NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I'm new to the android boxes. I just purchased a S89H and its on it way from China. I have downloaded the zip file. Unziped it onto my desktop. I have moved the 3 files as stated in the README FIRST FILE to a my FAT32 SDcard. I will try method 1 when the product arrives. I will try my best to follow it step by step as this is my first device and first time doing this process. I have heard great things about these ROMs.

I was wondering if there was a forum or video that could help clarify some of the things on the card.

Do I need to backup anything from the product when it arrives as the device will be erased with this flash.

Is the xmbc file supposed to be put on the SDcard? I would lie the most optimal XBMC installed.

*It may sound really silly to request a video of someone doing this process on youtube but I think it would really help new android tv box owners like myself.

Thanks

Comment

No need for a video.

Step 1: copy recovery/s82_m8_s89_finless21.zip and factory_update_param.aml to sd card.
      Step 2: stick sd in and boot device up.
      Step 3: Go to your apps in the device and find update&backup
      Step 4: click on it and go to update-local check wipe data and then click select off to the right.
      Select the zip file (in this case its s82_m8_s89_finless21)
      Step 5: Click update right next to the select button and have a beer as it updates

You can also copy over the xmbc to the sd so you can install it after the firmware updated or download any version from the net.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
        No need for a video.

Step 1: copy recovery/s82_m8_s89_finless21.zip and factory_update_param.aml to sd card.
        Step 2: stick sd in and boot device up.
        Step 3: Go to your apps in the device and find update&backup
        Step 4: click on it and go to update-local check wipe data and then click select off to the right.
        Select the zip file (in this case its s82_m8_s89_finless21)
        Step 5: Click update right next to the select button and have a beer as it updates

You can also copy over the xmbc to the sd so you can install it after the firmware updated or download any version from the net.
        Why did the instructions state about holding the button down with a toothpick while and pressing the power button and such. Your steps seem much easier and I understand it perfectly. As long as I can get xbmc on this machine to play my movies and have emulators on it, im a happy man

Comment

Originally posted by SwampDonkey View Post
          Why did the instructions state about holding the button down with a toothpick while and pressing the power button and such. Your steps seem much easier and I understand it perfectly. As long as I can get xbmc on this machine to play my movies and have emulators on it, im a happy man
          That's the default way.

There are several but the all give you the same result and i just mentioned the simplest for someone who never done it before.

Comment

HLS?

Does anyone know if HLS issue has been solved in this latest release?

Comment

Thanks to Mr Finless!!!!

Some question:

How to fix sound notification problem?

How to fix 1080P flicker problem?

News about a Lollipop Rom??? 2.2???

Cheers!

Comment

script in init.d not working

Hello,
                I have just updated from 2.0 to 2.1 .
                On 2.0 I have mounted some NFS shares via script in init.d .
                On 2.1 I just copied the script in init.d and set permissions to 755.
                But it seems this script is not recognized at boot time.
                Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mambo View Post
                  Hello,
                  I have just updated from 2.0 to 2.1 .
                  On 2.0 I have mounted some NFS shares via script in init.d .
                  On 2.1 I just copied the script in init.d and set permissions to 755.
                  But it seems this script is not recognized at boot time.
                  Did I miss something?
                  I also noticed the same. I had Finless 2.1 loaded for a bit last week but because I could not make my init.d custom scripts to load at boot time I gave up on it and went back to Stock 111K4 FW for now.

Bob - is it possible you forgot to include the init.d support by any chance? I know you reported as a feature and I do see that you set permission to init.d folder as 0777 in the update-script but I do not see any other script reference to actually call the init.d files. Usually there is a "service" section in one of the the boot's (ramdisk) rc files to call run-parts which will then go through the scripts. But I did a global grep search and could not find anything similar in your rom.
                  If is is not done using run-parts, please apologize me. This is my first amlogic device after having an RK3188 box for over a year so my mindset is still in the way we customize things with rockchip based boxes.

Thanks!

JoKeRz BoX

Comment

quick noob qustion:

before i venture to try installing this finless 2.1 rom on my brand new Tronsmart Vega S89-H, where can i look to find directions on how to revert back to original factory state AFTER installing finless ROM?

I'd like to know how to recover/revert before i move forward...

Thanks, and sorry for the imposition.

Even a link to an explanation, or good working instructions. THANKS again!

Comment

i'd love to see the answer to this one too, i have an NFS export on my network that i will need to mount at boot time for Kodi, etc. Is it dangerous to just modify /etc/fstab to mount the NFS?

