[Pipo-Project] M7Pro kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tks Dee,
    now git cloning 1.32.2 sources and try to start from there for a complete ROM.
    C source fixing needed your talent as they were too tricky for new devs like me.

Comment

I just tried 1.32.2 on my stock/original M7P...everything works great!!!!!
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

You're welcome
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Oh, yeah....THANKS!!!!!
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Easter​ time miracle...

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              Wait,
              When I change the backlight intensity, as soon as I reach some low value, then the screen goes into full darkness and is never able to return to normal brightness anymore.
              Had to reflash !! to regain control and luminosity.
              Second time, I retested again and moved even more carefully the slider, but same thing happened again.
              So had to reflash again to exit the lethal trap.

Please double check that Randy and tigray !

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
                Wait,
                When I change the backlight intensity, as soon as I reach some low value, then the screen goes into full darkness and is never able to return to normal brightness anymore.
                Had to reflash !! to regain control and luminosity.
                Second time, I retested again and moved even more carefully the slider, but same thing happened again.
                So had to reflash again to exit the lethal trap.

Please double check that Randy and tigray !
                Hi Raxy, You are right about the backlight intensity making the screen going into full darkness. I got caught out once and had to reflash, now I am very careful when adjusting the backlight intensity control.

Comment

I'm able to change screen brightness with no problem at all.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by tgray View Post

Hi Raxy, You are right about the backlight intensity making the screen going into full darkness. I got caught out once and had to reflash, now I am very careful when adjusting the backlight intensity control.
                    I have a good news for you and me,
                    I fixed the issue (source mod + rebuild + reflash) and I am now able to go all the way down to a very low brightness without loosing control anymore.

The other area of attention is now the auto brightness : on my tablet apart from blinking its blue indicator then keep it turned off without any effect on ambient light controlling screen brightness.

stay tuned and I will publish my current kernel for you to verify in the next hour or so...
                    tks tgray!

Comment

tgray : here is the fix (unzip then flash to replace your dee 1.32.2 kernel)....
                      https://mega.co.nz/#!V0gDCJYZ!8Gku04...yO-W6rxOGK4YG8
                      test & enjoy !i

Comment

one thing does not work on my m7pro:
                        upon insertion of an aureon dual USB audio dongle,
                        the latter does not switch on ( it has a toslink out socket which is my visual clue when it is on)
                        and dmesg shows nothing at all...
                        weird!
                        still need some polishing before prime time...

Comment

tgray : here is the fix (unzip then flash to replace your dee 1.32.2 kernel)....
                          https://mega.co.nz/#!V0gDCJYZ!8Gku04...yO-W6rxOGK4YG8
                          test & enjoy !i
                          Hi Raxy, The fix works great for the brightness. The auto brightness works too. I have retested the GPS, camera, etc. and they still work. I have also tested the USB (before and after). Before reflashing it seemed that the USB port had no power but after flashing your kernel the USB port now has power.

Comment

tgray,
                            do you test the kernel with the android from rrileyrom 3.4 ? or another ROM ?
                            I test with the YetAnotherRom 4.4.4 remixed by randy so that could make the kernel behave differently on USB and auto brightness.
                            Randy, how do you test exactly pliz ?

Comment

my bad, my very bad !
                              in fact, I was fooled by my extra power y otg cable I did not connect to a power supply when testing the USB audio dongle.

so full credits to d33 as the kernel handles USB audio power, hotplug and even volume control correctly as far as I have tested.

hooray !!!

Comment

tgray,
                                do you test the kernel with the android from rrileyrom 3.4 ? or another ROM ?
                                I test with the YetAnotherRom 4.4.4 remixed by randy so that could make the kernel behave differently on USB and auto brightness.
                                Randy, how do you test exactly pliz ?
                                Raxy, I am currently testing with rileyrom 3.4.2. Would you like me to test with Randy's 4.4.4 rom?

Comment

Working...
                                X