Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still a no go on BT or GPS.

I'm running my last ROM.

Let me put together a test ROM using the M8HD system and see if that makes a difference.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
      ... and the GPS / BT?

v1.31

touch screen OK

Comment

I've flashed 1.31 with the M8HD ROM (which is our base).

It boots OK, wifi works, bluetooth doesn't work, the only option for location is battery saving mode...and GPS isn't an option to activate.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I've flashed 1.31 with the M8HD ROM (which is our base).

It boots OK, wifi works, bluetooth doesn't work, the only option for location is battery saving mode...and GPS isn't an option to activate.
          The M8HD rom is build without GPS options, need to rebuild one with it or maybe just try to modify in build prop : ro.factory.hasGPS=true

I have made an overclock kernel : kernel_M7PRO_1.31_cpu1704_low_gpu600_ddr720

because my particular tablet is not stable with standard value !

Comment

I'll have to check, but I think I already did that.

I haven't heard from Colin whether he received the other sources.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

It looks like we will need to use the M7 Pro SDK, when we get it, for this ROM...otherwise I'm going to have to changes a bunch of settings options.

Overall, though this combination works pretty well. I usually use neither bluetooth or GPS...but it's a "must have" feature.

I will flash back to the RileyROM so I can further test bluetooth and GPS until we get it working in the kernel.

Good work, guys!!!!!!!!
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

It looks like we will need to use the M7 Pro SDK, when we get it, for this ROM...otherwise I'm going to have to changes a bunch of settings options.

Overall, though this combination works pretty well. I usually use neither bluetooth or GPS...but it's a "must have" feature.

I will flash back to the RileyROM so I can further test bluetooth and GPS until we get it working in the kernel.

Good work, guys!!!!!!!!
                Randy,

When we build ROMs from the SDK we have conditional options. We also have specific scripts that adjust the built image post-compile.

There is absolutely no need for multiple copies of the same SDK. What we need is to centralise all the various minor variations and script post-compile to get the right ROM for each hardware package.

We need the individual huge multi-gigabyte SDK variants just to copy out the 10-150 variants in code!

Rockchip appear to have been massively ineeficient in the way they supported Pipo by creating a variant of their SDK for each model. Really, Really lazy!
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

OK. The M8HD ROM just doesn't have what we need.

My last RileyROM has all of the settings for GPS and Bluetooth and they both work from the stock ROM.

I'm ready to test again.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

[Pipo-Project] M7Pro kernel

OK. The M8HD ROM just doesn't have what we need.

My last RileyROM has all of the settings for GPS and Bluetooth and they both work from the stock ROM.

I'm ready to test again.
                    ... From the stock kernel?

I'm heading to bed and so I await suggestion on what to amend.

Stock GPIOs would be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

Yes, I flashed back to the stock kernel and tested Bluetooth.

It's cloudy and freezing outside...and I'm in a building with a metal roof...so GPS testing isn't going very well today.

Goodnight!!!!!
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

AW: [Pipo-Project] M7Pro kernel

Originally posted by stevejc View Post

For Epic Citadel (app fo graphic benchmark) all kitkat Rom has got the same reduced FPS (M8HD too)

it seems blocked to 30 FPS. (43 in JB)

I think it's due to rockchip 2.0 SDK used in JB (multi windows) maybe not in Kitkat
                        ?? That means?

Comment

i noticed that 1.31 has inverted display brightness...

pull trigger left makes it brighter until screen goes off(?)
                          pull trigger right makes it darker until screen goes off....

Comment

[Pipo-Project] M7Pro kernel

Originally posted by herrjemineh View Post
                            i noticed that 1.31 has inverted display brightness...

pull trigger left makes it brighter until screen goes off(?)
                            pull trigger right makes it darker until screen goes off....
                            How odd. It works fine on M8HD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

and its not very sensitive though...

its changing from very bright to very dark by pulling the trigger from 20% left to 20% right, after this, no matter right or left, screen goes off

by the way, here is the dmesg.log

dmesg-m7pro.zip

Comment

Darrell, have you had a chance to look at the FTP? I think those kernel sources are finished uploading.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X