MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Okan View Post
    Guys, my MK808B died yesterday Actually I used it just once or twice. It's a shame that it breaks down so easly. This happened to anybody else?
    If you want help, kindly provide more details on what makes you think it died and what did you do to bring it back to life etc. There are no mindreaders here

Comment

Hi all,

I flashed this ROM successfully last night without errors but when I plugged it into my TV i get nothing. I have an older 1280x720 TV which worked with the stock ROM. Its difficult to rule out if it is just a display problem because obviously I cannot soft power down the device without a display, therefore every time I try it on a TV I have to reflash it - in fear I have bricked it by pulling the power out.. I am using the standard HDMI adaptor cable that comes in the box.

Also, the blue LED turns on for about a second when I first apply power but then goes out.. is that normal?

Thanks!

Luke

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by lukewarms View Post
        Hi all,

I flashed this ROM successfully last night without errors but when I plugged it into my TV i get nothing. I have an older 1280x720 TV which worked with the stock ROM. Its difficult to rule out if it is just a display problem because obviously I cannot soft power down the device without a display, therefore every time I try it on a TV I have to reflash it - in fear I have bricked it by pulling the power out.. I am using the standard HDMI adaptor cable that comes in the box.

Also, the blue LED turns on for about a second when I first apply power but then goes out.. is that normal?

Thanks!

Luke
        Did you erase NAND before flashing? The blue LED should remain on when the device is powered.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in Scion xB)
        MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

download not working

It takes me to a page that says click on the image. When I click on the image there is the following XML:
          <tree>
          <message type="SUCCESS"/>
          <require_auth/>

</tree>

Comment

Link for download is fixed.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

I can't seem to connect 2 USB devices at the same time. I have a Mele air mouse connected to the USB port and if I connect a Logitech game pad to the OTG port it crashes after a few minutes. I ordered a powered USB hub and a 2a power adapter. Hope it will fix that. Anybody else having a similar issue?

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

Comment

Instructions for ubuntu / linux?

I don't have easy access to windows system. Does someone have instructions how to flash using an ubuntu system?

Thanks,
                Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by dancar View Post
                  I don't have easy access to windows system. Does someone have instructions how to flash using an ubuntu system?

Thanks,
                  Daniel
                  I second this request... I've downloaded the ROM but I find that there are no real instructions on flashing this in a linux(Ubunut) environment... I've found a couple threads related to this chipset, but nothing definitive... I guess I'm asking if Bob could walk us through how he has connected and flashed this on his system, since it seems he uses Linux as his main...?

Comment

Display problem solved

Originally posted by exglynco View Post
                    Did you erase NAND before flashing? The blue LED should remain on when the device is powered.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in Scion xB)

OK, i have an update with my display problem. I noticed the bule LED stays on when I power it via the USB cable in the OTG port.. and lo and behold theres display! So nothing in the power port - just the OTG.

My problem now is the Wifi and bluetooth cannot turn on - when i switch the wifi on it turns itself off after a couple of seconds. The Bluetooth switch doesnt stay on..

Comment

Originally posted by lukewarms View Post
                      OK, i have an update with my display problem. I noticed the bule LED stays on when I power it via the USB cable in the OTG port.. and lo and behold theres display! So nothing in the power port - just the OTG.

My problem now is the Wifi and bluetooth cannot turn on - when i switch the wifi on it turns itself off after a couple of seconds. The Bluetooth switch doesnt stay on..
                      Wait a second. This is the MK808 section and not the MK808B are you sure your not mixing these 2 up?

Comment

hey guys, first: Great Job, the finless rom works great on my mk808! And the shutdown button, just awesome . My question is, i have another android pc the mk809 with a10 allwinner main chip. can i run this rom on this stick, too? Because this second stick is very laggy while playing online movies..
                        maybe another rom could help?!

here are a few details:

android 4.1
                        Allwinner A10/1,6 GHz
                        Memory: 1 gb
                        graphical processer: 2d/3d/opengl es2.0(amdz430)/open vg1.1 (amd z160) <- ?

thank you =) hope for answers

Comment

Originally posted by lukesan View Post
                          Wait a second. This is the MK808 section and not the MK808B are you sure your not mixing these 2 up?
                          No, I own and am referring to a MK808, not a MK808B

Comment

Question about audio capability (stereo only?)

Does the processor only provide stereo output?

I'm using this ROM to playback movies that have 5.1 capability through a receiver and would like to figure out a way to improve the quality.

Thanks

Comment

Trouble Flashing ROM

Newb here.

I'm been working on this for about a day now, and I just can't get the "Finless ROM Flash Tool" to find the device. I've installed the drivers, and it shows up under Device Manager. But when I start the Finless ROM Flash Tool it continues to say "No Found RKAndroid rock usb."

I'm at the part of the instructions where it says this:
                              "4) YOu should see at the bottom it says "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage USB"
                              If it does not say that go into
                              settings and make sure that
                              a) USB storage is turned off
                              b) Under developer options, USB debugging is turned off"

Where are these "settings" located?

Thanks for any help you can offer. And thanks for giving your time to this project; I'm excited to give it a try!

Comment

That is refering to Settings inside your android stick.

Settings > USB > Connect to PC - uncheck

Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging - uncheck

Comment

Working...
                                X