Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
    Hello Dwidman,

I had the same issue and a Problems with the USB Hard drives ...
    I found that if I Replaced the launcher3.apk with the old one it fixed most of My issues.

You upload the old Launcher3.apk to the /system/app directory and change it's attributes
    to chmod 0644 ... and then delete Launcher3.odex ...

Then Reboot the player and for me my sound returned ...

I have attached a link to the old Launcher3.apk

Good Luck and Lets us all know if it worked for you too ?...

Enjoy

Michael T.
    Hello Michael,

no sound at all. I don't have any sound on the interface nor in KODI (XBMC).

Thanks

Comment

dwidman

Hello dwidman,

Did You replace the Launcher3.apk and Rebook the player ??? yes or no

I had no sound either ... none

Sorry ...

Michael T.
      Originally posted by dwidman View Post
      Hello Michael,

no sound at all. I don't have any sound on the interface nor in KODI (XBMC).

Thanks
      3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
      CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
      Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
      Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by Zanatos View Post
        This is more an issue with the RK3288 than it is with the box itself,
        :
        The minix X8 has far slower components than the beelink, tronsmart and HPH devices yet plays video stutter-free. It's a combination of quality and properly maintained software. This is an issue with the RK3288 and will probably never be truly fixed.
        :
        I don't know if it is the RK3288 or the bad support by RockChip to fix it at the SDK... As you wrote YET at amlogic it plays videos smooth stutter free with all the fixes at the newer SDK (took also a few month to get this state)...
        But maybe you are right and it's the RK3288 and that's why MINIX doesn't release a RK3288 device... who knows?
        Last but not least it also seems to depend on the environment/setup... but of course this shouldn't be an argument
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
          What's the link to Mo's 1.5?
          Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/95...pa44/HPH1.5.7z

You must unzip with 7-zip, otherwise it doesn't works. But even with this you will have stutters in HD vidéos!!

Comment

OK friends, I made some tests on my R28 and I should say :

1. There are more stutters when i activate 11AC Wireless on my router
            2. There are less stutters when my router use only 11n Wireless
            3. I don't made test with Ethernet, But i deactivate Wifi in android setting, i tried to play some videos (HD and AVI) from usb HDD with Mx Player and i also seen stutters in theses videos!! .

I hope this information will help!

Comment

No sound over HDMI

Similar to 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 I get no sound over HDMI with 2.0.6. I tried both Default and Bitstream and got no sound. Did get sound over SPDIF but that is no use to me as sound as I connect the HDMI cable to my receiver it wants to HDMI and cuts off the SPDIF. Also tried the Launcher3 trick from a few posts back but that doesn't help. Going back to 2.0.3 for now which works OK for me.

Regardless of my problems, massive thanks to Wasser for creating these ROMs.

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
                Hello dwidman,

Did You replace the Launcher3.apk and Rebook the player ??? yes or no

I had no sound either ... none

Sorry ...

Michael T.
                Yes, I replaced the Launcher3.apk, but I could not remove the other file. Yes, I rebooted the player.

How can I remove the file?

dwidman

Comment

Originally posted by cell_c18 View Post
                  OK friends, I made some tests on my R28 and I should say :

1. There are more stutters when i activate 11AC Wireless on my router
                  2. There are less stutters when my router use only 11n Wireless
                  3. I don't made test with Ethernet, But i deactivate Wifi in android setting, i tried to play some videos (HD and AVI) from usb HDD with Mx Player and i also seen stutters in theses videos!! .

I hope this information will help!
                  This is a network issue.

I have no stutters at all. When your signal is weak it means transfer rate is slow and will stutter as the video is buffering every split second which causes stutter. I have AC wireless and I don't stutter and with ethernet it's perfect.

People need to know the difference between a stutter due to hardware faults and stutters due to internet conections. The vast majority who report stutters seem to have slow internet or bad wifi reception or both.

For local videos that produce stutters, make sure you're not running tasks in the background and those videos are usually stutter free on other sources of media. In fact, trying rebooting your box and as soon as you can load up mx player and a local video. Does it still stutter? USB HDD reads and writes from external and never touches the Emmc for cache. So this might even be your USBHDD...but again, make sure it's stutter free elsewhere.

Advanced task killer is a nice little app to have. It even comes with a widget so it's a one click setup.

Comment

There exists more than one "Advanced task killer", which one do you mean?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

With Wasser 2.0.6 I finally have perfect video playback. Here's my setup.

