No announcement yet.

OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried them all as well as some of the Android Builds but the Box will not take any flash that I have attempted as yet! With the Boot and Root Locked no flashimg is possible! As far as I have determined at this point! All 3 Boxes have the same result!

Comment

I have s82b box and made update with latest openelec fw from Kerber v5.95.2 (this one: http://amlinux.ru/image/5.95.2/OpenE...5.2-update.zip)...

This version finally works great with 1080/24Hz without any stuttering. Great job!

BUT, 2 bugs here:

1. It's not possible to shutdown device. Only suspend. Shutdown option is restarting a device.
      2. There's no option for not using Hardware decoding for SD videos (like in previous versions). I have some old SD videos whish is completely unwatchable with HW decoding (amcodec) on.

Also, is here someone with the problem of loosing video signal sometimes after watching 1080/50Hz videos (when press stop)? It happend to me occasionally together with unabling to wake up from suspend mode. Led turns blue, but there's no signal. After that happened I have to force shutdown the device with power on/off key on device and turn on the device again. It could be something connected to my TV (Panasonic plasma) and HDMI cable (I tried 3 of them with the same result). Maybe there's not enough power (+5V) on HDMI port coming from my TV, so maybe something like external power is needed: (something like this maybe, http://www.****.com/itm/HDMI-Male-To...item19f99ee808)

So, anyone with experience, please...

Comment

Hey Thank you for all your suggestion!!! So far no go!!! I installed the Root Checker App and it shows No Access to the Root or Boot!!! So all the latest Mx3 2/8 have the newest version of Android 4.4 and above and are locked out and not Flashable....I checked on Google and it is confirmed they have now locked out the root and boot on all their devices!!! I know that for the Phones they have software to unlock but not for the Boxes!!!

Comment

Hello! This is my first post, i´m not very familiar with tech but i can manage to do some stuff after reading a bit, mostly as user. So be gentle if i ask something stupid becouse im less then a noob.

I managed to flash with a little help from a friend the image 5.0.8 (S82) of openelec with kodi helix on my mxiii 2g (rooted), i have formated an sd card extracted the rar and pasted the files on the SD, was trying to flash it on recovery with a toothpick but couldn´t do it so i installed an app quickreboot and rebooted on recovery and i did it, thanks to that tip now i have installed openelec on my mxii.

Everything i use on kodi, the addons work fine, but i have a big problem that i didn´t have with android, now i can´t watch movies with DTS sound, i have no DTS audio wich i had with android.

I put the audio settings by passthrough, (M8...HDMI) and checked all the types of sound format wich my home cinema connected to my tv, wich is connected to the mxiii reads and plays, but i managed to figure out that when the movie as DTS audio track, i have no sound.

Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this, is it a bug or it can be solved? I would appreciate very much your help concerning this problem.

I searched the thread and no one as talked about anything similar.

thanks for your help in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Norin View Post
            Hello! This is my first post, i´m not very familiar with tech but i can manage to do some stuff after reading a bit, mostly as user. So be gentle if i ask something stupid becouse im less then a noob.

I managed to flash with a little help from a friend the image 5.0.8 (S82) of openelec with kodi helix on my mxiii 2g (rooted), i have formated an sd card extracted the rar and pasted the files on the SD, was trying to flash it on recovery with a toothpick but couldn´t do it so i installed an app quickreboot and rebooted on recovery and i did it, thanks to that tip now i have installed openelec on my mxii.

Everything i use on kodi, the addons work fine, but i have a big problem that i didn´t have with android, now i can´t watch movies with DTS sound, i have no DTS audio wich i had with android.

I put the audio settings by passthrough, (M8...HDMI) and checked all the types of sound format wich my home cinema connected to my tv, wich is connected to the mxiii reads and plays, but i managed to figure out that when the movie as DTS audio track, i have no sound.

Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this, is it a bug or it can be solved? I would appreciate very much your help concerning this problem.

I searched the thread and no one as talked about anything similar.

thanks for your help in advance.
            First off... You probably need to change the XBMC/Kodi Setting's Mode from Basic, to Expert.
            Seocndly you'll then need to reenter System (Settings) -> System -> Audio Output, and check that both the "Number of Channels" is greater then 2.0 (e.g. Stereo), and that enable Passthough is also set.
            Depending on whichever XBMC/kodi you might have a slight different set of options. But, flipping the enable passthough, plus the assorted DD5.1 + DTS Flags should be enough to allow it to passthough a raw signal to a decoder.

