Cube T9 64bit octacore A53 4G beast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fztt View Post
    I think to prevent spikes to 1.9ghz, we need to set cpuinfo_max_freq, but so far I googled extensively & can't find anyone make successful attempt to make it stick in any device/rom.
    Probably the peaks are not the cause of the blocks. Rather, the activity of the 8 core CPU could be the cause or the activities of the GPU

Comment

many chinese brands do the same: no technical support to reduce costs....
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
        many chinese brands do the same: no technical support to reduce costs....
        Cube provides 1 year warranty by sellers.
        But sellers almost always do not (Shenzhen Ele Technology Limited Store: NO) and this is a scam for buyers. The option is: DO NOT BUY MORE 'CHINESE PRODUCTS NOT OFFICIALLY IMPORTED IN EUROPE
        and contact cube is like a ghost contact !!

Comment

I've never seen a Chinese brand (not imported in Europe) with a customer support.
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Cube provide warranty to overseas buyers knowing that most will not send it back anyway... for example, in my case, my postal service will not accept items with lithium battery & the aliexpress seller tell me they will not accept returns by courier because they do not want to bear customs charges if china customs happen to do inspection... so in the end, I can't return it even if I want to.

So I think overseas china product buyers should know the risk before buying. In my case, it is annoying but still acceptable as overall, I have bought many more working products than defective ones...

Update: still up, so only 1 crash after 9 days & now it's been another 5-6 days... I check cpu freq usage, it never spike above the 1.56 I set (see screenshot), so can safely conclude for my unit at least, problem solved... question is whether Cube or their trolls are monitoring these threads & fix it quietly without acknowledging the problem exist, or will they continue to claim that "you are the only one" whenever someone raises the issue. Unfortunately not ideal solution because now the performance is like at older MT6592.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by fztt; 06-23-2015, 05:32.

Comment

devilz-wolit, still no crash until today, so past 20 days total 1 crash when using while plugged in only, so I'm gonna stop updating until there's a new firmware version, my final script above is set to init.d already, earlier using rom toolbox because easier to edit. No spikes above 1.56 already.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-25-12-04-14.png
Views:	0
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	508258

Comment

devilz-wolit, still no crash until today, so past 20 days total 1 crash when using while plugged in only, so I'm gonna stop updating until there's a new firmware version, my final script above is set to init.d already, earlier using rom toolbox because easier to edit. No spikes above 1.56 already.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n508258[/ATTACH]
                Your settings are not good for my T9, even if the number of crashes decreased. 2 days I'm using the settings moves and I have not had any crashes. Governor Interactive CPU = no changes, and I / O = CFQ scheduler with two changes (quantum = 32, slice_idle = 0)
                read this :

I think that probably the real problem are the settings of the Mali-T760 GPU in relation to the CPU. At present it is not possible to directly check the settings of the GPU.
                It would take something like AeroControl 2.1.2 but does not work for our GPU.

This is instead the script to be copied in a file in init.d with permissions 0777 to increase the cache of sdcard to 2Mb.

#!/system/bin/sh
                if [ -e /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]
                then
                /system/xbin/echo "2048" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
                fi;

Comment

There's no gpu parameter that we can set with any app from playstore, already tried, so until cube unlock more stuff like setting voltage, etc, we can only play with governor parameters... and yup, my final init.d script I did add sdcache increase to 2mb... my settings now stick after reboot, no problem at all, I'm just not happy with limiting speed to 1.56ghz but it's fully usable now.

Comment

There's no gpu parameter that we can set with any app from playstore, already tried, so until cube unlock more stuff like setting voltage, etc, we can only play with governor parameters... and yup, my final init.d script I did add sdcache increase to 2mb.
                    I saw the last two lines of your file, but do not work put into a file in init.d. Probably see 2 MB of cache because they are set in kernel tuning

Comment

Originally posted by devilz-wolit View Post

I saw the last two lines of your file, but do not work put into a file in init.d. Probably see 2 MB of cache because they are set in kernel tuning

Nope... original kernel is 128kb... same problem as governor parameters, I tried setting it with rom toolbox earlier but figures don't stick after reboot until I put in init.d....

