• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
    Same for me on my modified tablet
    So something is wrong either with the source or the .img

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Yes, I flashed back to the stock kernel and tested Bluetooth.

It's cloudy and freezing outside...and I'm in a building with a metal roof...so GPS testing isn't going very well today.

Goodnight!!!!!
      Hi,
      It's me or you did not updated us on how GPS and BT go with 1.31 kernel and your latest ROM known to have BT and GPS fully functional ?
      Tks

Comment

pipo m7p sdk

"Stripped" pipo sdk now deployed on my kernel machine,
        Next steps are check, config and build...

stevejc, have you got plans for using this SDK ?

Or is dee's 1.31 a more promising starting point ?
        Last edited by raxy; 01-26-2015, 21:58.

Comment

not happy with stripped M7P SDK tree content for now,
          make kernel.img spits java.mk related errors seeming weird at that point.
          Code:
           [I]build/core/[URL="http://java.mk:23/"]java.mk:23[/URL]: *** cts/apps/CtsVerifier: Invalid LOCAL_SDK_VERSION 'current' Choices are: .  Stop.[/I]
          But as no other (active) dev here seems to have deployed same kernel tree in their linux, I have to search where I can.

Comment

Do you think the problem is from the corrupted archive we started with on that SDK? Or was D33 able to extract the files...just not configured properly by Rockchip?

This was supposed to be the last known working SDK for the M7 Pro. We must have gotten some sort of test set of configs that don't work.

At least the kernel we had that was based on the M8HD sources booted (for me, anyway).
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

iirc, dee had said he had built a kernel from pipo m7P SDK,
              don't remember the version number he gave it, seems that your riley said it was ok, no ?

edit:
              it was in post 222, and it does not boot,
              at least he managed to build it...

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
                "Stripped" pipo sdk now deployed on my kernel machine,
                Next steps are check, config and build...

stevejc, have you got plans for using this SDK ?

Or is dee's 1.31 a more promising starting point ?
                Hi, I have few free time till march but I will try soon to build it to see

Comment

D33 had a kernel that booted on the stock M7 Pro, but not on Steve's tablet with the modified touch panel.

We never could get bluetooth or GPS to work on his kernel...but I confirmed they worked on mine with the stock kernel.

There were several versions he posted...trying to get Steve's touch panel to work.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
                    not happy with stripped M7P SDK tree content for now,
                    make kernel.img spits java.mk related errors seeming weird at that point.
                    Code:
                     [I]build/core/[URL="http://java.mk:23/"]java.mk:23[/URL]: *** cts/apps/CtsVerifier: Invalid LOCAL_SDK_VERSION 'current' Choices are: .  Stop.[/I]
                    But as no other (active) dev here seems to have deployed same kernel tree in their linux, I have to search where I can.
                    I uploaded the m7pro / m9pro SDKs without .git & prebuilts. Without prebuilts it won't compile. Use the M8HD ones.
                    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

I managed to build kernel.IMG from dee's stripped tree (from pipo's m7p SDK tree)
                      Completed with .repo and prebuilts from the m8hd SDK.

But I also noticed that there was a 2014 kernel.IMG file in that stripped tree,
                      As with the m9sdk , maybe randy could try to cook a ROM from it !?
                      I am waiting for neomode to give me ftp upload passwd,
                      Else I will make it available elsewhere

Comment

here is my very first kernel.img for the fearless testers:
                        https://mega.co.nz/#!stQkjLxa!Mbmv9B_f4q4DnBUxhOYXsM933Z9uYiCZ8HVe6TNWgiA

please report but be cautious and be prepared to reflash a known and working kernel, just in case.

Comment

this one does not boot

At least on my tablet,
                          But it is not a surprise, same sources used by d33 did not produce booting kernel, makes me wonder what rockchip or pipo really did with them before sending to us...

Idea to get back on proven track:
                          Use .config extracted from Dee's 1.31 kernel.IMG to rebuild on these sources and see how we are...

Any other idea anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            D33 had a kernel that booted on the stock M7 Pro, but not on Steve's tablet with the modified touch panel.

We never could get bluetooth or GPS to work on his kernel...but I confirmed they worked on mine with the stock kernel.

There were several versions he posted...trying to get Steve's touch panel to work.
                            Hi,
                            I've just managed to rebuild his 1.31 kernel from his git source tree and boot my m7p using RR2.7 firmware with it.
                            Issues :
                            • wifi activation does nothing (new, afaik)
                            • brightness control is mangled (someone has already reported that)
                            • bt activation does nothing (known ?)

GPS not tested but we know it fails

Comparing .config files from him and stripped source tree from pipo show many differences;
                            I do not know if trying to combine best of both world is the way to go or not....

ANy opinion on that ?

Comment

here it is !
                              Attached Files

Comment

Good job. I can't test it tonight...I will try tomorrow.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X