MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Finless,

So I started trying 1.7 this evening. My first impressions are very positive. Antutu gave me a score of 9890, using 1272 MHz and interactive Governor.
    Two things I noticed so far:I have the Flymouse RC11 (as I guess many do). I have installed an app called External Keyboard Helper Pro. Now when I push the volume down button on the Flymouse, not only does the volume go down, but also the navbar disappeares and reappeares... Any idea what might cause this? It's a handy option, but not on that key

I used Titanium backup Pro to reinstall my apps and user data. Two things wouldn't install from here: Youtube and Gmail. I installed Gmail from Play store and Youtube version 4.1.47 from an apk I downloaded earlier. Works good now.

I'll update more things as I notice them. This is all so far...

Comment

AW: BETA - MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7 BETA TEST - Report thread

Originally posted by zvoddy23 View Post
      HI Guys,
      FYI.....There's an APP call "extended settings" which allows you to set screen of timeout from 15s to 10min or never.....Works for me....I use a USB sound Dongle for audio,which isn't interupted when screen turns off.
      Also there's an APP called "Fullscreen" whereby you can toggle "hide the task bar" It also alows two points on the screen to be setup,in different positions, for assiging your normal task bar options eg.... Back button, Home button , Last APP etc.. & these two points can be adjusted for size & opacity so they can be unobtrusive.
      Both free on Google Play store.
      Hope this helps???
      Thx, i know this app, but has nothing to do with the problem i discribed. And i don't want a sound usb dongle.
      But nvm thx for your help.

best regards
      Craxx :-)

Send from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk 2 :-D

Comment

Originally posted by KasSGT View Post
        Two things I noticed so far:I have the Flymouse RC11 (as I guess many do). I have installed an app called External Keyboard Helper Pro. Now when I push the volume down button on the Flymouse, not only does the volume go down, but also the navbar disappeares and reappeares... Any idea what might cause this?
        Probably because F11 is the standard key to hide the navbar?

Comment

BETA TEST Requests

Hey all... I just want to generically respond to BETA test PM's I have gotten. It has been overwhelming to be honestly. Almost too much to handle. So I must state why you might have not gotten a response from me.

1) If you have never made a post here on FreakTab. Then sorry. I wont include you. No offense but participation on this forum is key. The reason here is, non-participation means just that! I don't trust I will get feedback from you! Sorry to be this way and I know you might be a big talker elsewhere on other forums, but this is my home and where I expect feedback. 0 posts from requesters here, sorry.... You wont be in the test.

2) Other devices! Look this is a BETA test. I need feedback from people that own the exact device! If your using a S80X whatever, I am sorry. I am not looking for feedback on how it works on a device my ROM was not made for. Please understand the reason. This ROM is in testing for JUST the exact device. I am not looking for feedback on how it works for some other device. It's not that I do not care, but I want to fix things for the device the ROM was intended for. Later we can do things for ports to other devices.

So sorry. If you did not get a response from me via your PM, you fell into the 2 categories above. If you feel you are not in one of the categories above, PM me again. Trust, I get a lot of PMs from people and I appologize if I somehow messed up on responding.

Also... THANKS FOR TESTING! I thank the people I have sent this to who have already input. HOWEVER, If I sent you the link and you never give input to this testing, do not ever expect to be part of another ROM test. You are required to give input. Otherwise I would have just made the ROM public. So don't be a requesting WEENIE or you lost the future privilege of testing. AND YES... I am keeping track! Otherwise whats the point of being a testor and helping?

Finally, for the people I have given the link to for testing. In my PM to you, I persoanally asked you not to share it. This includes mirroring it on other places! If I wanted it public, I would have just done that. Your responsability of testing for me and TRUST of me to send you the link, means you honor my request to not distribute! If I find you violated this trust, you will never be a tester for me again. Sorry to be so harsh about this but again... If I wanted it shared, I would have just made it public!