Comment

Originally posted by devilz-wolit View Post

I think that probably the real problem are the settings of the Mali-T760 GPU in relation to the CPU. At present it is not possible to directly check the settings of the GPU.
                        It would take something like AeroControl 2.1.2 but does not work for our GPU.
                        I tried resetting to 1.69ghz band and immediately get burst speeds at 1.89ghz & crashes... here's what I suspect the problem is...

- MTK6752 top speed is supposed to be 1.7ghz, ie, 1.69ghz band, but Cube has overclocked it to 1.9ghz to boost performance
                        - As you know if you've done OC before, not every chip can tolerate OC, so some, like ours, can't tolerate the max speed & crashes.

IF this really is the problem, then it is very interesting because there is no way Cube can say they are not aware of the problem since they were the one who overclocked the CPU... they also cannot claim it is only some random units & they can EASILY fix in a firmware update by removing the OC.

As it is, once I'm able to get the speed to stick to max 1.56ghz, no matter what scheduler I use, deadline, cfq, or noop, doesn't cause crashes and tweaking the parameters further for better performance, for example, even setting go_hispeed_load to 1560000 doesn't cause it to crash...
                        Last edited by fztt; 06-27-2015, 06:06.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just recently got the this tablet with a screen protector already on it and I have to say I am impressed with it.
                          However I have a few questions
                          1) The LCD screen feels kinda soft/flaky when I touch/push it compared to say a samsung galaxy s3 screen which is hard/solid. Is this normal?
                          2) Which stylus/pen works with this tablet? I got a cheapo brand which works with a galaxy s3 phone but not with this tablet. Why is that? Could it be because of the soft screen?

Thanks
                          Last edited by zenki; 06-30-2015, 03:18.

Comment

Originally posted by zenki View Post
                            Hi everyone,

I just recently got the this tablet with a screen protector already on it and I have to say I am impressed with it.
                            However I have a few questions
                            1) The LCD screen feels kinda soft/flaky when I touch/push it compared to say a samsung galaxy s3 screen which is hard/solid. Is this normal?
                            2) Which stylus/pen works with this tablet? I got a cheapo brand which works with a galaxy s3 phone but not with this tablet. Why is that? Could it be because of the soft screen?

Thanks
                            I have the T9. Best tab I have had.
                            I don't think stylus works with the T9. Not sure why.
                            Not sure what you mean by soft screen. It is glass. Perhaps you should remove the 1st protective plastic cover (there were two on mine, I removed both).
                            I wish you well.
                            Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

I tried resetting to 1.69ghz band and immediately get burst speeds at 1.89ghz & crashes... here's what I suspect the problem is...

- MTK6752 top speed is supposed to be 1.7ghz, ie, 1.69ghz band, but Cube has overclocked it to 1.9ghz to boost performance
                              - As you know if you've done OC before, not every chip can tolerate OC, so some, like ours, can't tolerate the max speed & crashes.

IF this really is the problem, then it is very interesting because there is no way Cube can say they are not aware of the problem since they were the one who overclocked the CPU... they also cannot claim it is only some random units & they can EASILY fix in a firmware update by removing the OC.

As it is, once I'm able to get the speed to stick to max 1.56ghz, no matter what scheduler I use, deadline, cfq, or noop, doesn't cause crashes and tweaking the parameters further for better performance, for example, even setting go_hispeed_load to 1560000 doesn't cause it to crash...
                              I conducted tests measuring frequency and temperature of the CPU on a T9 which does not have the problem of freeze video. This too often reaches the frequency of 1859Mhz and keeps it for a long time but the tablet never blocks. Now the real problem is the control of the GPU in relation to the speed of the CPU.
                              Using your file I reduced the number of video freeze, but unfortunately still occur. Even trying to make changes, also changing the settings I / O still crashes.

Comment

Working...
                              X