• Time
  • Show
Clear All

@freakie82

at first try another fresh formatted sdcard, maybe this one have errors

Comment

nice thread, This is very useful, because I was planning to buy this

Comment

So I factory reset my box s82 and put all my apps on I install xbmc and my old set up is there still ? Weird ... I have done this twice and cant get rid of my old xbmc set up on finlesss 2.1 any ideas on how I can clean this box completely

Comment

Originally posted by unos View Post
          @freakie82

at first try another fresh formatted sdcard, maybe this one have errors
          I've already got a new 8gb sd card from the store after I first tried with a 16gb one that I bought some time ago..

Comment

Buffering issue.

Hi,

My memory clean is 65%!!!
            I have a buffering problem (Started when I also start to use Genesis instead XBMCtorrent that stop working on my devise from last month.)

The XBMC freeze time to time and try to buffering.

Any idea? Did the Memory clean is the problem? How I can fix it?

Thanks?

Originally posted by wheelboy View Post
            got the same problem .With the old stock rom always in the 20s ore begin 30s

Comment

Hi Bob,

The 2.1 installed over 2.0 without any problem.
              This FW's pro:
              - SD-XviD avi files are playing fine, without any shutter! It's freakin' great!

Had three cons (but I think it's the original FW's fault):
              - 1080p WEB-DL dd5.1 h264 files are laggy with the included xbmc-armeabi-v7a-13.4.0.apk. I mean: at every 10 sec the video slows down for a moment, if it's only buffering or something?... Latest SPMC solves it.
              - when I pause a video in xbmc, the screen goes black after 2 sec (in Finless 1.8 +2.0 there were no such problem)
              - suspend problem. AV reciever didn't get the signal from the box properly (it "sees" the box, but there's no signal). Had to power off the box, because HDMI connection is not working properly.

Is it possible to use the new amlcodec files in your 1.8 ROM?

Originally posted by papampi View Post
              anyway to directly suspend or shutdown without pop up menu with remote power button ?
              Good question. +1

Thanks,
              eM

Comment

Automatic Rebooting with Uninstall

Question for everyone, the ROM seemingly installed fine, until I tried to uninstall a few apps (user apps that I downloaded), any app I try to uninstall either via the Android Settings, Titanium, Play, or Link2SD sends the box into an immediate automatic reboot, and if I go to the Security section under settings, the exact same thing happens. Any ideas?

Comment

Sounds like your data partition is possibly corrupt or something you installed hosed it up.
                  You may have to do a factory reset/erase to fix it.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

popcorm time

i have the popcorn time application , on ver.2.0 worked fine now on new rom 2.1 doesn't stream any more any have the same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by imastun View Post
                      Question for everyone, the ROM seemingly installed fine, until I tried to uninstall a few apps (user apps that I downloaded), any app I try to uninstall either via the Android Settings, Titanium, Play, or Link2SD sends the box into an immediate automatic reboot, and if I go to the Security section under settings, the exact same thing happens. Any ideas?
                      sometimes you can boot to recovery advances fix permissions repair .

Comment

Originally posted by tiguy82 View Post
                        I have no luck, some videos are slow. Had to install the XBMC provider with this update.
                        Actually, after using it for a few days I ended up switching back to SPMC. I was seeing a few hangups, freezes etc where Helix just froze, no remote responses & I would need to reboot. No such issues w/ SPMC.
                        Am seeing something a bit strange, when playing music in "party mode" after a period of time, the music stops & the S-89 goes into standby (red LED on box). If I hit the power button on remote it comes back up to where it stopped, but this is rather frustrating when I'm wanting to keep music playing all day.
                        Would this be an XBMC screensaver thing (I've since turned it completely off in XBMC) or something else entirely?

Comment

First of all: Thanks Finless for cleaning up this ROM from unnecessary items!

One question regarding 'Static IP' configuration:
                          Is there a way to add a secondary DNS? Currently You can only define one DNS in settings.

MX III (2GB/8GB)
                          Finless 2.1 ROM
                          Wired ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Sounds like your data partition is possibly corrupt or something you installed hosed it up.
                            You may have to do a factory reset/erase to fix it.

Bob
                            Sorry for being such a noob, but how might I do that best? Via the settings menu options, or otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by eM82 View Post
                              Hi Bob,

The 2.1 installed over 2.0 without any problem.
                              This FW's pro:
                              - SD-XviD avi files are playing fine, without any shutter! It's freakin' great!

Had three cons (but I think it's the original FW's fault):
                              - 1080p WEB-DL dd5.1 h264 files are laggy with the included xbmc-armeabi-v7a-13.4.0.apk. I mean: at every 10 sec the video slows down for a moment, if it's only buffering or something?... Latest SPMC solves it.
                              - when I pause a video in xbmc, the screen goes black after 2 sec (in Finless 1.8 +2.0 there were no such problem)
                              - suspend problem. AV reciever didn't get the signal from the box properly (it "sees" the box, but there's no signal). Had to power off the box, because HDMI connection is not working properly.

Is it possible to use the new amlcodec files in your 1.8 ROM?

Good question. +1

Thanks,
                              eM
                              thought SMPC AND OMAN 13.4 were kind of the same. If its not then i rather install spmc. CAN SOME1 confirm this.

BTW anyone with good cache value for advncedsettings.xml that can share for streaming from nfs server. TIA.

Comment

For a second DNS setting install override DNS from the market, it works perfectly for swapping DNS on the fly. Its one of the few DNS changers that actually works. Well worth paying for

Comment

Working...
                                X