I'm playing MKV files ripped with MakeMKV. I have Mpeg2 and H264 videos. I haven't compressed them with Handbrake. I'm using MX player. If you want 5.1 audio you'll need to download this zip file (http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=9759) and place the zip file in your Android Download folder. MX will find it and use it on first run of MX player. MX HW+ won't play 5.1 audio. You'll need to just us HW decoding (See MX decoder settings). On your Android box you'll need to make sure and set your Settings > Sound > Spidf Passthrough if you want 5.1 audio. For some reason Wasser 2.0.4 and greater only have HDMI audio output on Yamaha receivers. Sony, Denon, Anthem, Pioneer do not. SPIDF works just fine though. Run an HDMI line to your TV and SPIDF from your android box to your AV Receiver.

I am sharing my videos over wired CAT5e ethernet from a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (running DD-WRT) using Seagate USB3 5TB drives and an Anker USB3 hub. I have 3, 5TB drives on the hub and it works well.

I have not tried this yet on the Wasser 2.0.6 image but on all past images the RK3288 USB ports ran slower than the ethernet port. When I would plug my USB3 drives directly into the android box they would run slower than wired ethernet. SSD drives would even play slower over the RK3288 USB ports. I'll have to test and see if this has changed.

FYI I tried for a very long time to make SPMC or Kodi to work on all videos in my collection. At this point I've given up since MX player is working very well.

Hope this helps.
                      -Aaron
                      Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

My r28 device use Wasser 2.06 for a couple of days... near perfect

Video Stutters... none with ethernet and SPMC 14.1, or Mx player ... almost none with Kodi 15 alpha 1.
                        I don't understand people who are talking video stutters

Firmware is stable... less heat.
                        Just few issue about sound... I can hear sound after few seconds after launching videos....

Big thanks to wasser

Comment

new test kernel fixes hdmi audio output

Hi all,

i built new test kernel and uploaded here. Could please all of you (only have problem with hdmi audio output on some receiver) test this kernel if the nosound issue with HDMI audio output on some receivers is fixed?

If you want this issue will be fixed in the future please test and post your feedbacks, it's very important for me!!!

Thanks

Wasser
                          http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by theeze View Post
                            This is a network issue.

I have no stutters at all. When your signal is weak it means transfer rate is slow and will stutter as the video is buffering every split second which causes stutter. I have AC wireless and I don't stutter and with ethernet it's perfect.

People need to know the difference between a stutter due to hardware faults and stutters due to internet conections. The vast majority who report stutters seem to have slow internet or bad wifi reception or both.

For local videos that produce stutters, make sure you're not running tasks in the background and those videos are usually stutter free on other sources of media. In fact, trying rebooting your box and as soon as you can load up mx player and a local video. Does it still stutter? USB HDD reads and writes from external and never touches the Emmc for cache. So this might even be your USBHDD...but again, make sure it's stutter free elsewhere.

Advanced task killer is a nice little app to have. It even comes with a widget so it's a one click setup.
                            I use wireless AC as well and the transfer rate is good, although the rate required for most video only really needs to be modest.

Task killers can be useful because there can be processes in the background that can suddenly spike and cause a stutter.

A startup manager is also of use to prevent things from loading at startup that are just not required, although it doesn't help when running some apps start others unnecessarily.

Clearing junk is another thing that can help at times.

The reality is that most people likely want Kodi to be able to play everything but this is just not a reality at the moment and for the most consistent playback, nothing beats MX player.

There is no such thing as a box/software combination that will play everything without stutter.

Trying to determine what files, with their varied settings play best is one way to try to reduce the possibility of issues.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by theeze View Post
                              This is a network issue.

I don't agree with you about this! because i already have Minix x7 with the same network and all my videos were playing smoothly! Another thing I have other devices like Roku3 and my laptop, they playing all videos (HD and SD) very smoothly!! I know what i said and i always make some test on my network and my internet connection before telling who make this issue!

Guys you have to accept that there is an issue about playing videos with the r28!

Comment

Originally posted by cell_c18 View Post
                                I don't agree with you about this! because i already have Minix x7 with the same network and all my videos were playing smoothly! Another thing I have other devices like Roku3 and my laptop, they playing all videos (HD and SD) very smoothly!! I know what i said and i always make some test on my network and my internet connection before telling who make this issue!

Guys you have to accept that there is an issue about playing videos with the r28!
                                You are right its not a network problem (unless you have a crappy network connection that is) it seems not all r28 units are the same what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others, not sure why, could be inconsistent manufacturing process maybe. I do find that doing the stutter fix adb shell commands still helps which tells me its software related.

Comment

Working...
                                X