Note that Players like MX... That only ever had Software Decode... Were NEVER IN DTS / DD5.1 to begin with... As they've stated time, and time again that Android has no standard Multi-Channel out above Stereo. And, everything it ever played... under DTS, or DD5.1 was downgraded to simple 2.0 Stereo. So you will need an AV Decoder via Tosslink, or HDMI.

Thus why IIRC... (I'm NOT in front of my MXIII at the moment!),. One of the options here is about DD5.1 transcription. I think... Again IIRC, those like me who use the Tosslink, have to turn this on... While those using HDMI, do not. It should be in the Audio - Expert Settings... If its not in your "build" then don't pay me any mind. It should be enough that you have Enable Passthrough set.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

First off... You probably need to change the XBMC/Kodi Setting's Mode from Basic, to Expert.
              Seocndly you'll then need to reenter System (Settings) -> System -> Audio Output, and check that both the "Number of Channels" is greater then 2.0 (e.g. Stereo), and that enable Passthough is also set.
              Depending on whichever XBMC/kodi you might have a slight different set of options. But, flipping the enable passthough, plus the assorted DD5.1 + DTS Flags should be enough to allow it to passthough a raw signal to a decoder.

Note that Players like MX... That only ever had Software Decode... Were NEVER IN DTS / DD5.1 to begin with... As they've stated time, and time again that Android has no standard Multi-Channel out above Stereo. And, everything it ever played... under DTS, or DD5.1 was downgraded to simple 2.0 Stereo. So you will need an AV Decoder via Tosslink, or HDMI.

Thus why IIRC... (I'm NOT in front of my MXIII at the moment!),. One of the options here is about DD5.1 transcription. I think... Again IIRC, those like me who use the Tosslink, have to turn this on... While those using HDMI, do not. It should be in the Audio - Expert Settings... If its not in your "build" then don't pay me any mind. It should be enough that you have Enable Passthrough set.

Thank you for your reply.

I have set my audio output as AML-M8Audio,HDMI and i have it on advanced settings, with 2.1 number of channels, enabled audio passthrough and enabled AC3, E-AC3, DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD... maybe the problem is that i have an LG TV and a Sony Home Cinema, so to connect the TV to the Home Cinema i have an HDMI and becouse they are from different brands i have to have an optical cable SPDIF for the sound to pass, i assume this is the tosslink... my home cinema reads and plays dolby and dts... maybe on android i didn´t have it properly configured but i had some sort of sound, now i don´t have any on DTS format i just can only have sound on in it if its on analog... even i enabling the passtrough and all of the formats i cannot read dts, theres no audio.

Comment

If your trying to pass your sound from mxiii to tv to home cinema than your problem is probably that your tv can't passthrough DTS sound. Try to connect toslink directly to home cinema system from your box.

If it's already connected that way you have to play a bit with the settings. Something must be wrong. And just enable DTS and AC3. The other formats are probably don't supported by your home cinema. And don't enable stereo upmix. I also had problems with this setting.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                  If your trying to pass your sound from mxiii to tv to home cinema than your problem is probably that your tv can't passthrough DTS sound. Try to connect toslink directly to home cinema system from your box.

If it's already connected that way you have to play a bit with the settings. Something must be wrong. And just enable DTS and AC3. The other formats are probably don't supported by your home cinema. And don't enable stereo upmix. I also had problems with this setting.

I think that is it... my tv hasn´t got the DTS audio codec, i checked now on the manual... but my home cinema has it...

I did what you say and it works fine i deattached the optical cable from the tv and attached it to the mxiii and now i have sound, the bummer is that now i can´t reproduce sound from the tv on the home cinema becouse it has only one plug for spdif but that is no issue.

Problem solved, now i can enjoy my movies, thank you very much for the help.

Comment

I think you can connect your tv with analog cinch cable. I'm sure your home cinema got another input source.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                      I think you can connect your tv with analog cinch cable. I'm sure your home cinema got another input source.

Yes i have rca input, but i read something about hdmi and sound just being delivered in digital mode if it had the optical cable connected, becouse they are different brands, but that is an option... but i really just turn on the homecinema to watch movies, series or listen to music so i don´t mind at all not having sound from the tv on the home cinema. Thanks very much Mike, but i will try what you propose anyway.

What would be super was having openelec with a stable isengard, but i will wait a little bit longer, openelec with helix is running great for me.

Would like to try games with retroarch and openelec but i have to look and read a bit more about it to figure out how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Norin View Post

Thank you for your reply.

