[Pipo-Project] M7Pro kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16b:
    upon cold boot, BT is off but turns on automatically when you enter the setings screen; and then it seems at least able to detect surrounding phones,
    but if you turn it off, it cannot then be turned back on anymore, unless you do a complete power cycle (simple reboot will not do the job)
    And usb audio does not work, the last kernel in which it had worked was 1.32.7.
    Last edited by raxy; 04-16-2015, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
      TriA, in the past, I've noticed that in my car, GPS was working correctly but as soon as I connected the tablet to a power supply, GPS was then unable to get correct locations anymore !
      Maybe a dmesg dump done just after you wake your tablet up could help us see some eventual signs ?!
      I think the cause is high sensitivity of GPS module (or antenna) to interference from other electonic components.
      GPS module is up and running, it just can't hear any satellite.
      Is there something like "PWM frequency", related to screen backlight, in the kernel source?
      Some change in that frequency may help to fix the problem.

16b:
      upon cold boot, BT is off but turns on automatically when you enter the setings screen; and then it seems at least able to detect surrounding phones,
      but if you turn it off, it cannot then be turned back on anymore, unless you do a complete power cycle (simple reboot will not do the job)
      I observe slightly different behavior:
      BT works ok after power cycle, it remembers its on/off state over the power cycle, and it can be turned off and on as many times as I want.
      But if I reboot the tablet, then BT is not responding at all.

Comment

One more thing:
        Battery life during sleep is very short with this kernel, see the screenshot.
        BT and GPS are turned off, no 3G module (Wi-Fi version tablet)
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

One more...
          No power on OTG USB

Comment

I vote for restarting from 1.32.7 and fork an m7pro branch from there

Comment

I vote for restarting from 1.32.7 and fork an m7pro branch from there
              Feel free
              Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

last time I have looked at the git repo, I did not find how to identify and extract 1.32.7 exactly... any clue ?

Comment

last time I have looked at the git repo, I did not find how to identify and extract 1.32.7 exactly... any clue ?

I should have used labels but if you look for compile date and then get the last commit date before. Working on a branch is fine.

Going forward the code base is now pretty much standardised, I ran out of time to re-implement everything for the M7 before the end of my holiday and I realise no-one else is competent to work with me so this will only move on with my involvement.However, the M9 Pro, M8HD, M9 Pro and M6 pro can all be generated from the same code base with just config changes which is a great step forward and something Pipo should have insisted on. If I had devices to test on it would be done inside the week!

I have got my hands on a very broken M9 Max and so this should be added to the mix soon.

Donate to Finless

Comment

OK,tks, will try to continue your work.

Comment

Thanks for your help D33...this has been an interesting two weeks....as always, glad to have you back at least for a little while. Hopefully you can return someday soon with some more of your magic.
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

I just need an M7 to test on. I have found a broken M9 Max and working M6Pro

Donate to Finless

Comment

I have created a fully working M6Pro kernel so I thought I'd re-build using the M7Pro config to see if the M6Pro changes have had an impact. Let me know.

v1.32.17

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by TriA View Post
                            Is there something like "PWM frequency", related to screen backlight, in the kernel source?
                            Some change in that frequency may help to fix the problem.

No power on OTG USB
                            PWM - Yes, there are. I didn't realise that is what it meant. I can vary it. Let me know if .17 is a stable base.

The code comes from the RK29 backlight device and PWM ID & PWM Mode is always set to 3. The only variant is in PWM effect which is set to 0 for the M6Pro and M7Pro but 1 for everything else.

OTG - I need to understand what controls power here. Once we have stable build I will produce variants to get this sorted.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post

PWM - Yes, there are. I didn't realise that is what it meant. I can vary it. Let me know if .17 is a stable base.

The code comes from the RK29 backlight device and PWM ID & PWM Mode is always set to 3. The only variant is in PWM effect which is set to 0 for the M6Pro and M7Pro but 1 for everything else.

OTG - I need to understand what controls power here. Once we have stable build I will produce variants to get this sorted.
                              Hi D33

For my first post here as M7 Pro User, let me thank you, and all other developers for you excellent work.

About your .17, i can't use it easily as the touchscrren doesn't work
                              I plugged a USB mouse, GPS doesnt seem to work, and i can't get bluetooth on.
                              Last edited by cedbor; 05-16-2015, 19:09.

Comment

I shut tablet down, then restarted it later.
                                Bluetooth is on, but can't transfer any file, from and to the tablet.
                                GPS still doesnt seem to work, as the touchscreen.
                                Syslog app gave me that:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X