NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
    I also noticed the same. I had Finless 2.1 loaded for a bit last week but because I could not make my init.d custom scripts to load at boot time I gave up on it and went back to Stock 111K4 FW for now.

Bob - is it possible you forgot to include the init.d support by any chance? I know you reported as a feature and I do see that you set permission to init.d folder as 0777 in the update-script but I do not see any other script reference to actually call the init.d files. Usually there is a "service" section in one of the the boot's (ramdisk) rc files to call run-parts which will then go through the scripts. But I did a global grep search and could not find anything similar in your rom.
    If is is not done using run-parts, please apologize me. This is my first amlogic device after having an RK3188 box for over a year so my mindset is still in the way we customize things with rockchip based boxes.

Thanks!

JoKeRz BoX
    Look in /system/init.rc

Please see if this is there near the end of init.rc

# Init.d support by Finless
    service runparts /system/xbin/run-parts /system/etc/init.d
    class main
    user root
    oneshot

It shows it is there in my build package but maybe it did not get in when I made the final ZIP.

Also see in run-parts is in /system/xbin

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
      to go back flash stock rom or before you flash use custom recovery to create backup

So, assuming i have the finless 2.1 successfully installed and working...

Is the process of getting back to stock 111K4 back onto the Vega S89-H as simple as putting http://www.mediafire.com/download/ro...d_20141222.zip on an SD card, and booting to recovery, and selecting that file??

Or is it more complicated than that?

Also does airmouse work in recovery mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Look in /system/init.rc

Please see if this is there near the end of init.rc

# Init.d support by Finless
        service runparts /system/xbin/run-parts /system/etc/init.d
        class main
        user root
        oneshot

It shows it is there in my build package but maybe it did not get in when I made the final ZIP.

Also see in run-parts is in /system/xbin

Bob
        I checked that when I first tried your rom last week and the run-parts entry is not in init.rc. The run-parts symbolic link to busybox is there though. So as you said, the init.rc update probably got missed in the final zip. I also checked the max/stock CPU fixer boot.img's and they do not have the run-parts call in init.rc either.

I just did a test and manually added the run-parts call at the end of init.rc, repackaged ramdisk, then boot.img and then re-signed the update zip and init.d now works for me! So I guess this is something you can include in your next release or maybe as a patch (update zip with just boot.img) if there is a lot of people needing the init.d functionality.

Thanks for this customized room by the way! Saved me a lot of time as I was planning to modify the stock one myself but yours has everything I need!

Edit: and just to confirm, there is no /system/init.rc like you mentioned. Just the /init.rc which comes from boot.img's ramdisk (and does not contain the run-parts call)
        Last edited by JoKeRz; 01-16-2015, 01:22.

Comment

Originally posted by etyrnal View Post
          So, assuming i have the finless 2.1 successfully installed and working...

Is the process of getting back to stock 111K4 back onto the Vega S89-H as simple as putting http://www.mediafire.com/download/ro...d_20141222.zip on an SD card, and booting to recovery, and selecting that file??

Or is it more complicated than that?

Also does airmouse work in recovery mode?
          Almost that. You are right that you need to boot into recovery to choose the zip file for updating, but the file you mentioned is not the right one. You have to unzip Tronsmart S89_111k4 SDcard_20141222.zip first and copy the k200-ota-20141218.zip to the micro-sd card. The file to choose for the update from recovery is k200-ota-20141218.zip.

As for airmouse, I am not sure as I do not have one. But any regular computer mouse (including wireless ones that use an USB dongle) should work.

Comment

Mac formatted hard drive

Does it Work with Mac fomatted external hard drive.?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by vichet007 View Post
              Hi all. Can you please confirm if HDMI display output of 4K show only when you connect to 4K TV?

My TV is 1080 and in the display output setting, there is no 4K option. My device bought from pandawill below should support 4K. Or am I confusing between 4K HDMI output and 4K video playback?

http://www.pandawill.com/s82-4k-xbmc...gb-p95336.html
              Anyone confirms this please?

Comment

Originally posted by vichet007 View Post
                Anyone confirms this please?
                Based on my experience, the HDMI modes shown in the settings screen are dependent on your TV
                capabilities. I guess there is some sort of handshake between the box and the TV where the TV responds back what it supports. So if your TV can go up to 1080p it makes sense you only see up to 1080p resolution available.

So I guess if you truly need to test if the box you purchased can do 4K, you will have to connect it to a 4K capable TV or monitor.

Comment

Almost that. You are right that you need to boot into recovery to choose the zip file for updating, but the file you mentioned is not the right one. You have to unzip Tronsmart S89_111k4 SDcard_20141222.zip first and copy the k200-ota-20141218.zip to the micro-sd card. The file to choose for the update from recovery is k200-ota-20141218.zip.
                  thank you VERY much for your prompt and precise reply! i hope it helps others too.

Now i feel more confident trying the finless firmware... i was nervous, that if i didn't like it for some reason, i'd be stuck, but i'm sure i will like it, and feel more confident knowing i have a safety as far as how to revert.

Comment

Based on my experience, the HDMI modes shown in the settings screen are dependent on your TV
                    capabilities. I guess there is some sort of handshake between the box and the TV where the TV responds back what it supports. So if your TV can go up to 1080p it makes sense you only see up to 1080p resolution available.

So I guess if you truly need to test if the box you purchased can do 4K, you will have to connect it to a 4K capable TV or monitor.
                    Thanks for this.

Comment

My Netxion MXIII M82 2GB RAM is touchy with sound but video is great in HD 1080P using latest Kodi 14 Stable realese why??

hi there, i recently purchased MXIII M82 2GB AP6330 from everbuying.com and when it arrived to me i opened the box to see the brand it had a label with Netxion V3 on the label and the wifi chip was AP6330 and the main chipset is AML S802 so i loaded the latest Beelink which is made for MXIII M82 2GB RAM with latest stable release of kodi 14 but then when i go launch kodi and try to play a movie the i see video fine but the sound is touchy and keep skipping so i wonder if someone had same issue and how did you solve it.
                      i was told that to disable DTS in kodi and sound should be fixed i did and still same the sound is touchy the video is excellent quality HD 1080P so how can i fix this dam sound skipping issue??

I have a very fast internet to start with which is broadband 50 which is 50 Mb/s line so i dont think its my net that is causing this issue. so i tried to use multiple HDMI cables and the problem with sound still exist so what is wrong with my device and how can i make it support DTS and Hardware acceleration. I love my other android device which is Jynxbox M6 when it comes to hardware acceleration its super good and no lag in either sound or video but i sold it and i purchased this MXIII M82 Quad core thinking its going to beat the Jynxbox m6 as the jynxbox M6 is dual core and the MXIII M82 is Quad core but it looks like i might have to sell my MXIII M82 and buy another Jynxbox M6 again unless someone can lead me to a fix for my issue.

also how do i find out if my MXIII M82 2GB is a neon device or not?? because i need to download custom codec for the MX Player Pro

looking to hear from all of you who experienced this problem and how did you solve it. thank you for your time in advance.

cheer's
                      Charlie76

Comment

Can anyone help me out i cant get this rom 2.1 off my box i try going to stock oman and it wont let me

Comment

It takes me to a sceen when i do factory reset ...team win then back to finless 2.1

Comment

I cant get rid of my old xbmc set up blahhhh .. this is anoyying

Comment

Figured it out forget it thanks

Comment

"Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X