the GameStick,
            http://www.****.com/itm/Logitech-Cor.../261621873832?

Comment

been trying more stuff

still no luck with the keyboard very frustrating lol. I installed the developers os, and figured I would try to flash it from their however using a piece of software called flashify it says it can't my boot partition?! However it says I could still flash zips I suppose you don't have a zip version of your image file laying around do you? lol this is so frustrating

Comment

still no luck with the keyboard very frustrating lol. I installed the developers os, and figured I would try to flash it from their however using a piece of software called flashift it says it can't my boot partition?! However it says I could still flash zips I suppose you don't have a zip version of your image file laying around do you? lol this is so frustrating
                The img, the img is just a renamed.zip file, but I would not try an external app to flash.

if you have a mouse, try flashing with that, just move the mouse VERY slowly.

you could also try this:

make a file in your SD card, where GameStickCFW-1.4-signed.img is, name it "factory_update_param.aml"

open it in notepad, or notepad++ and type in this

Code:
                --wipe_data
                --wipe_cache
                --update_package=/sdcard/GameStickCFW-1.4-signed.img
                save the file, put the SD card into your gamestick, and disconnect the USB, now press the recovery button, and connect the USB while still being pressed, with any luck it should start flashing it file.

note that this is the standard way to flash Amlogic devices, I haven't tested this with the gamestick.

Comment

just a update did the file you suggested its currently installing heres hoping it works!

Comment

it works!!!!!! you are amazing thank you so much!!!

Comment

it works!!!!!! you are amazing thank you so much!!!
                      Glad it worked, you are going to need a mouse to control it anyways, at least until you can pair your gamepad for the first time

Comment

IDK if it overheats and crashes but on spmc mine crashes while using it and it gets real hot any way to fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by killajay89 View Post
                          IDK if it overheats and crashes but on spmc mine crashes while using it and it gets real hot any way to fix that?
                          These things do run hot! Depending on where your stick is if there is not alot of space for it to breathe you may get overheating issues. If you have a hdmi extension cable try moving it to a more ventilated place. If you are willing to do a little hardware modding there is a few things you can do. Simply cutting larger holes in the case could help with airflow. You could also buy mini heat spreaders and using quality thermals help vent it through a whole cut in the stick, but beaware it could get hot and burn you or melt the surrounding plastic. I don't believe the kernel supports overclocking but you could try that. There are several free programs on the play store that would allow you to under clock your stick. You would have to figure out how low you could go and still play videos well though.

Comment

Re: [ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

These things do run hot! Depending on where your stick is if there is not alot of space for it to breathe you may get overheating issues. If you have a hdmi extension cable try moving it to a more ventilated place. If you are willing to do a little hardware modding there is a few things you can do. Simply cutting larger holes in the case could help with airflow. You could also buy mini heat spreaders and using quality thermals help vent it through a whole cut in the stick, but beaware it could get hot and burn you or melt the surrounding plastic. I don't believe the kernel supports overclocking but you could try that. There are several free programs on the play store that would allow you to under clock your stick. You would have to figure out how low you could go and still play videos well though.
                            Yep, the heat sink on these things is pathetic to say the least. My atv120 is inside a custom case that has a little 5 volt fan connected to the usb hub, and it has made it so much better.

Comment

Yep, the heat sink on these things is pathetic to say the least. My atv120 is inside a custom case that has a little 5 volt fan connected to the usb hub, and it has made it so much better.
                              Yes.
                              Mine ran so much cooler when I had to take the case off in order to hit the reset button.
                              I found a 20" widescreen for $20 at a thrift store last night so I grabbed my HDMI to VGA adaptor with audio & hooked it up.
                              looked good.

set up the N64 emulator for the kids & it was really cranking out the BTU's LOL!
                              I have a dead wifi router, might do what you did & also incorporate the hub.

HULU kept locking up on me also.
                              I don't recall it doing that with the case off.

Comment

can't see SD card with 1.4

Hey everyone

Just threw this up on my GS - for some reason once it's loaded, the SD card is inaccessible- but it shows up in settings and I can format it. I can also flash from it. Very strange - never seen this behavior before on any device.

any ideas as to why it's happening?
                                tried reflashing as well.

Here is the CFW for the PlayJam Gamestick

Please keep in mind that I put this rom together for my personal use, so you might not agree with the settings or the apps (very few) I have pre-installed, but lucky for you, you can modify/uninstall all of them with ease

a few features:
                                • Xbox 360/Ps3 controller support, modules compiled by me, I've tried the Xbox wired and wireless (with the USB adapter)
                                • GAPPS pre-installed
                                • build.prop tweaks (thanks to Finless) The stick will identify itself as a google TV device, but you can download any app from the store
                                • SPMC is pre-installed, as it was the best XBMC I found for the stick, it runs 1080p movies without a problem
                                • Very streamlined ROM, no watchdogs, no background running apps, but this also means you have to manually pair your gamepad
                                • init.d support
                                • XBMC permission fix (thanks to Ant)
                                • Many other small tweaks
                                • Remote IME support

How to install: (you will need a USB keyboard)

Copy the firmware to an SD card and put it in your gamestick.
                                Disconnect your gamestick from the USB power.
                                Using your fingernail (I use a paperclip) press downward on the little button besides the USB. Alternatively, if you can, install Quickboot, and reboot into Recovery
                                While still pressing the button, connect the USB power and wait around 5-10 seconds, you should see the recovery screen.
                                Select the second option, then Sdcard, finally select the FW
                                it will start installing, make sure you don't power off your gamestick until it finishes!
                                Reboot and you should be set, I recommend after the initial setup reboot your stick once again.

The risk of bricking is VERY small, but I guess its still possible so flash this with caution and do it under your own risk, I am not responsible if you brick your stick

You can always return to stock ROM the same way

And if you use this, please let me know if you find any problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dt4f77m4nw...igned.img?dl=0

Comment

Working...
                                X