MK808 Tapatalk II

Comment

Ok, here is my post after 12H testing the 1.7

Device ss808 on 720p

What should i say, all working fine. Antutu 98**
      Web Stream´s;streaming from PC in SD and HD
      Gaming and Emulators are Running.
      All of my pluged Devices Working.

The only thing´s i would say is that the Screen of time is incorrect. when set it to 1 min the display get off after 30 sec, when set to 10 min it get´s of after 5 min. In SetCpu i can only go to 14** MhrZ but it shows up to 16**, when i set to 15** it would work. But for me it´s not a Problem.

And pls change the BootLogo

So thanks for this........

Comment

AW: BETA - MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7 BETA TEST - Report thread

Hy Bob,

i tested the new 1.7 for the mk808b.

1. Very Fast !!!! :-D
        2. Very smoothie !!! :-D
        3. Nice new apps like the new launcher !!! :-D
        4. Nice feature autohide navbar.
        5. Gmail is missing....
        6. I had now a problem with blackscreen app (app to avoid burn in for plasmas). I only can start if i hide the navbar. In normal mode or in auto hide navbar mode the blackscreen app starts and close. Only when hide navbar manually the app works. It would be great when you can fix that ;-)

THE BEST is the really improved network speed with my usb2lan adapter!!!!! With finless 1.6a i get 1,7 MB/s and with finless 1.7 test i get 2,8MB/s !!!
        All in all aver very nice rom. GREAT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Guys, what about downloading torrents with utorrent or ttorrent? Did somebody tried this already? I am interested if the device freeze after a couple of minutes of use?

Regards,
          Krasi

Comment

Re: BETA - MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7 BETA TEST - Report thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361231889900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	429837

Jim
            MK808 Tapatalk II

Comment

Originally posted by Craxx View Post
              6. I had now a problem with blackscreen app (app to avoid burn in for plasmas). I only can start if i hide the navbar. In normal mode or in auto hide navbar mode the blackscreen app starts and close. Only when hide navbar manually the app works. It would be great when you can fix that ;-)
              That did not happen with 1.6?
              Odd.... Damn and I hate working with the hidebar code! It's all over the place in more than 3 JAR/APK files
              Is the black screen app in google play?

BOb
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: BETA - MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7 BETA TEST - Report thread

Finless 1.7 on my true MK808 installed & ran fine. I've previously installed 1.5a and 1.6 on it. My first impression is "wow" to all the bells & whistles in the ROM. There are two launchers (I prefer the classic look.) The initial lockscreen display contains a superfluous "50% Charging" battery level display. There are Wi-fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet settings options. The new boot animation is vastly nicer & more complex than those from the 1.5a & 1.6 Finless ROMs.

The only problem I've encountered so far is the Wi-fi strength bars went grey for no reason, even though signal strength remained excellent. I forget whether I brought them back with a reconnection or reboot, but the problem hasn't occurred again.

WI-fi and Atutu speeds are essentially the same as with 1.6 running the standard kernel. Antutu clocked 9360-9843 with 1.7, 1.0 GHz CPU and outputting 720p display.

FYI, with 1.5a, 1080p output (Dero's kernel) slows Antutu results to the 8300-8600 range. At 720p output, lowering CPU clock speeds to 600 drops Antutu results to 4550, and CPU clock at 800 drops Antutu to 6000. Kizs' 1.5 GHz 720p kernel raises Antutu to 10500-11000.

Anyway, to reiterate, 1.7 won't change Antutu results. Kernel tweaking and 720p output are the only ways to see significant improvements.

It's going to take a while to test all the 1.7 bells & whistles. It has a full Android 4.1 settings menu, so things like VPN, NFC, and GPS are meaningless. OTOH, there's a new screen capture option you can set to go off a predetermined interval (e.g., 15 seconds) later. I haven't had the opportunity to test that yet.

There's a Power off button on the navigation bar, but you have to use the Reboot app to boot to recovery.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in Scion xB)
                Last edited by exglynco; 02-19-2013, 06:41.
                MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

Great so far! (on SunVel MK808B)

Didn't have much time to test it yesterday, but I streamed one movie without a reboot and it's very smooth.

One thing I found is that I cannot unzip files with solid explorer:
                  I can open it and copy it out of it but when I want to unzip it completly, it says something like " Cannot ... in thread without calling looper.prepare()..." -> never saw this before.
                  Will try to un-/install it today and report back again.

PS: powering through dedicated port doesn't work either but it also stopped working in the other ROMs after some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Odd.... Damn and I hate working with the hidebar code! It's all over the place in more than 3 JAR/APK files

BOb
                    Hy bob,

I have 2 apps for that. One is a app from petrus here in forum called blackscreen. You can find in thread VideoOutSleep. With this the screen goes black but the navbar didn't hide. In 1.6 it did it fine.
                    And the other app is from playstore called plasma saver (i have buyied the full version before petrus coded a version for me) which didn't work anymore. Like discribed in previous post.

