Lollipop - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
    What would I need to try this on the UT3? Any plans for an SD boot version?
    Thanks.

I would say the same as for the other vendors boxes, the Lollipop images specific to each ones unique functionality.

I reckon that soon we will likely see all the vendors release their own updated ROM's now that the sources will be available from Rockchip for them to customise.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I would say the same as for the other vendors boxes, the Lollipop images specific to each ones unique functionality.

I reckon that soon we will likely see all the vendors release their own updated ROM's now that the sources will be available from Rockchip for them to customise.
      Yeah, I just wanted to mess with it. So I would not care that some of the brand-specific features were missing. Still, might be better to wait.
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I've installed the Lollypop rom again to do some more testing. The ez-root tool from Bob Finless did not work: error / not a valid update package!
        But I was able to install TWRP 2.8.4.0 with Oma's "TWRP/CWM Flash-Tool & Root" from Crew RKTablets. (Root-Tool did not work). Got root- access with installing the "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip" from Chainfire.
        So I could install TI-Backup and tried to restore all my apps. After several apps restore stopped. Looks like not enough memory.
        Full HD-videos are running stutter free with eHomeMediaCenter on TV. The black screen bug (on lower/right screen edge) is only when using launcher not within app-screen. Screen size does not allways fit despite adjusting creen scale in settings.
        Here some Antutu screenshots:
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
        Last edited by uli-hh; 06-21-2015, 23:33.

Comment

Hi All, lollipop wasser firmware version 3.0.0 beta2 (still uploading, the upload process will take about 1 hour, please be patient!).
          For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

Enjoy and dont forget to post feedbacks

Wasser

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Thank you Wasser for the new version. Just tried out beta2. Status/notification bar and root is working. The black screen bug (on lower & right screen edge) is still there and now even within app-screen.
            New bug found: external SD is not mounted on boot sequence. After unplug and replug SD is found but is not readable.
            So I can't restore the TI-backup.
            Last edited by uli-hh; 06-22-2015, 14:15.

Comment

Same findings as uli-hh, additionally, very limited internal storage only .96GB. Installed SPMC but it crashes when I try to play a video. Downloaded the nightly Kodi, but it could not install because not enough storage. Did not test WiFi or Ethernet or Netflix.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Uninstalled SPMC and installed kodi nightly. Dolby Digital and DTS both play, but with the audio hickup every 3 seconds.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks for Lollipop. But in future build please disable force encryption of /userdata.

Comment

Originally posted by uli-hh View Post
                    Thank you Wasser for the new version. Just tried out beta2. Status/notification bar and root is working. The black screen bug (on lower & right screen edge) is still there and now even within app-screen.
                    New bug found: eternal SD is not mounted on boot sequence. After unplug and replug SD is found but is not readable.
                    So I can't restore the TI-backup.
                    The black screen bug is now fixed. Does it work in beta1? if yes it seems a regression in beta2

Wasser

Comment

quickly tested beta2 on r28

bugs

black screen when mouse is on the lower screen edge, this also happens when activating air mouse
                      screen scale problems, goes back to default in a while
                      status bar hides, but comes back, need always hide (on boot) function and press button hide/show function
                      saw some artifacts in SPMC when sliding through menu (only once though)

OK's

power button works including sleep (red led)
                      lan OK
                      wifi OK
                      bt OK
                      root OK
                      SPMC 14.2 Playback OK
                      sound OK (didnt test passthrough)

Havent seen mute issue so far

Overal pretty good beta good job keep it up

will keep testing

Comment

Hi All,

lollipop wasser firmware version 3.0.0 beta3 is release. For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by Jabader View Post
                          Thanks for Lollipop. But in future build please disable force encryption of /userdata.
                          its's fixed in beta3

Comment

Thanks Wasser!
                            If I flash Lillipop and I wanna go back to KitKat, cause any problem?

Comment

Originally posted by lingam View Post
                              Thanks Wasser!
                              If I flash Lillipop and I wanna go back to KitKat, cause any problem?

no

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                                Hi All,

lollipop wasser firmware version 3.0.0 beta3 is release. For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

Wasser
                                Just I caught sound mute bug
                                And on AP6210 wifi dont work
                                Last edited by digitalriver; 06-22-2015, 20:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X