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
                      I also noticed the same. I had Finless 2.1 loaded for a bit last week but because I could not make my init.d custom scripts to load at boot time I gave up on it and went back to Stock 111K4 FW for now.

Bob - is it possible you forgot to include the init.d support by any chance? I know you reported as a feature and I do see that you set permission to init.d folder as 0777 in the update-script but I do not see any other script reference to actually call the init.d files. Usually there is a "service" section in one of the the boot's (ramdisk) rc files to call run-parts which will then go through the scripts. But I did a global grep search and could not find anything similar in your rom.
                      If is is not done using run-parts, please apologize me. This is my first amlogic device after having an RK3188 box for over a year so my mindset is still in the way we customize things with rockchip based boxes.

Thanks!

JoKeRz BoX

Comment

to go back

to go back flash stock rom or before you flash use custom recovery to create backup

Originally posted by etyrnal View Post
                        quick noob qustion:

before i venture to try installing this finless 2.1 rom on my brand new Tronsmart Vega S89-H, where can i look to find directions on how to revert back to original factory state AFTER installing finless ROM?

I'd like to know how to recover/revert before i move forward...

Thanks, and sorry for the imposition.

Even a link to an explanation, or good working instructions. THANKS again!

Comment

I have the 1gb/8gb model...

Hi Guys,
                          I just received yesterday my MXIII thinking it was the 2GB/8GB model with Bluetooth, turns out its the cheaper 1G/8G model without Bluetooth, which sucks because i wanted the Bluetooth to connect to game controllers and especially to my Bluetooth headphones to watch TV at night without bothering anyone... Its to expensive to send this thing back to china and all i got was a small partial refund so now i guess i'm stuck with this one... Now the questions i have are first

- Is this ROM universal can i use this ROM with the 1g/8g and will the wifi work ?

- If it is compatible, can i purchase a Bluetooth dongle separate to get the Bluetooth working, i searched on the net and found a couple of 4.0 Bluetooth adapters some even have the chip manufacturer in the description, is it any way possible to incorporate the drivers from one of these dongles on a future build so all we would have to do is connect the adapter to one of the USB ports ?

The cheaper dongle i found does not have any info on the chipset it costs around 3.50

Click image for larger version

Name:	csr 4.0.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	435971 This one does not say anything about chip manufacturer...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	435972Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	435973 This one says ORICO bluetooth 4.0 with CSR8510 Chip... the cd driver says Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (with included Broadcom drivers)

Any info would be great ! Thank guys !

Comment

Originally posted by willyghost View Post
                            Hi Guys,
                            I just received yesterday my MXIII thinking it was the 2GB/8GB model with Bluetooth, turns out its the cheaper 1G/8G model without Bluetooth, which sucks because i wanted the Bluetooth to connect to game controllers and especially to my Bluetooth headphones to watch TV at night without bothering anyone... Its to expensive to send this thing back to china and all i got was a small partial refund so now i guess i'm stuck with this one... Now the questions i have are first

- Is this ROM universal can i use this ROM with the 1g/8g and will the wifi work ?

- If it is compatible, can i purchase a Bluetooth dongle separate to get the Bluetooth working, i searched on the net and found a couple of 4.0 Bluetooth adapters some even have the chip manufacturer in the description, is it any way possible to incorporate the drivers from one of these dongles on a future build so all we would have to do is connect the adapter to one of the USB ports ?

The cheaper dongle i found does not have any info on the chipset it costs around 3.50

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9811[/ATTACH] This one does not say anything about chip manufacturer...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9813[/ATTACH] This one says ORICO bluetooth 4.0 with CSR8510 Chip... the cd driver says Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (with included Broadcom drivers)

Any info would be great ! Thank guys !
                            Yes it based on the stock 114k which is all in one covering all the devices Compatible with S82/S82B/S82H+Ap6210/Ap6330 and MXIII(1G&2G DDR)+AP6181/AP6210/AP6330--->All IN ONE

As for the bluetooth iam kind of doubting it but not completely so i ask finless.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                              Yes it based on the stock 114k which is all in one covering all the devices Compatible with S82/S82B/S82H+Ap6210/Ap6330 and MXIII(1G&2G DDR)+AP6181/AP6210/AP6330--->All IN ONE

As for the bluetooth i am kind of doubting it but not completely so i ask finless.

Thanks your the best

Comment

4K HDMI Display Output

Hi all. Can you please confirm if HDMI display output of 4K show only when you connect to 4K TV?

My TV is 1080 and in the display output setting, there is no 4K option. My device bought from pandawill below should support 4K. Or am I confusing between 4K HDMI output and 4K video playback?

Comment

Working...
                                X