No announcement yet.

NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a quite peculiar issue with this ROM.
    My S89h is picking up IR signals from the remote control for my audio amplifier.

More specifically; when I use the remote for my amplifier and press mute, my S89h picks up the IR signal and responds with fastforwarding.
    I think the new firmware must somehow change the settings for the IR signal, maybe it responds to a wider frequency range or something like that.

I did not see this behaviour before I upgraded to finless 2.1
    I have downgraded to finless 2.0 and the behaviour is gone, so I'm sure it must be something in the firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by ASW1 View Post
      I had a quite peculiar issue with this ROM.
      My S89h is picking up IR signals from the remote control for my audio amplifier.
      [...]
      Same issue here.

Reason imo:
      Changelog OFW 111k4: 4.Compatible with our R89 IR Remote;

Therefor is a new file in \etc\, named remotesecond.conf. Rename it in remotesecond.conf.bak or delete it, and it works again normaly.

Comment

Thanks bob great work . just one problem for me I have 720 TV . I tried adding ro.
        Platform.has.native720=true to the build prop and ended up with TV inside a TV picture . is there any work around like the old patches on previous ROMs thanks

When I select 720 in mbox display settings it fills the screen but when I reboot it reverts to screen inside screen
        Last edited by saor11; 01-07-2015, 09:07.

Comment

Another Home-run by Finless!

Hey, as stated in the OP - this is for the M8 / M8N Square box as well - anyone else having issues locking up? Interlacing is gone? Is it so? It's a MIRACLE! Please confirm peeps

Thanks Fin!!

Comment

Originally posted by sn123py View Post
            Hi,

I have a Vega Elite S802-H (VEGA S89-H) with Android 4.4.2 (Build 109k4). When i try to run the automatic installation, it boots into Recovery with menu and the background says "Kein Befehl". When i try to install ROM manually from /sdcard, it says, that it cannot mount the blockdevice (see screenshot).[ATTACH=CONFIG]9461[/ATTACH]

When i try to locate the ROM via update-app (see screenshot)
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]9462[/ATTACH]
            it reboots into recovery, and give the following error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9463[/ATTACH]

any ideas?

the sd-card is 8GB, the box is not modified by me.

thanks,
            macfly.

fixed.

although the card was formatted fat32, it did not work. i reformatted the sd-card with the SDFormatter and everything worked.

thanks!

Comment

Remote.Conf issues

Hey All!

Installed well on a M8N.
              Quick Question - when copying over the m8N original remote.conf file, I get my remote to work, but I lose the supend/wake feature found in the new ROM.

Finless, have any idea which codes to change to get that to work?

When I use the power button, I lose the option, and the has a hell of a hard time waking up, unless i use an mx3 remote....

I'm so confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Sounds like your data partition is possibly corrupt or something you installed hosed it up.
                You may have to do a factory reset/erase to fix it.

Bob
                It looks to be so, when I go into twrp I tried fixing permissions and doing a factory reset, but every time an error message says the /cache failed to mount. So what should I erase and how to I reinstall?

Comment

i used my 64 gb sd card to flash
                  i format it fat32 under windows with

works like a charm

Edit: i get low 30% memory load and nothing but smoothness allround . Sweet rom on the -H
                  thanks Mr Finless
                  Last edited by MAS; 01-08-2015, 11:58.
                  Uno MAS
                  Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                  Ouya
                  Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                  Minix X8-H plus
                  rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Maybe a stupid question, but do I have 1080p24 Hz support for 24Hz movies within xbmc with this Rom? I hate my movies playing 60Hz. Does it autoswitch on a 24Hz movie or can I set it within android?

Comment

Wow yet another stellar Finless rom easy to install and runs with little issues most of all everything I need works perfect.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

Originally posted by pluppie View Post
                        Maybe a stupid question, but do I have 1080p24 Hz support for 24Hz movies within xbmc with this Rom? I hate my movies playing 60Hz. Does it autoswitch on a 24Hz movie or can I set it within android?
                        The supplied XBMC is Omans if I understand correctly, it shouldn't suffer from micro skipping etc, there should be no need for a addon in XBMC.

Comment

How do I restore root manually?

First, thanks for a great ROM! It workes as a charm.

The problem I have (caused by myself ) is that I have unrooted my M8B and now can't find a way to reset root again...

The reason I unrooted was that I wanted to test an app that required an unrooted android. So I went into settings of the SuperSU app and disabled superuser... For my test of the app this didn't help much so I then wanted to enable superuser again but SuperSU will not let me as it says my M8B is not rooted...

Anyone having an idea on how to get root back again? It would be highly appreciated. Or do you think that I need to reflash the ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by johlunse View Post
                            First, thanks for a great ROM! It workes as a charm.

The problem I have (caused by myself ) is that I have unrooted my M8B and now can't find a way to reset root again...

The reason I unrooted was that I wanted to test an app that required an unrooted android. So I went into settings of the SuperSU app and disabled superuser... For my test of the app this didn't help much so I then wanted to enable superuser again but SuperSU will not let me as it says my M8B is not rooted...

Anyone having an idea on how to get root back again? It would be highly appreciated. Or do you think that I need to reflash the ROM?
                            Simple backup your apps and reinstall.

Leave root alone and use the likes of hide my root or rootcloaker to hide root for any apps that require a device to be not rooted or at least appear not to be rooted.

The when its not longer needed turn of the hide my root or whatever your using to hide it and enjoy root again without messing with the firmware itself.
                            Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

OK, thanks for the quick reply. I will do a reinstall and test the other options you suggested.

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                              Simple backup your apps and reinstall.

Leave root alone and use the likes of hide my root or rootcloaker to hide root for any apps that require a device to be not rooted or at least appear not to be rooted.

The when its not longer needed turn of the hide my root or whatever your using to hide it and enjoy root again without messing with the firmware itself.

Comment

Problem with Mele F10 Pro

Greetings Bob!
                                Thanks a lot for your hard work for this ROM. I am having 2 issues with stock ROM and your ROM with Mele F10 Pro. The ROM works perfect without Mele F10 Pro.

- First probblem is the sound which does not go through TV HDMI. I know that this was discussed in other threats to use Soundabout to fix, but it does not to fix for me. But this problem is not serious.
                                - Second problem (serious) is that when connecting Mele F10 Pro to the device, the internet (using Wifi) stop working (95%) or working very slow (5%).

Can you Bob or anyone here help please? I will really appreciate this.

Sorry if this was already solved as I am new here.

Comment

Working...
                                X