I have set my audio output as AML-M8Audio,HDMI and i have it on advanced settings, with 2.1 number of channels, enabled audio passthrough and enabled AC3, E-AC3, DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD... maybe the problem is that i have an LG TV and a Sony Home Cinema, so to connect the TV to the Home Cinema i have an HDMI and becouse they are from different brands i have to have an optical cable SPDIF for the sound to pass, i assume this is the tosslink... my home cinema reads and plays dolby and dts... maybe on android i didn´t have it properly configured but i had some sort of sound, now i don´t have any on DTS format i just can only have sound on in it if its on analog... even i enabling the passtrough and all of the formats i cannot read dts, theres no audio.
                        One I'm less confident that Kodi (By proxy of the S82), is even capable of passing though a RAW DTS-HD MA, or Dolby True HD, in the first place
                        Secondly I'm a bit more sure that these Formats, require you to use an HDMI Cable... THANKS DRM! in order to even pass such signals through. A Tosslink Cable is NOT going to cut it I'm afraid.

Third.. I can't say that I'm actually aware of any soft decoder(s) for DD.51/DTS ~ DT.HD/DTS-HD-MA.on Android. Not even the mighty MX Player. Before it was neutered. Was actually really able to do this. IIRC it was, and IS only capable to decode such formats into 2Ch Stereo. Something that was always in the MX README File(s). Had you cared to actually read 'em. So if you don't have a proper AV Decoder (Eventually with the correct number of Speakers!), I fail to personally see how you could reasonably expect this to work.

Though its cold comfort, and unfortunately, am unable to report on the state of such next-get audio Formats, I can say that both DTS, and DD7.1 (EX)... Are working flawlessly on my MXIII, Tosslink - Passthough set. But, then I am using an external Decoder Amp & Speaker set here.

You also have to use the correct number of Speakers... Running 2.1 (Stereo + Bass)... Will cause everything to fall back to that level. Should you have a 7.1 System in place... You would have to set Kodi up to use that. If you are just using the stock Speakers on your TV... Then why are you even concerning yourself about this? The effort it seems to me would be wasted!

The hook up should be simple enough.... HDMI Out [S82/MXIII etc...] -> Input AV Decoder -> AV Decoder Out [HDMI] -> TV... Why your TV should be incompatible with such a setup is, too me beyond reason. HDMI is a backwards compatible system. and, neither DT-HD, or DTS-HD MA just fell of the back of the Pumpkin Wagon. So even if your TV were that old. It should have still worked... Assuming of course that the actual AV Decoder was up to the task, of actually decoding the RAW Signals. Since the Decoder should also be pulling double duty as the Amp... The Audio Signal(s), should in theory also die their too. i.e. Next Stop Speaker Chain. where then then only the Video Signal then gets passed on to the TV.

But, having dealt with some of these weirdo Yamaha AV Amps in my time.. I never quite managed to workout how the Speakers went on as there were only Four Hookups, plus some additional hooks ups for whatever? Plus the One for the Bass. I grant you its not nearly as simple to get one of these Systems going.
                        Last edited by Ichijoe; 07-15-2015, 21:33.

Comment

I think you misunderstood some points, Ichijoe.
                          I guess he is using a 2.1 home cinema system. So he sets 2.1 in kodi settings. But these are only for audio transcoding. Since he use passthrough it doesn't make any difference. Then the downsampling is done by the home cinema system itself.
                          My S82 was capable of software decoding DTS-HD 7.1. But I have to look for right settings in audio transcoding to get the best sound. I didn't test other formats yet.
                          Most of older or cheaper TVs don't support DTS, not only decoding also passthrough. AND most of these TVs only pass through AC3 2.0 even if source is AC3 5.1. So I guess the TV is capable of audio transcoding even digital to analog. So it shouldn't be a problem to use RCA.
                          Last edited by MikeD; 07-16-2015, 11:47.

Comment

Did someone get version 5.0.8 or 5.95.2 working correctly on a S82/S89?
                            With 5.0.8 core 4 was utilizing 100% the whole time and with 5.92.2 the image while watching movies stopped from time to time but the sound went on. So I am still with 5.0.6 and its working fine.

Comment

If possible, can we see builds for the MXIII-G (S812 2GB)? Thanks.
                              Edit: OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.6 seems to boot fully. Memory only shows 1GB. Dont think lan is working fully. Shows 2.4ghz/5Ghz wifi.
                              Last edited by Takenover83; 08-05-2015, 15:00.

Comment

Did Soemeone try version 5.95.3 from alinux.ru already?

Comment

Working...
                                X