NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which zip to use?

Am getting ready to apply this update, and noticed that there are two finless 2.1 zip files included, one of them
    finless.21.zip, the other finless21_ROM.zip.
    Which one do I need to use here?

Thx

LOL...duh, must remember to have coffee before typing. Nevermind, I realized after that I'd dropped the original zip into the folder to unzip it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbc View Post
      Am getting ready to apply this update, and noticed that there are two finless 2.1 zip files included, one of them
      finless.21.zip, the other finless21_ROM.zip.
      Which one do I need to use here?

Thx
      There one download called s82_m8_s89_finless21_rom.

Inside of it is the zip which along with factory update and recovery files you copy to a sd card over to update.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Recovery issue or bad download

Originally posted by freakie82 View Post
        Hello,

Thanks for all the hard work put into this ROM. Got some issues getting this on my android tv box;
        First I tried to install it on my MX III using the update app but it got stuck updating. Then I tried the toothpick method but same place it got stuck;
        The android man, with the spinning sphere in his belly, shows for like 20% and then the sphere stops spinning and the progress bar isn't moving any further (waited over 30 minutes).
        It is compatible with the MX III 1G right? Any things I could try,

thanks!
        freakie82

Someone had said the stock recovery has issues back on the first page i think.. search the forum for twrp recovery Download it and put on your sd with the rom. Make sure its named recovery. Its how I Flashed it.

Comment

Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
          Someone had said the stock recovery has issues back on the first page i think.. search the forum for twrp recovery Download it and put on your sd with the rom. Make sure its named recovery. Its how I Flashed it.
          No need to search for it, it was included in the fw download.

Comment

I simply did update from program on box picked bobs rom installed with no issues.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Just my experience with this rom flashed to ENY M8N. It seems like it will work wonderfully on my M8N. Write to SD works, XBOX gamepads work, but unfortunaley it freezed constantly no matter what CPU settings I try. I understand it was not made for M8N but for those that our wondering if it will flash on M8N, it will but be ready for major lockups which make the box unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
                No need to search for it, it was included in the fw download.
                oops i assumed it was stock recovery in the zip. Maybe i misread the past about it on the first page..
                Sorry .

Comment

Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
                  oops i assumed it was stock recovery in the zip. Maybe i misread the past about it on the first page..
                  Sorry .
                  It happens, gotta read Bob's instructions carefully, it seems it flashes twrp by default, if you want stock use the zip and vice versa for recovery 😄

Comment

Can`t install 2.1 ROM !

Originally posted by Finless View Post

OK so here is the download!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> Tronsmart S89/S89H & Beelink S82/S82H/M8 - Finless ROM 2.1 (450 megs)

Bob
                    Hello there,

first.... RESPECT to Finless ... nice Work !
                    Use 1.8 since March....dont update to 2.0.
                    Work well.
                    Now i like to go to 2.1 Rom.
                    But i have a Problem. Rom 2.1 will not installed....become failure Message:

failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed (invalid argument)

I test the same with same sdcard and 2.0 Rom.... will work !
                    Dont now what wrong .......
                    thanX for Help.

Hav a nice Weekend.

Comment

Does amazon instant video work?

Comment

Originally posted by I-am-Logic View Post
                        Hello there,

But i have a Problem. Rom 2.1 will not installed....become failure Message:
                        failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed (invalid argument)
                        I test the same with same sdcard and 2.0 Rom.... will work !
                        Dont now what wrong .......
                        thanX for Help.

Hav a nice Weekend.
                        Hello,

i was sad and can`t understand why the 2.1 ROM will not Work and do be in search of this ......
                        The ******* SD-Card was the Problem.
                        SD-Card wit 2.0 ROM work well. Same Card wit 2.1 not ! Why ?????
                        I formated the same Card with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3

Take the 2.1 ROM on it again ......... and it works !!!

Ohhhh Man !!! I hate this SD-Cards .......

So long ........

Comment

Hello,

i was sad and can`t understand why the 2.1 ROM will not Work and do be in search of this ......

So long ........
                          I had to use a 2GB SD Card. Mine 64GB was not working.

Comment

Hello,

So long ........
                            Sounds like the cards damaged and in need of replacing.
                            The older rom didn't write to the damaged area when it was put on and it worked.
                            The newer rom did and it didn't.

Once you reformated the bad area was marked and it wasn't written to.

If it suddenly acts crazy then its gone bad if it keeps working fine then it was just a quirk.

Comment

Originally posted by tiguy82 View Post
                              I had to use a 2GB SD Card. Mine 64GB was not working.
                              Hello, mine have 2GB, also tested 8GB, but finaly 2GB and Tool worked.
                              Have a nice Day.

Comment

I wonder if large format sd aren't support probably when installing.

Comment

Working...
                                X