Both apps worked fine with 1.6!!

Hope you catch this "bug" ;-)

And a wish:
                    Perhaps you can implement a button in recent apps to close all. I know that from several roms for my nexus4 or my Xoom tablet. That would be great :-D

best regards
                    Craxx :-)

Send from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk 2 :-D
                    Last edited by Craxx; 02-19-2013, 07:01.

Comment

Bluetooth dongle support?

I have sent a few people my latest 1.7 ROM for testing.

MK808 (original with no BT or a clone).
                      MK808B (Original with BT, not the clone).
                      Mk808B ("sunvel clone" with BT).

This thread is for posting about test results.

Thanks testers!

Bob

P.S. Yes I will do the MK808B clone V1 (non-Sunvel) but I have to tell you, not having this unit it might be several iterations to get right. Bluetooth is a BITCH to get working right on Jellybean!

Oh and my 1.7 is NOT just a repackage of a stock ROM with tweaks as some accuse me of doing recently! This is totally a new ROM with many new features! I spent freakin 2 weeks on it! Some sites wanting to compete and LIE.... might tell you it's a repackage, but they are so wrong! I hate people that lie to make themselves look better or discredit someone else...
                      Oh and you know who your are too..... You have not seen me make BS statements about your ROMs have you? Why do you need to try and discredit? Lamers
                      Users will ultimatly decide the best ROM for them!!!! No need to badmouth if it's not yours!

Bob
                      Great news!
                      One question, have you managed to get a external BT dongle to work for the original MK808?
                      I read that flc were almost there in his CW10, but I have not seen any status update regarding that.
                      BT support would be really awsome, can't wait to connect my Wii controller to the MK808 and play some old NES games ;-)

Comment

Hy Bob,

i made a new test today with blackscreen app. Until now i didn´t try blackscreen app compared with autohide navbar in settings. AND it is working ;-) So i can live with that if it is too complicated to make the plasma saver app to get to work.

best regards
                        Craxx;-)

send from MK808B with Tapatalk HD

Comment

Just installed it.

Going to be very straight fwd on this.

Keyboard clicking sounds = on (no biggie)

but

Just installed 2 programs to test what I am mainly wanting to use the MK808 for and that is streaming from my Dreambox (sat receiver).
                          So I installed Dreamdroid and Archos video player. Result = slow and dropping frames like crazy on SD and HD content.
                          I just came from Lewy with Alex his kernel and it seemed to work almost perfect with that combination.
                          I need to check if I can install Alex his kernel on this if I have some time (dealing with an unpleasant fact of life at the moment so not sure if I will be leaving feedback in the next couple of days)

Comment

Lewy's ROM is nothing more than the Neo X5 System and boot but with Alex's kernel.
                            So feedback on this would be good to understand. Lewy did nothing really other than use the Neo X5 system.
                            So either it is something in the Neo X5 system making this work, or Alex's kernel!

I suspect Alex's kernel is the key. Please flash his kernel with this ROM and see. If you get the same thing then I will look into this from the system aspect. FYI's Lewy's ROM is based on a older release of the Neo X5. I did in this ROM use some of the Neo X5's codecs and other video related files. But maybe I missed something.

I would like to get to the bottom of this so it is important to follow up as soon as you can.

I may delay this release until issues like this are fixed.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

ok just flashed Alex his 1.4 kernel. This seems to be better for streaming except for the fact that I have to switch on 'disable HW overlays: always use GPU for screen compositing'. If I don't I get graphical glitches in the area where normally the keyboard is.
                              I am not to keen on Antutu scores and I am not testing those since they seem to vary depending on where the wind comes from.

Also not sure how the resolution and more importantly the refresh rate is being set. Here in Europe everything is 50Hz so streaming tv-signal leads to a 25fps opposed to the 60Hz and 30fps in the US.
                              My experience is that this can lead to dropped frames which have nothing to do with performance issues.
                              Also some films are recorded in 24fps which leads to issues in some tv sets and or equipment.
                              Now that 24fps I can live with but the 50Hz might be usefull for some. Also thinking about it the 60Hz might lead to screens going blank in Europe. mmmm

Comment

BLACK SCREEN & HIDE BAR APP'S

BOb
                                HI Guys,
                                FYI.....There's an APP call "extended settings" which allows you to set screen of timeout from 15s to 10min or never.....Works for me....I use a USB sound Dongle for audio,which isn't interupted when screen turns off.
                                Also there's an APP called "Fullscreen" whereby you can toggle "hide the task bar" It also alows two points on the screen to be setup,in different positions, for assiging your normal task bar options eg.... Back button, Home button , Last APP etc.. & these two points can be adjusted for size & opacity so they can be unobtrusive.
                                Both free on Google Play store.
                                Hope this helps???

Comment

Working...
                                X