you will not solve problem with danish mind
    ... so be just quiet and forget him
    ... who is danish ?!?

P.S. Bob please clean up this great thread

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9300 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Comment

AW: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by danish View Post
      I appreciate your response and sticking up for the devoper but the change to the homepage was not
      on the changelist. So what else? How many other settings were changed and how much of my private
      information will be compromised?
      So what are the exact facts?
      I think when there is a serious problem we should know it EXACTLY! After facts everybody could decide if he use the firm or not. I think when there is a serious problem we shouldn't close our eyes.

I also like bobs firmware and respect his work. He is a nice and helpful guy.

So when you only have hot air please shut up and go away. I know several forums and from time to time there is a jealous pompous ass coming and saying shit.

Now it is your turn, say exact facts or say sorry or go away;-)

Craxx;-)

Send from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fratello View Post
        @Maxtone : try to load manually the kernel.img by clicking into marked box and going to desired path...
        done, but the result is the same .. At this point I have is corrupt kernel or do not know ..
        Click image for larger version

Name:	erroremk808_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	429749

Comment

Try to re-download the kernel ...

Comment

Try to re-download the kernel ...
            I made a reset, I put the finless 1.6 and then I changed the kernel and now everything works, thanks for everything: D

Comment

Glad to help you ! Enjoy your Android !

Comment

Glad to help you ! Enjoy your Android !
                still a question, it seems to me that it is very slow to load takes 10 minutes to get to the desktop is normal? how do I rest a total mk808?

Comment

Jerky Mouse pointer while download

Hi
                  I tried this rom on my Rk 3066 Dual Core 1.2-1.6G (Cortex-A9)
                  http://www.****.de/itm/Android-4-1-Mini-PC-Dual-Core-1-6GHz-A9-4G-Google-TV-Box-RC12-Touchpad-Keyboard-/170953102712?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=i tem27cd995578#ht_7653wt_1003

The only problem I have, the mouse pointer starts jerking a lot while downloading something or during playing videos. I use the RC12 Touchpad.

Is there any solution for this problem?
                  I changed the original rom to finless 1.6 mainly to get skype to work including camera support and voice.

Thanks for support

Comment

Maxtone, check/change your power adapter (5 volts @ min.2 Ampers) ...

Comment

Hey guys.... sorry I was not around yesterday to respond to this horse shit going on here. I got food poisoning bad yesterday. Am feeling better today.

Danish, if your such an expert then you would know how the default homepage is set in Android.
                      It' a pretty simple edit and has NOTHING to do with security or a virus. Virus? What a bunch of horse shit! WRONG... I think you better learn about what you’re talking about before you start making totally FALSE accusations!

If you open build.prop file there is a line for setting default home page. I set it to geekbuying because they sent me this unit for free to help people and make ROMs. I am paying them back by setting this so people know and see a seller we support here.

If you do not like it, just edit build.prop
                      ro.rk.homepage_base=
                      CHange this to any web page you like!

Security expert
                      If you are a "security expert" I would not hire you to secure my toilet seat as you obviously don't know shit about Android.

As for not being an American. WRONG AGAIN! My grammar may not be so good. I was not an English major. But I was born in America in Minnesota 53 years ago. My parents, grandparents, great grandparents and ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE MAYFLOWER were born here. My last name is White. Look it up. Peregrine White was my ancestor!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_White

So how many times you have to be wrong? Your credibility just went down the toilet drain along with the shit you have been spouting.

As for banning people. We do not ban anyone for having an opinion or even spouting BS. We ban for SPAMMING, or constant harassment and name calling of users. You have not crossed that line for me. Again, I can take criticism and welcome it. So again banned? WRONG AGAIN....

Enjoy,
                      Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

NFS client

Really? No one else is interested in doing this with their MK808? I thought one of the primary usages for these tv sticks was to stream media and SMB is insufficient in many cases for HD video... Or if I'm just asking in the wrong thread, please let me know and I'll start a new one?