Bob
          Last edited by Finless; 02-20-2013, 09:36.
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: BETA - MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7 BETA TEST - Report thread

Originally posted by son View Post
            Probably because F11 is the standard key to hide the navbar?
            It was never before... Or at least I didn't have this respond before.

@Finless: sleep mode works great! Really happy that you put this in! Still testing...

Comment

@Finless: sleep mode works great! Really happy that you put this in! Still testing...
              Hmm, not sure about. I thought I read this somewhere else in a forum - but not sure on which Device/ROM.

Comment

This is an easy fix.... BUT it is because I added the Xbox controller KL files in. So you cant have it both ways.

So question. Can you luive with it? Or do I take them out and let total gamers put them in themselves?

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  This is an easy fix.... BUT it is because I added the Xbox controller KL files in. So you cant have it both ways.

So question. Can you luive with it? Or do I take them out and let total gamers put them in themselves?

Bob
                  I still have 1.6 version and this is my first post(got my mk808 recently)

I remmaped my keyboard to have specific menu/back keys on the F1/F2 etc. and I'm guessing the problem is the keyboard he is using has the same VID PID as the xbox. is that it?
                  then throw in a script to delete the xbox file(and others) if not needed by the user.
                  keep it in the "desktop" so that users can see it the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by philocritus View Post
                    I still have 1.6 version and this is my first post(got my mk808 recently)

I remmaped my keyboard to have specific menu/back keys on the F1/F2 etc. and I'm guessing the problem is the keyboard he is using has the same VID PID as the xbox. is that it?
                    then throw in a script to delete the xbox file(and others) if not needed by the user.
                    keep it in the "desktop" so that users can see it the first time.
                    good idea, a script would be great - so the users can choose.

Comment

Hi Finless,

So I started trying 1.7 this evening. My first impressions are very positive. Antutu gave me a score of 9890, using 1272 MHz and interactive Governor.
                      Two things I noticed so far:I have the Flymouse RC11 (as I guess many do). I have installed an app called External Keyboard Helper Pro. Now when I push the volume down button on the Flymouse, not only does the volume go down, but also the navbar disappeares and reappeares... Any idea what might cause this? It's a handy option, but not on that key
                      You can if you want remap vol keys in your imput device:
                      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                      My devices:
                      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                      Gearbest.com)
                      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Test

Hello!
                        And here are my first test results.

Installing the FW wasn´t any problem, because "Reboot to Bootloader" in 1.6 worked fine
                        I hate the part with the needle in the casinghole, or should i say in my finger *aua*

First impression nice clean and all new .

Took standard old launcher for first tests. Btw is there an setting where i can activate the new one?

Antutu test with clean system said 98xx.

My Lan-Connection runs smooth. But i needed 2 to 3 tries to get the stick to remeber the Lan settings after reboot. But i think the problem was in front of the keyboard.

Bluetooth:
                        Till now only tried data-transfer between the stick and my pc, but this works fine.

W-LAN:
                        Not tested yet. cause i´m a fan of wires. Only thing i can say right now is that it connects to an B/G an to an B/G/N router, but thats all.

Played a little with the integrated apps. All seems to work smoth.

But i´ve a questions:
                        Have you integrated any kind of FTP support?
                        Or do you know a good ftp app (best woud be server and/or client)?

frog2001

P.S.: Skype works fine with cam and sound, now i´m going to get a good mouse and keyboard. For the start the RC12 was good, but now it sucks.
                        MK808B (Original with BT, not the clone)
                        Finless 1.7 beta (still testing)

9 voices in my head are saying: "You are not mad"
                        The tenth whistles the melody of Tetris

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                          You can if you want remap vol keys in your imput device:
                          http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=3840
                          Hi, I appreciate the options you're handing out! As my kids and wife all use this device, and the button has the picture of volume down on the F11 key, keeping it for this function would be my preference.

@Finless: the option for an app or script enabling or disabling this sounds like a good idea, but it has to be doable of course.

