Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    :
    It's Windows boxes all the way for me as soon as Cherry trail comes along and I think that we will see more made outside of China, where the hardware quality may also be a little better (in reference to the heating issues) and not that much more expensive.
    :
    Last but not least they will all produced at China... But I agree, the Cherry Trail will kill the market... BUT it has to show/prove it's 4K performance (http://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-H....138044.0.html)

Sorry wasser for the OT
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Last but not least they will all produced at China... But I agree, the Cherry Trail will kill the market... BUT it has to show/prove it's 4K performance (http://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-H....138044.0.html)

Sorry wasser for the OT
      Yuck, no Wintel for me. For me the fun of Android is in the community and fixing things, and the ability to change/customize anything and everything.

The problems are mainly binary only blobs, and closed source SDK's, which impede progress tremendously. Still, things continue to progress and get better all the time.

I use Windows/Intel only when it cannot be avoided. Give me Linux/Android (or other *nix) on ARM or MIPS or SPARC or whatever any day. My next purchase is gonna be an ultrasparc T1 server so I can play with newer version of solaris (I already have an ultrasparc IIi, Netra t1 105, but that's single core. I want T1 because it's 8 core with 4 concurrent threads per core for a total of 32 concurrent threads per CPU). They are cheap, less than $100 on **** right now. Unfortunately the T1 is crippled with only 1 FPU for 8 integer cores. They corrected it with 8 FPU's for 8 cores in the T2, costs more.

Maybe I'll start working on Android port for ultrasparc, to run in solaris HW accelerated VM.

Sorry, too, for way off topic :-D

Cheers,
      -SB
      ---------------------------------------
      Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
      Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
      RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

There isn't a product that does everything that the marketing promises.

Sometimes it's hardware limitations although mostly it's the software, right from the SDK to the end apps.

MX Player is still the best option for consistent media playback.

Kodi has much greater flexibility and available options but at this time has to be considered as a continual work in progress.

Whether the razer takes things further, we will just have to see when it actually launches.

Until then, all speculation is just hope.
        The razer will come equipped with a snapdragon 805 and the adreno 420. It has exactly the same specs as my $800 Note 4.

S805 isn't some cheap chinese made SoC that they release for cheap boxes. This chip is extremely well supported and won't have these micro stutters and other weird glitches. Between the Razer and a Wintel, I'd go with the razer as android is customizable and the GPU is far superior than the ones coming with windows on them.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

Sorry wasser for the OT
          I have a feeling that other manufacturing markets will grow such as India, so we might see even cheaper labour forces being used.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by theeze View Post
            The razer will come equipped with a snapdragon 805 and the adreno 420. It has exactly the same specs as my $800 Note 4.

S805 isn't some cheap chinese made SoC that they release for cheap boxes. This chip is extremely well supported and won't have these micro stutters and other weird glitches. Between the Razer and a Wintel, I'd go with the razer as android is customizable and the GPU is far superior than the ones coming with windows on them.
            A $100 box having the same spec as a $600 phone.

Something doesn't quite add up there.

There are many capable pieces of hardware out there but the best is not made of it.

Only the proof of the pudding will show what it will actually be like in real use.

So much has underperformed that I would never believe any hype in advance of the product being in the hands of the masses to review.

I hope that you are right though because the Android arena needs some shaking up in the media box market and the Wintel solutions are going to make such a huge dent that the manufacturers, vendors and Google are going to have to pull their socks up pretty quickly.

The almost exclusive Android ride is well and truly over.

The one wise thing that Rockchip did do was to make a deal with Intel because that is where the market is going to.

Comment

Razer Forge looks like a very decent box, but keep an eye out on the Nvidia Shield Console as well.
              Specs on both of these are great, only thing that could hinder development is how locked down these new boxes are. Rooting and bootloader unlocking are big question marks.

Comment

Hello guys, very interesting discussion, but I think this is running out of topic in this thread.
                You should open a new thread with this theme in the RK3288 Devices section.

Comment

It's not even related to RK3288 so it doesn't belong there either. I'd say it's pretty much run its course anyway.

Might as well just return to topic.
                  Cheers,
                  -SB
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
                  Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                  Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
                  RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
                  ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Use Mo's 1.5 rom instead. The only problem is you can't turn it off unless you press and hold the power button for 10 seconds or unplug it, but it is the best rom for these devices.
                    What's the link to Mo's 1.5?
                    Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by TitoXx View Post
                      Razer Forge looks like a very decent box, but keep an eye out on the Nvidia Shield Console as well.
                      Specs on both of these are great, only thing that could hinder development is how locked down these new boxes are. Rooting and bootloader unlocking are big question marks.
                      I doubt you can do much with root. Both will come with Android lollipop which has a locked bootloader. I'm really not sure how much demand there'll be for unlocking these boxes, It's not gonna be easy. If the Razer and shield come with stock android, I can see no need for a root...though I'm sure the shield will have some of Nvidia's bloat.

We'll know soon enough. The best part of the Nvidia and Razer is that these consoles are about the same price as these chinese boxes and of better quality. I like my R28 meta, but some consistent support would have been nice. Razer and Nvidia will not disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by cell_c18 View Post
                        Of course, I always use SPMC! and I have stutters in HD video (streaming and from usb HDD).
                        Please do help send us your testing videos and we can arrange our engineers to test and solve the annoy stutter. Tronsmart.

Comment

Originally posted by aka22 View Post
                          Please do help send us your testing videos and we can arrange our engineers to test and solve the annoy stutter. Tronsmart.
                          http://www.tronsmart.com/forum/trons...&start=84#2530
                          Tronsmart were given a long list of videos with links to where they could obtain then to test a long time ago when Alex came on board to manage things.

Comment

Tronsmart were given a long list of videos with links to where they could obtain then to test a long time ago when Alex came on board to manage things.
                            This is more an issue with the RK3288 than it is with the box itself, all of these boxes have issues, anyone claiming otherwise either have a different perceoption of what is an acceptable rate of stutters or flat out lying to justify their purchase or are part of the dev team for their products.

The minix X8 has far slower components than the beelink, tronsmart and HPH devices yet plays video stutter-free. It's a combination of quality and properly maintained software. This is an issue with the RK3288 and will probably never be truly fixed.

So either get a wintel or a Minix or even a raspberry PI if you want smooth video.

Comment

Absolutely no Audio

Hello, I am new to this firmware. I just installed the latest version 2.0.6 on my Beelink R89. The video works great but there is no Audio at all. I tried to change the settings in the android settings menu but no audio at all - from the android and from KODI.

I also connected the unit directly to the tv and on the receiver (DTS). All the same. No audio.

Any hints?

Comment

Launcher3.apk

Hello Dwidman,

I had the same issue and a Problems with the USB Hard drives ...
                                I found that if I Replaced the launcher3.apk with the old one it fixed most of My issues.

You upload the old Launcher3.apk to the /system/app directory and change it's attributes
                                to chmod 0644 ... and then delete Launcher3.odex ...

Then Reboot the player and for me my sound returned ...

I have attached a link to the old Launcher3.apk

Good Luck and Lets us all know if it worked for you too ?...

Enjoy

Michael T.
                                3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                                CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                                Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                                Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Working...
                                X