Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BETA - MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7 BETA TEST - Report thread

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    I just tested this on both my MK808 and the MK808 Sunvel clone. I do not have this problem at all!
    ARe you set for auto hide the status bar? Or are you hiding it manually using the down arrows?
    Are you running any other hide bar app or something?

ADB:
    Guess what, Using Kiz kernel version 4 on my MK808 ADB will not work!
    Are you guys that have trouble with ADB using some other kernel?

Bob

i tried the kriz and 2dark4u and didnt have a lot of luck with either one. lots of freezes and force closes. i may try again this weekend.

Jim
    MK808 Tapatalk II

Comment

ADB:

Bob
      My true MK808 is one of the recalcitrant ones. ADB and Fastboot never see it, no matter what kernel is on it: OEM, Finless, Kizs, Dero, Omegamoon, etc. Similarly, your ROM Flash Tool and the RKBatch Tool don't see it unless and until I push the flash button on the device.

Do you have any idea why mine won't reboot to Bootloader or recovery using the Reboot app?
      MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

ADB:

Bob
        Using the stock kernel patched to 1080p in mk808b (rk903) no adb access.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I reflashed 1.7 completely stock, then with cwm recovery, next with Omegamoon's 720p and1080p kernels. All attempts to boot to recovery (except the initial one) failed. My MK808 simply turns off, rather than boot into the Bootloader or Recovery.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in Scion xB)

Comment

MXPlayer strange behaviour on 1.7

Hi !
            I believe its similar for me.
            Seek Bar only shows very shortly, sometimes wild clicking works to jumt to other position in movie.
            Only had that on 1.7, not on Stock, not on CM10, not on 1.6 ?!?
            Changing kernel from Stock to OmegaMoon 1080p did not change this.
            I am not an expert but from the statistics i'd say it IS related to the Firmware.

Also it is EXTREMELY hard to enter press the menu button top right (3 points) and IF i ma ge to do MXPlayer will crash when i press "settings" so i cannot enter them.
            If i startup MX Player w/o movie i got enough time but stimm MXPlayer crahes when entering settings.

Strange enough...

Greetings,

Ender

Originally posted by KasSGT View Post
            Hi Bob,

Tried this, but unfortunately doesn't fix the issue. The issue is: When nav bar shows, no problem regarding showing info when left clicking. When nav bar hidden, information shows a fraction of a sec when left clicking.

I changed the delay from 2 to 4 and to 8 secs. worked fine with nav bar showing, but no change when nav bar hidden (showes only a fraction of a sec).

As you point out it's not a ROM thing, I asume this only happens to me. Any other users recognize this behaviour?

Comment

Originally posted by exglynco View Post
              I reflashed 1.7 completely stock, then with cwm recovery, next with Omegamoon's 720p and1080p kernels. All attempts to boot to recovery (except the initial one) failed. My MK808 simply turns off, rather than boot into the Bootloader or Recovery.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in Scion xB)
              Try to open a terminal emulator and type that:
              su
              reboot recovery

Does it boot to recovery?
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

hi friends

anyone has a downloadlink for me ????? sitting here with my MK808b in update mode :-)

thx

herby

Comment

Originally posted by herby68 View Post
                  hi friends

anyone has a downloadlink for me ????? sitting here with my MK808b in update mode :-)

thx

herby
                  Only Finless can give it to you... I also recommend tat you read the posts in this thread from Finless... anybody gives you a link other than Finless that person will no longer be a part of beta testers. So right now there is NO link for this ROM. Read the entire thread.

Jim
                  XT907 Tapatalk II

Comment

Finless 1.7 Beta ROM review

Hi Guys, Rivers here from somecooltech on YouTube.
                    I've been testing the Beta version of the finless 1.7 ROM for the MK808. I have the SS808 which is just the MK808 "made" by Sain Smart. It's hard for me critique this ROM when there are so many good things about it. First off is it fixes a lot of issues I was having on the old 1080p ROM. Mainly I got a lot of video flicker on my only 1080p ROM. It also runs as fast as (or faster in Anutut) than some of the earlier 720P ROMs. Antutu Scored 9543 for me! For comparison my galaxy S3 which is super loaded down with a million apps gets about 10000. Amazing.
                    Also the new larger icons look awesome!

Ok here's a few of the issues and some of them may be caused by the apps and not the ROM.

