Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3 :)

Here is the CFW for the PlayJam Gamestick

Please keep in mind that I put this rom together for my personal use, so you might not agree with the settings or the apps (very few) I have pre-installed, but lucky for you, you can modify/uninstall all of them with ease

a few features:
    • Xbox 360/Ps3 controller support, modules compiled by me, I've tried the Xbox wired and wireless (with the USB adapter)
    • GAPPS pre-installed
    • build.prop tweaks (thanks to Finless) The stick will identify itself as a google TV device, but you can download any app from the store
    • SPMC is pre-installed, as it was the best XBMC I found for the stick, it runs 1080p movies without a problem
    • Very streamlined ROM, no watchdogs, no background running apps, but this also means you have to manually pair your gamepad
    • init.d support
    • XBMC permission fix (thanks to Ant)
    • Many other small tweaks
    • Remote IME support

How to install: (you will need a USB keyboard)

Copy the firmware to an SD card and put it in your gamestick.
    Disconnect your gamestick from the USB power.
    Using your fingernail (I use a paperclip) press downward on the little button besides the USB. Alternatively, if you can, install Quickboot, and reboot into Recovery
    While still pressing the button, connect the USB power and wait around 5-10 seconds, you should see the recovery screen.
    Select the second option, then Sdcard, finally select the FW
    it will start installing, make sure you don't power off your gamestick until it finishes!
    Reboot and you should be set, I recommend after the initial setup reboot your stick once again.

The risk of bricking is VERY small, but I guess its still possible so flash this with caution and do it under your own risk, I am not responsible if you brick your stick

You can always return to stock ROM the same way

And if you use this, please let me know if you find any problems.

Last edited by niabi; 09-17-2014, 04:50.

Just asking why this is posted in the TV player area and not in the gaming devices area?
    Something I am missing?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Well the only "gaming" part that remains is the name, other than that its more like an ATV120 stick.

but feel free to move it if necessary

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Just asking why this is posted in the TV player area and not in the gaming devices area?
      Something I am missing?

Bob

Comment

Nice work on the release mate.
        Hope you get some testers and feedback soon.

PS thanx for the mention
        Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
        Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post
          Here is the CFW for the PlayJam Gamestick

Please keep in mind that I put this rom together for my personal use, so you might not agree with the settings or the apps (very few) I have pre-installed, but lucky for you, you can modify/uninstall all of them with ease

a few features:
          • Xbox 360/Ps3 controller support, modules compiled by me, I've tried the Xbox wired and wireless (with the USB adapter)
          • GAPPS pre-installed
          • build.prop tweaks (thanks to Finless) The stick will identify itself as a google TV device, but you can download any app from the store
          • SPMC is pre-installed, as it was the best XBMC I found for the stick, it runs 1080p movies without a problem
          • Very streamlined ROM, no watchdogs, no background running apps, but this also means you have to manually pair your gamepad
          • init.d support
          • XBMC permission fix (thanks to Ant)
          • Many other small tweaks

flash this with caution and do it under your own risk, I am not responsible if you brick your stick

And if you use this, please let me know if you find any problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dt4f77m4nw...igned.img?dl=0
          Everything include the instruciones Como hacerlo good job niabi
          I just bought and its no bad piece of hardware

Comment

updated with instructions

Originally posted by leafar View Post
            Everything include the instruciones Como hacerlo good job niabi
            I just bought and its no bad piece of hardware

Comment

Just got mine in the mail for $20.
              Awesome price for a dual core android stick.
              Played around with it and now can't wait to put this on it and use it as a standard TV stick/Mame device.
              I'll have to pick up a spare microsd over the weekend and give it a try.

Thanks.

Edit:
              I'm guessing I need to plug the game stick into a powered hub in order to use the keyboard?
              Last edited by nitrogen_widget; 09-19-2014, 01:15.

Comment

nice piece of hardware

Thanks Niabi
                For $20 device with Bluetooth control its freaking nice, the only thing I have to open the device for the reset button.
                With Bluetooth control , I play two games the riptide, soul calibur and the Bluetooth control respond pretty well.
                The GPU the video its not good, but no complaints
                Good job man

Comment

I just used the keyboard on the y connector included

Comment

The button is accessible without opening, it's kind of hard to press but use a small paperclip, and push downwards, no inside

Comment

Oh good.
                      I was wondering if the power adaptor worked as a hub.

what about the gamestick controller, will that work with this rom?

Thanks again.

Originally posted by niabi View Post
                      I just used the keyboard on the y connector included

Comment

Re: [ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

Originally posted by nitrogen_widget View Post
                        Oh good.
                        I was wondering if the power adaptor worked as a hub.

what about the gamestick controller, will that work with this rom?

Thanks again.
                        Yes it will, but you need to pair it manually in Bluetooth settings

Comment

This appears to be working marvelously.
                          My only issue was I had to take the case off the gamestick because the button wasn't hitting the reset switch for some reason.
                          So once I was able to hit the button everything went smoothly.

I had an IpazzPort mini keyboard & touch pad I wasn't using that I paired up.
                          The game pad paired up also just fine.

I'm definetly buying another gamestick & doing this again.

Comment

that damn reset button is hard to press :S I have no idea wy they did it like that.

I am glad you are liking it

Wish I lived in the US, at $20, I would buy 5 :P (which is what my ATV120 cost me :S )

Originally posted by nitrogen_widget View Post
                            This appears to be working marvelously.
                            My only issue was I had to take the case off the gamestick because the button wasn't hitting the reset switch for some reason.
                            So once I was able to hit the button everything went smoothly.

I had an IpazzPort mini keyboard & touch pad I wasn't using that I paired up.
                            The game pad paired up also just fine.

I'm definetly buying another gamestick & doing this again.
                            Last edited by niabi; 09-21-2014, 09:06.

Comment

only an idea
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                              X