Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post

How do you disable the frame rate sync in Android? My SPMC frame rate sync was already disabled by default and still had audio muting issues.
    Under android settings in Display you uncheck the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by orionas21 View Post

Under android settings in Display you uncheck the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
      Thanks! I set 3 of my 4 Tronsmart R28s this way. It shouldn't take long to see if it works.
      Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by LawlessPPC View Post

if you go into settings and language and switch of hardware keyboard i think thats correct it stops it classing the enter key as a left mouse click. Trust me its just a setting thats need changing and the keyboard still woks
        Nope. Changing that setting doesn't stop the enter key from being recognized as left click. This issue is present in all builds.

Comment

Originally posted by orionas21 View Post

This didn't fix the audio mute bug.

I forgot to mention a step in recreating the muting bug. The Android audio has to be set to max. It seems that if the Android audio is not set to max the bug may be fixed. I'm testing that now.

Comment

Up to now, I have not encountered the muting until this morning, when it happened to me.

I had the volume on max when it happened and further testing has revealed it happen a few more times but only when the volume is set to max.

However, it is still a rare thing for me and something that I can easily live with.

In terms of being able to recreate it in a specific manner I cannot as it is totally random.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
              Up to now, I have not encountered the muting until this morning, when it happened to me.

I had the volume on max when it happened and further testing has revealed it happen a few more times but only when the volume is set to max.

However, it is still a rare thing for me and something that I can easily live with.

In terms of being able to recreate it in a specific manner I cannot as it is totally random.
              I agree. It seems like it's a max audio bug that causes it.

Comment

This didn't fix the audio mute bug.

I forgot to mention a step in recreating the muting bug. The Android audio has to be set to max. It seems that if the Android audio is not set to max the bug may be fixed. I'm testing that now.

Yes...
                It appeared again yesterday nigth (after 4 days)...
                I will try with the volume...

Comment

Maybe a interim solution is to install 'Volume Locker' from play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b.volumelocker to prevent use of max volume

Comment

I returned to offical rom (Tronsmart_Orion_R28_111k4_20150115). Because everything unstable. Even now I can not listen to MP3. Constant interruption. No video. No Mx player (with custom codec)
                    Sometimes very very slow device.
                    I will miss the 1080p Youtube and Google certified (Nexus10) features.
                    Nevertheless, Thank you so much for everything.

Sorry for my English
                    Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta RK3288 Wasser 2.0.3
                    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 4.4.2 OzcanRom.v6.3

Comment

Originally posted by pocoloco73 View Post
                      Maybe a interim solution is to install 'Volume Locker' from play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b.volumelocker to prevent use of max volume
                      Thank you! Or Volume Limit would work too.

Comment

I agree. It seems like it's a max audio bug that causes it.
                        Sorry to report that with the android audio volume set to medium, I had today again the mute audio bug during playing YouTube content; so this is not the solution, may be setting the volumen to max increase the ocurrence but this is not the ultimate cause of this audio mute bug.

Comment

The 2.0.8 works well and smooth on my Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. But ich have the Problem that after a few minutes the colors change to green and the complete screen looks green. After one minute or more the color is normal, or i disconnect and connect the hdmi cable.
                          Is it a firmware problem or hardware issue?
                          My Box: Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta (Wasser2.0.9a)

Comment

Ok the Wasser Firmware is not working on the Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta, it have the same Bug like this:

"green/purple-ish display issues with some TV"
                            OpenHour fix this in there firmware. Is it possible to fix this in your Wasser Firmware??? wasser
                            My Box: Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta (Wasser2.0.9a)

Comment

As information to you guys I don't know does this happen to other people here, firmware 2.0.6-2.0.7-2.0.8 it installs perfectly but freezes after boot on my device Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta.

For flashing the image I'm using Linux/Ubuntu with upgrade_tool (I don't have a windows pc)
                              step 1.
                              # upgrade_tool lf
                              Lower Format Device,total(1),current(0)
                              Lower Format Device OK.
                              step 2.
                              #
                              upgrade_tool uf Wasser...firmware.img

Could be that the issue is at step 1 when I do low level format the nand flash .... it looks like it is not formatting...because when using this tool on other devices such as Minix I had different numbers:
                              Lower Format Device,total(2048),current(2044)
                              Lower Format Device OK

Did anybody had this issue on their devices ??? do you have any recommendations ??

Thank you,

Comment

With regards to the sound dropping out issue, I discovered something.

When using 2.08 I found that I was getting frequent dropouts, where before it was a very rare thing.

Then I remembered that I had moved furniture around and had plugged a different HDMI cable in to the box/TV afterwards.

I changed the cable back again and since then I have had no dropouts at all.
                                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                                X