I've had it go to sleep mode and unable to wake up. I think it's actually shutdown because the power light went off. Either that or its in deep sleep mode and I don't know how to wake it up. It could have to do with one of the peripherals I have plugged in. I have an air mouse, USB to Ethernet adapter, Logitech C525 webcam, and a wireless mouse plugged into a USB hub.
                    When playing certain 1080p MKVs (3GB ) I could move the slider bar forward to skip ahead only once. Every time after that I was stuck in the same place in the movie. This happened in the stock video player app, and MX Player.

USB to Ethernet adapter densest connect automatically when rebooted. You have to go in and toggle it to get your network connection. Here's my adapter http://amzn.to/UpNJjJ

Time doesn't save after reboot unless you use Automatic network provided time. Not a big deal at all though.

Go launcher HD is having some lag problems. It's much slower than it has been on most other android minis.

Ultimate backup pro shuts down quite a bit during restore of my apps. Probably 5 or 6 times but I did eventually get all my apps restored.

Anyway these are small things. Over all this ROM seems very polished and I'm super happy with all the new features.

Thanks Bob,
                    Rivers

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                      Try to open a terminal emulator and type that:
                      su
                      reboot recovery

Does it boot to recovery?
                      No, my MK808 only turns off. I cannot get into recovery I have tried many software methods, but nothing works. I've also tried pushing the flash button before, during, and after booting. Nothing works.

Sent from my rooted MK808 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by enderffx View Post
                        Hi !
                        I believe its similar for me.
                        Seek Bar only shows very shortly, sometimes wild clicking works to jumt to other position in movie.
                        Only had that on 1.7, not on Stock, not on CM10, not on 1.6 ?!?
                        Changing kernel from Stock to OmegaMoon 1080p did not change this.
                        I am not an expert but from the statistics i'd say it IS related to the Firmware.

Also it is EXTREMELY hard to enter press the menu button top right (3 points) and IF i ma ge to do MXPlayer will crash when i press "settings" so i cannot enter them.
                        If i startup MX Player w/o movie i got enough time but stimm MXPlayer crahes when entering settings.

Strange enough...

Greetings,

Ender
                        Why can I not recreate this problem? Are you guys side loading MX player or getting the latest and greatest from Google Play. I just installed it from Google Play and again, I am not having this issue nor can recreate it.

I am going to need to help and detailed explanation of what exactly your doing and how in order to debug this. Maybe someone can make a video? Maybe it is a specific movie or video format? e.g. like RIOvers said with his MKV video (which are known issues anyway).

More help to debug this please.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Rivers, just some quick answers

1) Time cannot be saved on a reboot. Reason. There is no battery in these units to save time!

2) Sleep. As I said in my readme, if you do not have a active wifi or ethernet connection sleep will shut it down instead of simple sleep.

3) Ethernet not on after reboot. I think this is going to be driver related. My ethernet stick does come up live on reboot but it takes a few seconds (like 15) to reconnect after the OS comes up. I will try to work on this more.

4) MX Player. Please make sure you have the latest from Gplay and do not side load it. As you see from others, MX player seems to have some issues with the hide status bar. Yet I cannot recreate it. Also this could just be a MKV format thing since I see many people report issues about playing MKV files. I dunno until I can receate this stuff.

Now one last tip to everyone. If your using wifi, please go into wifi advanced settings and set wifi to NEVER sleep when system sleeps. I thnk this will help a lot of things.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by exglynco View Post
                            No, my MK808 only turns off. I cannot get into recovery I have tried many software methods, but nothing works. I've also tried pushing the flash button before, during, and after booting. Nothing works.

Sent from my rooted MK808 using Tapatalk 2
                            Have you flashed any other ROMs before? Opening a terminal and typing reboot bootloader is a kernel thing. For instance, my Arnova 10 kernel does not support this. If you flashed some other ROMs and currently have a kernel where support for this is removed, it will never work until you manually enter flash mode and flash with tools.

Bob

Comment

Related to MXPLAYER issue, I don't have this issue you comented, works fine for me. MXPLAYER from google play (free versión)
                              Using mk808b(rk903) stock kernel patched 1080p and Finless Beta 1.7
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                                Related to MXPLAYER issue, I don't have this issue you comented, works fine for me. MXPLAYER from google play (free versión)
                                Using mk808b(rk903) stock kernel patched 1080p and Finless Beta 1.7
                                Yes Leo, this is why I asked people if they side loaded some older version or something or Titanium backup has restored some bad version? I cannot recreate any of these problems and I have tried like hell to do so!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X