Originally posted by eecsdude View Post
                        Hi Bob,

I've been trying to get NFS mounts working via commandline or cifsmanager app, but from what I read online, I need some kernel modules loaded to support nfs. Could you provide those .ko files built against your kernel? Or maybe there's an easier way that others can comment on?

"NFS needs kernel modules - sunrpc.ko, auth_rpcgss.ko, lockd.ko, nfs_acl.ko and nfs.ko- and for them to be loaded in that specific order."

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Hey guys.... sorry I was not around yesterday to respond to this horse shit going on here. I got food poisoning bad yesterday. Am feeling better today.

Danish, if your such an expert then you would know how the default homepage is set in Android.
                          It' a pretty simple edit and has NOTHING to do with security or a virus. Virus? What a bunch of horse shit! WRONG... I think you better learn about what you’re talking about before you start making totally FALSE accusations!

If you open build.prop file there is a line for setting default home page. I set it to geekbuying because they sent me this unit for free to help people and make ROMs. I am paying them back by setting this so people know and see a seller we support here.

If you do not like it, just edit build.prop
                          ro.rk.homepage_base=
                          CHange this to any web page you like!

Security expert
                          If you are a "security expert" I would not hire you to secure my toilet seat as you obviously don't know shit about Android.

As for not being an American. WRONG AGAIN! My grammar may not be so good. I was not an English major. But I was born in America in Minnesota 53 years ago. My parents, grandparents, great grandparents and ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE MAYFLOWER were born here. My last name is White. Look it up. Peregrine White was my ancestor!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_White

So how many times you have to be wrong? Your credibility just went down the toilet drain along with the shit you have been spouting.

As for banning people. We do not ban anyone for having an opinion or even spouting BS. We ban for SPAMMING, or constant harassment and name calling of users. You have not crossed that line for me. Again, I can take criticism and welcome it. So again banned? WRONG AGAIN....

Enjoy,
                          Bob
                          10 bucks (think that's what you call it over there!) donation on way Bob (towards medicine bill ).

Seriously, thanks for your work on this project that so many of us enjoy.

Think we can all see right through the previous poster, but well done on taking time out from feeling 'fragile' to put the record straight.

Best,

Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ADD View Post
                            Here is how I modded mine:
                            I used a low-profile 30x30x7mm fan (5v, 0.15A) installed on the top, so that the air flow passes over the heatsink through the WiFi chip out the holes on the other end. Seems very efficient and has quite esthetic look. The device is powered by 2.5A PSU and running finless 1.6 with 2dark4u kernel (720p, v1.4). Just some more finetuning like making more outlets is planned for this week-end.
                            Very nice. I was going to do something similar but went the passive route with the stuff I had.

I took the CPU heatsink and moved it to the backside of the unit to cover all the RAM and under the CPU. Not necessary, but can't hurt. I then took a small (1"x1") heatsink I had and lapped it to a smooth (mirror like) finish. Cleaned the CPU chip and applied it over the CPU and part of the SanDisk chip. I then used a copper heatsink I had and put it on the other RAM. The RAM probably isn't necessary, but it can't hurt. The ziptie was only necessary to hold the heatsink in place

Not as pretty as yours, but it works. I'm not after overclocking as much as I want the device to be able to stay on and last.
                            Attached Files

Comment

My original MK808 came with 2 heatsinks on both tsides of the board. I do not think the lower heatsink is needed. But they used a crappy thick thermal double sided tape. Does not work well. I think you could get by with the stock heatsink if you apply a good thermal adhesive. this should support up to 1200 overclock.

Anything above 1200 I would do what you guys did and beef up the heatsinks! Good work guys!

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

So I flashed 1.6 and it works fine on my main TV. But the TV (in the garage) I use the MK808 for displays a black screen (usually if unsupported format). It worked fine in Finless 1.5. I tried flashing the 2dark4u kernels, but no luck (both 720p and 1080p). Tried 720, 1080, and 480p.

If I remember, 1.5 had more screen resolutions. Is there anyway for me to get those back? I'm thinking the TV needs a different Hz for the HDMI.

Comment

Working...
                                X