Also, today my wife encountered the problem regarding getting the screen unlocked when the nav bar is off (after sleep mode). She was able to slide the unlocker to the right, but the screen went into "no input" mode after that. Only option was to take out the power cord and reboot. I think this is the same issue mentioned earlier.

Edit: I read back and I don't see this problem regarding unlocking the screen in previous posts. Is this something others encounter? To make the issue more clear:

I have the sleep mode set to "put in sleep mode after 30 minutes inactive". This happened last night, and unlocking this morning was no problem. This afternoon however, my kids had been playing with the device, and they hid the nav bar. When they were finished, they turned of the TV, and after 30 minutes the MK808 went into sleep mode. After an hour or so they wanted to do another game. They clicked on the RC11 and the unlock screen came up. The nav bar was still hidden. When they unlocked, the screen went blank, stating that there was no input to the HDMI port. After turning of the television and turning it back on, the unlock screen came back up. Unfortunately the same thing happened when they tried to unlock. Only way to get back into the device was to take out the power cord and reboot.

As this didn't happen this morning with the nav bar showing, I'm assuming this is the reason why this problem occurred.
                          Last edited by KasSGT; 02-20-2013, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by frog2001 View Post
                            Hello!
                            And here are my first test results.

Installing the FW wasn´t any problem, because "Reboot to Bootloader" in 1.6 worked fine
                            I hate the part with the needle in the casinghole, or should i say in my finger *aua*

First impression nice clean and all new .

Took standard old launcher for first tests. Btw is there an setting where i can activate the new one?

Antutu test with clean system said 98xx.

My Lan-Connection runs smooth. But i needed 2 to 3 tries to get the stick to remeber the Lan settings after reboot. But i think the problem was in front of the keyboard.

Bluetooth:
                            Till now only tried data-transfer between the stick and my pc, but this works fine.

W-LAN:
                            Not tested yet. cause i´m a fan of wires. Only thing i can say right now is that it connects to an B/G an to an B/G/N router, but thats all.

Played a little with the integrated apps. All seems to work smoth.

But i´ve a questions:
                            Have you integrated any kind of FTP support?
                            Or do you know a good ftp app (best woud be server and/or client)?

frog2001

P.S.: Skype works fine with cam and sound, now i´m going to get a good mouse and keyboard. For the start the RC12 was good, but now it sucks.
                            I personally use a HP Wireless Elite v1 keyboard i picked up a couple years ago
                            this link is for the version 2 http://www.amazon.com/HP-Wireless-El...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

And I am using a Microsoft Arc touch Mouse I picked up the same time as the keyboard

Both seem to be working extremely well. And might I suggest FTPcafe FTP client you can find on GPlay

Jim
                            MK808 Tapatalk II

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              Hey all... I just want to generically respond to BETA test PM's I have gotten. It has been overwhelming to be honestly. Almost too much to handle. So I must state why you might have not gotten a response from me.

1) If you have never made a post here on FreakTab. Then sorry. I wont include you. No offense but participation on this forum is key. The reason here is, non-participation means just that! I don't trust I will get feedback from you! Sorry to be this way and I know you might be a big talker elsewhere on other forums, but this is my home and where I expect feedback. 0 posts from requesters here, sorry.... You wont be in the test.

2) Other devices! Look this is a BETA test. I need feedback from people that own the exact device! If your using a S80X whatever, I am sorry. I am not looking for feedback on how it works on a device my ROM was not made for. Please understand the reason. This ROM is in testing for JUST the exact device. I am not looking for feedback on how it works for some other device. It's not that I do not care, but I want to fix things for the device the ROM was intended for. Later we can do things for ports to other devices.

So sorry. If you did not get a response from me via your PM, you fell into the 2 categories above. If you feel you are not in one of the categories above, PM me again. Trust, I get a lot of PMs from people and I appologize if I somehow messed up on responding.

