OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    All those images from target folder are test builds. Some may work more or less. But for stable releases you have to wait until developer puts the final images to amlinux.ru/image.
    e123enitan I think best is you use OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S82-5.95.1-update.zip for updating in recovery. Only this way you also updating system and kernel if there were made any changes in new version.
    Thanks Mike, so where could I get stable release for 5.0.8, appreciate your response.

Comment

Read my post again. It's written there

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
        Read my post again. It's written there
        Thanks Mike I found it.

Comment

Wanted to try this on my Tronsmart S89 Standard. Link in the OP seems dead.

Anyone have a mirror?

Comment

Originally posted by jae View Post
            Wanted to try this on my Tronsmart S89 Standard. Link in the OP seems dead.

Anyone have a mirror?

You have to download from amlinux.ru/image now

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post

You have to download from amlinux.ru/image now
              You forgot the /image bit its http://www.amlinux.ru/image

Comment

Hey guys, tried this on a M82 1gb box but it just keeps resetting, Ive tried the otg recovery and card recovery with same results, any ideas? thanks in advance.

Comment

Has anyone had any luck with the latest Openelec builds? The last one I could successfully flash was 5.0.6. 5.0.8 appears to flash successfully, a google tv logo displays and then the screen goes black forever. The latest, 5.95.2, also appears to flash successfully. It boots and then shows the Openelec logo, but then it drops me down to a console with the message "sh: can't access tty; job control turned off" in the upper left corner. Ive tried flashing/redownloading both many many times. Ive tried different versions of recovery including the one that comes with finless 2.1. Ive tried installing with the tar file. No luck. Very frustrating. argghh

BTW, I have a Tronsmart s89
                  Last edited by derzahla; 07-07-2015, 00:34.

Comment

On my S89 Vega I was on RemiX115k4 ROM (with TWRP recovery, maybe reason), and I flashed last WE openELEC 5.95.2 without problems from SD-card.
                    And it runs very fine, so I will stay on there. No trouble with crappy Android anymore..

Comment

Hmm. Do you mean the WeTEK edition? I tried flashing RemiX115k4 first and then openELEC 5.95.2 wetek. Thisactually bricked my device. Had to use my wifes chinese windows laptop to flash it back to stock over USB. Then tried flashing http://amlinux.ru/image/5.95.2/OpenE...5.2-update.zip, same error at boot. Now im back on 5.0.6. This is crazy.

Comment

can some one link or point me in the right direction for a model to install the openelec setup on that has a AU plug on it
                        Last edited by DionP; 07-08-2015, 07:41.

Comment

Originally posted by derzahla View Post
                          Hmm. Do you mean the WeTEK edition? I tried flashing RemiX115k4 first and then openELEC 5.95.2 wetek. Thisactually bricked my device. Had to use my wifes chinese windows laptop to flash it back to stock over USB. Then tried flashing http://amlinux.ru/image/5.95.2/OpenE...5.2-update.zip, same error at boot. Now im back on 5.0.6. This is crazy.

You have to use S82 version with your Tronsmart Vega S89! No problem here with 5.95.2 image.

Comment

Originally posted by derzahla View Post
                            No, I flash this http://www.amlinux.ru/image/5.95.2/O...S82-5.95.2.zip, image for S82 device.

Comment

I've tried the s82 version as well (first actually), as that's what I previously used for earlier versions. But now with 5.95.2, there is an s802 labeled version, which is the exact cpu that's in the tronsmart s89. Im pretty sure there is no amlogic s82 CPU, though I have heard some sites calling the Amlogic s802 an s82. Never understood why.

MikeD, what version were you on before you flashed 5.95.2? Which method did you guys use to flash and which recovery img?

Thanks.

Comment

The names in all those versions stand for the box type, not the processor. S82 means Beelink S82 which is same as Tronsmart Vega S89. S802 is for CX-S806 box.

The version don't have to be only compatible to your processor also wifi chip, remote and maybe other hardware. So you have to choose right version for a model which have exact hardware than your box.

I have a S82/S89 clone and use the S82 versions from beginning without problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X