Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

Originally posted by niabi View Post
    Yeah... But they haven't and won't, I sent them an email and I was basically told they do no have access to that, which is bs
    Maybe they need someone else to ask.

Comment

Where can I get the Original firmware to flash this back to stock I tried and it boot loops I tried yours and it boots right back to Recovery every single time

Comment

[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

You can download the old firmware off another post somewhere and it will upgrade you.

Comment

Originally posted by bsides View Post
          You can download the old firmware off another post somewhere and it will upgrade you.
          Tried that still boot loops. Anyone here have a link to a 100% working Rom to flash.

Comment

[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

You may have bricked it. There are some articles about it. Something about a hardware issue with the reset button being stuck and fried. There is a fix but it required delicate soldering.

Comment

Originally posted by Netto View Post
              Tried that still boot loops. Anyone here have a link to a 100% working Rom to flash.

The original ROM can be found on the Gamestick official forum as well as the developers rom. but I have flashed v1.4 a LOT of times (testing changes and fixes) and it has always flashed correctly.

also make sure the download is not corrupted, try downloading again?

but maybe the button is stuck? try opening your GameStick and see if the plastic was not pushing down on it.

Comment

You may have bricked it. There are some articles about it. Something about a hardware issue with the reset button being stuck and fried. There is a fix but it required delicate soldering.
                any link to that fix? it could come in handy later on

Comment

any link to that fix? it could come in handy later on
                  Clicked the reset button a few times left it unplugged all night turned it on this morning and it works. No clue what happened just glad its fine.

Comment

Re: [ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

Clicked the reset button a few times left it unplugged all night turned it on this morning and it works. No clue what happened just glad its fine.
                    I am guessing the reset button got stuck, glad it's working now

Comment

I am guessing the reset button got stuck, glad it's working now
                      Tried it this morning and now it wont power on. It must have been bad. Going to return it and try again.

Comment

Tried it this morning and now it wont power on. It must have been bad. Going to return it and try again.
                        can you try with another power supply? it should be at least 1000ma but a 1500ma or 2000ma would be better, also, try with another USB cable just for kicks.

some TV's have a usb port, try using that, if you have an Xbox 360 you can hook it up to the front USB and test it.

Comment

problem woth keyboard

I am having trouble connecting a keyboard to the gamestick. I have tried three different keyboards and none of them will connect using the provided y cable. I connect the standard usb end to the power adapter the micro end in the gamestick and the usb port attaches to the end of the usb cable coming from my keyboards. Any idea whats wrong or what I could try next? I thought about a powered hub but i don't think it provides enough power for the gamestick. I live in a small town so all I got is a few big box stores to get supplies from. Aggravating!!!!

Comment

[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

I use the cheapest one I can get at Walmart.

Comment

I use the cheapest one I can get at Walmart.
                              thats the problem I'm not really sure what i need lol. They dont have a wiring harness like the gamestick has. Using a powered hub it will only output 500mah so that wouldn't have enough power. So I would have to use the included power brick and they don't have a y splitter or a usb to mini adapter

Comment

Originally posted by joemegahertz View Post
                                thats the problem I'm not really sure what i need lol. They dont have a wiring harness like the gamestick has. Using a powered hub it will only output 500mah so that wouldn't have enough power. So I would have to use the included power brick and they don't have a y splitter or a usb to mini adapter
                                well I use a USB hub with no extra power, and it can handle my Xbox 360 controller + a flymouse keyboard, but I also use the Xbox 360 as my power supply :P connected to the front USB

Comment

Working...
                                X