Also... THANKS FOR TESTING! I thank the people I have sent this to who have already input. HOWEVER, If I sent you the link and you never give input to this testing, do not ever expect to be part of another ROM test. You are required to give input. Otherwise I would have just made the ROM public. So don't be a requesting WEENIE or you lost the future privilege of testing. AND YES... I am keeping track! Otherwise whats the point of being a testor and helping?

Finally, for the people I have given the link to for testing. In my PM to you, I persoanally asked you not to share it. This includes mirroring it on other places! If I wanted it public, I would have just done that. Your responsability of testing for me and TRUST of me to send you the link, means you honor my request to not distribute! If I find you violated this trust, you will never be a tester for me again. Sorry to be so harsh about this but again... If I wanted it shared, I would have just made it public!

Bob
                              I personally agree wholeheartedly with Bob, I'm not pointing fingers but, it takes some nerve for someone to come in here and rob him OF his trust by posting links to his ROM without permission and to ask for things not related to what is going on. Look up the word Beta and RESPECT BOB'S WISHES...... that said, I personally am glad to be a part, and appreciate those of you who do and, stick to the matter at hand. Its no fun when someone comes in here and starts asking for changes or add ons and not even worked this over.

So PLEASE be respectful as I would hate to lose BOB or discourage him from future releases, I for one have enjoyed my time and learning from him.

On to the matter at hand....

After testing the original release with as many demanding apps that I could think of, trying other kernels like 2dark4u and kriz, I believe that the way Bob had it packed originally is the most stable.
                              Minor glitch in volume when switching from say YouTube i will experience some decrease in vol. i only use the stock vol settings and do not have a fancy super stereo with streaming music. I have kept it fairly basic with the min of devices. DroidMote works good, for those of you that have tried WiMoRx, i was successful in connection but not in function, i could navigate and post anything on my Razr M screen to the TV but, it jumped around like a frog in a frying pan. WiFi connectivity is great for me.
                              This thing usually Boots for me in under 30sec provided i havent made any significant changes.
                              All in all I personally believe this to be one of the best releases to date. CHEERS

Jim
                              MK808 Tapatalk II

Comment

Originally posted by kididaho View Post
                                I personally agree wholeheartedly with Bob, I'm not pointing fingers but, it takes some nerve for someone to come in here and rob him OF his trust by posting links to his ROM without permission and to ask for things not related to what is going on. Look up the word Beta and RESPECT BOB'S WISHES...... that said, I personally am glad to be a part, and appreciate those of you who do and, stick to the matter at hand. Its no fun when someone comes in here and starts asking for changes or add ons and not even worked this over.

So PLEASE be respectful as I would hate to lose BOB or discourage him from future releases, I for one have enjoyed my time and learning from him.

On to the matter at hand....

After testing the original release with as many demanding apps that I could think of, trying other kernels like 2dark4u and kriz, I believe that the way Bob had it packed originally is the most stable.
                                Minor glitch in volume when switching from say YouTube i will experience some decrease in vol. i only use the stock vol settings and do not have a fancy super stereo with streaming music. I have kept it fairly basic with the min of devices. DroidMote works good, for those of you that have tried WiMoRx, i was successful in connection but not in function, i could navigate and post anything on my Razr M screen to the TV but, it jumped around like a frog in a frying pan. WiFi connectivity is great for me.
                                This thing usually Boots for me in under 30sec provided i havent made any significant changes.
                                All in all I personally believe this to be one of the best releases to date. CHEERS

Jim
                                MK808 Tapatalk II
                                +1
                                There is a thread in general, http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...or-future-ROMs here you can tell what things you want in the Roms that Bob makes, he shares his time and work with us, every developer or Rom modder spend a lot of time making ROMs, porting them or making kernels or apps for us, so please respect their work.
                                REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                                My devices:
                                Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                                MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                                Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                                Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                                Gearbest.com)
                                MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                                Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Working...
                                X