No announcement yet.

MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed Finless 1.7c and running perfect!

Bob and all,
    1) What kernel do you recommend to get a stable 1.6 Ghz?
    2) We can activate the zoom mouse only wheel scrolling? Without pressing the wheel button.
    3) How best thread to post about WiFi Display? I want to post something.

Originally posted by dpejakovic View Post
    I install wifi analyzer and readings r (ch 11 2462 MHz , -66dBm)
    Now i have internet after reboot device...
    And thanks!
    I had problems with WiFi, showed how connected and less than 20 Mbps, and the MK808 is on the side of the router WiFi. After the first or second restart (can not remember), it was okay (65 Mbps).

PS: I install the TV QuickSupport by Google Play, I thought it would not work, but I tried, and realy It did not work . Authenticates, but in time to capture the screen an error message is displayed.

--
    MhagnumDw

Comment

I flashed rom 1.7c to my Minix Neo G4 with no modifications and no errors using the multiple files with the flash tool. However, it stops at boot screen (the fancy one) then nothing, restarted several times no success.

Hint 1.001: Beforehand I was able to flash rom 1.7 using an image only from another forum, it worked well no problems. So, can I flash only the system file (4xx,xxx mb) from 1.7c with rkbatchtool? Or do I have to flash all other files too?

Hint 1.002: I reverted back to stock 4.1.1 (fortunately).

Comment

FLASH MODE

thanks bob for all your work!

i didnt understand one little thing though - do you need to connect external power supply while flashing the ROM ? or only the power from the USB is enough for flashing?

the device is MK808.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by blackra1n View Post

i didnt understand one little thing though - do you need to connect external power supply while flashing the ROM ? or only the power from the USB is enough for flashing?

the device is MK808.

thanks!
          nop, no external PS just USB to OTG port and thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackra1n View Post

the device is MK808.

thanks!
            But if you want to go to settings -> usb -> "connect to pc" you will need to have a mouse. and that one you must plug into otg as well... so

Comment

Originally posted by entonjackson View Post
              But if you want to go to settings -> usb -> "connect to pc" you will need to have a mouse. and that one you must plug into otg as well... so
              but thats not necessary if all you want is to flash your device.

To do the "connect to pc" is only necessary if you want to connect to your mk808 and transfer files or do thing to the filesystem after you flashed it.

Comment

Originally posted by micked View Post

To do the "connect to pc" is only necessary if you want to connect to your mk808 and transfer files or do thing to the filesystem after you flashed it.
                No, sir. This was the only way i could make windows 7 recognize that a new hardware is plugged in. And i tried everything from the readme!

Comment

oki, good to know.

tried a few w7 and all I have had to do is to hold the clip/switch down and connect the usb to the otg port while pressing the switch, well computers... cant live with them, cant kill them

Comment

No, sir. This was the only way i could make windows 7 recognize that a new hardware is plugged in. And i tried everything from the readme!
                    Windows will not recognize the Mk808 in "flashing mode" properly, you have to install the driver.
                    - unplug all the cables from the Mk808,
                    - press the hidden reset button,
                    - while pressing this hidden button, plug the USB cable into the OTG port, and connect it to the PC
                    - when Windows starts beeping, you can release the reset button
                    - Windows driver install will fail at first time. You have to go device manager, search for something with yellow question mark on it. Update the driver by selecting manually the driver files in the rkbachtool directory
                    - that's it, now the mk808 is recognized properly, you can run the flash tool.

Comment

Originally posted by vlevi View Post
                      Windows will not recognize the Mk808 in "flashing mode" properly, you have to install the driver.
                      - unplug all the cables from the Mk808,
                      - press the hidden reset button,
                      - while pressing this hidden button, plug the USB cable into the OTG port, and connect it to the PC
                      - when Windows starts beeping, you can release the reset button
                      - Windows driver install will fail at first time. You have to go device manager, search for something with yellow question mark on it. Update the driver by selecting manually the driver files in the rkbachtool directory
                      - that's it, now the mk808 is recognized properly, you can run the flash tool.

I as mentioned, i tried everything from the readme.txt and your way is also described there. and it did not work.
                      Oh and btw, windows 7 has installed drivers on its own, i had no need for the drivers, bob delivers in his zip file.

Comment

thank you all for your quick responses !

its clear now.

Comment

I have the MK808 in use since yesterday, and first thing i did was flashing Finless 1.7c.
                          But i find that browsing with Chrome is extremely slow, although i have 2-3 bars wifi signal and 32Mbit bandwidth.

Is this normal, because the MK808 is not the strongest machine?

Comment

Chrome

I have the MK808 in use since yesterday, and first thing i did was flashing Finless 1.7c.
                            But i find that browsing with Chrome is extremely slow, although i have 2-3 bars wifi signal and 32Mbit bandwidth.

Is this normal, because the MK808 is not the strongest machine?
                            I dont think so. I use HTC Desire smartphone (singe core, 0,5 GB flash, 900 MHz CPU, Android 4.2.1 form xda-developers) and Chrome works like a charm for me.

Comment

I have MK808-B (original) and I'm currently using Finless ROM v.1.6. The only significant issue that I have with this ROM is malfunction of Skype. I can't make any (audio only and video) calls. Incoming and outgoing calls are dropped after 2-3 seconds after the call is initiated.

For that reason I want to try v.1.7. Does anyone that also has MK808-B is experiencing the same issue with v.1.7?

Comment

Originally posted by micked View Post

MK808B (rk903) on Windows 7 x64 (with drivers installed) I have to turn on "connect to pc" RKBatchtool otherwise does not display the pink box and Finless flashtool does not find "RK Android USB mass storage."
                                To send in Flashmode I use the "switch" to RkBatchtool because the tool by Finless error "reboot to flash mode".

The problem is that if one day I should have problems with nand corrupted, how do I connect the MK to the PC if I can not activate "Connected to PC"?

P.S: I installed 1.6a and 1.7

Comment

Working...
                                X