Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gun-fan View Post
    Sorry my English.

(1) Today when I watch movies from the Internet, sound is muted.
    (2) Every time I turn on the tv box, the correct settings of ScreenScale are violated.
    Ad 1) Which video player do you use?
    In MXPlayer (I didn't try other players) hardware decode for AC3 and DTS sound tracks isn't working in this firmware. What's more from version 1.7.34 software decode for these audio codecs were removed (as it is true for almost every player from Google Play store). Only way is to install custom codecs for MXplayer and it will "magically" unmute video from internet where AC3 and DTS are most common audio codecs.

Ad 2) Known problem.
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Are there any plans to provide the Android TV setup as well?

Comment

Hi wasser. I test version 3.0.0 betta 5 (ubox 8gb). After switching off the remote control, the remote stops working. Turn on box only button in box After rebooting all normal. HDMI mode after restarting 50. I have to stand all the time 60. And volume down in 0.
        Last edited by AndreyZ1980; 06-29-2015, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post

Ad 1) Which video player do you use?
          In MXPlayer (I didn't try other players) hardware decode for AC3 and DTS sound tracks isn't working in this firmware. What's more from version 1.7.34 software decode for these audio codecs were removed (as it is true for almost every player from Google Play store). Only way is to install custom codecs for MXplayer and it will "magically" unmute video from internet where AC3 and DTS are most common audio codecs.

Ad 2) Known problem.
          1) In this case, the MX player is not to blame. The problem with the sound repeated itself when I played the AngryBird game. The same situation was in the Vasser's firmware v2.0,x.

Comment

Hi wasser!
            When can we expect the fimware update?
            Thanks!
            Last edited by Mario023; 06-30-2015, 17:23.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post

just do flash only the kernel.img, resource.img and system.img. Please backup your userdata before do that !!!

Wasser
              Don't understand wouldn't kernel in 09 be different the lollipop rom? Resources and system ok but Kernel??
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Don't understand wouldn't kernel in 09 be different the lollipop rom? Resources and system ok but Kernel??
                That was answer to my question about method to update from Lolipop beta 3 to beta 5 without loosing files on userdata partition (data + emulated SD).

I can confirm it works. Only concern is that I didn't reflash boot.img which is also updated in beta 5 but there were minimal changes (3 binary files and mount points in fstab.rk30board.bootmode.unknown).

Other note you shouldn't use resource.img from completly different kernel.
                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Lollipop seems to solve Alot if issues for the 3288 streams better video quality much better and studders seem to be gone on mouse and in videos. I am hoping I can get this to work on the mk902ii as even with 2 dead usb ports I like it way better then the kitkat roms.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Version 3.0.0 beta5:
                    By FAR, the best ROM yet!
                    1. All of my streaming "Live TV" apps (i.e. Watch ESPN, Amazon Prime, etc.) are working better than ever
                      1. I was never able to get Watch ESPN to work for more than 20 minutes without crashing on kitKat. Works perfectly now!
                    2. Very minimal stuttering
                    3. No issues with Kodi via Google Play
                    4. Audio sounds great.

Improvements needed (minor things):

1. Some apps will switch out of landscape mode without the ability to switch back. Perhaps the "Rotate" feature should be disabled altogether?
                    2. Display/Positioning needs to be tightened up a bit.
                    3. Auto-Mute issue (fixed in OpenHour) still persistent.

* Please don't integrate Root into the device in future releases. Also, is it possible you will ever get the assistance necessary to roll these updates out automatically through the RK3288 "Update" feature, like Open Hour or the manufacturers? I will happily continue with this method; however, it would sure be nice to not have to use AndroidTools again. The process is a nightmare!

Last edited by Luxilon; 07-03-2015, 19:43.
                    Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

Originally posted by Luxilon View Post
                      Improvements needed (minor things):
                      1. Some apps will switch out of landscape mode without the ability to switch back. Perhaps the "Rotate" feature should be disabled altogether?
                      2. Display/Positioning needs to be tightened up a bit.

3.* Please don't integrate Root into the device in future releases. Also, is it possible you will ever get the assistance necessary to roll these updates out automatically through the RK3288 "Update" feature, like Open Hour or the manufacturers? I will happily continue with this method; however, it would sure be nice to not have to use AndroidTools again. The process is a nightmare!
                      Ad. 1. I couldn't find any setting in this ROM that will have any effect on this issue. That's why I use "Set Orientation" app.
                      Ad. 2. You should change HDMI Display Scale in Settings. It is now perfect for PC monitors.

Ad. 3. I understand that you do not need Root access especially when using streaming services which doesn't like this but otherwise it is very welcome feature. Check "Tincore Keymapper" and you will know. Nevertheless it would be good to have possibility to remove that.

Comment

Seeing that other R28 users have successfully flashed this ROM I decided to give it a try.

After flashing and the boot into recovery, I receive 3 error messages regarding an inability to mount metadata and then after data and cache has been formatted, there is a rebooting prompt but I have to switch off and on to reboot.

Then on starting all that is shown is the boot animation.

I gave it 15 minutes before realising that it wasn't going to boot.

Unsure as to why it won't boot.

On the subject of rooting, I would always prefer ROM's to be rooted by default.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                          Then on starting all that is shown is the boot animation.
                          I gave it 15 minutes before realising that it wasn't going to boot.
                          Unsure as to why it won't boot.
                          This is probably connected with wrong partitioning of internal storage. It is advised to flash Wasser's KK 2.0.9a ROM first.

That problem should be fixed in the next beta.

Comment

I can certainly see why users would want their ROMs rooted by default; however, I would think you guys are in the minority. Streaming apps should take precedence, since after all, this box is almost useless without these apps, for most users anyways. Also, I just think it's faulty logic to require somebody to UN-Root; in my experience this causes more problems than the alternative.

I can change the scale setting in "Display," however, once I reboot, the device goes back to being out of scale (top notification bar disappears).

Regardless, this is a great ROM! Hope everybody is enjoying the GIANT leap forward with Lollipop.
                            Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                              This is probably connected with wrong partitioning of internal storage. It is advised to flash Wasser's KK 2.0.9a ROM first.

That problem should be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks.

I'll do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Luxilon View Post
                                I can certainly see why users would want their ROMs rooted by default; however, I would think you guys are in the minority. Streaming apps should take precedence, since after all, this box is almost useless without these apps, for most users anyways. Also, I just think it's faulty logic to require somebody to UN-Root; in my experience this causes more problems than the alternative.

I can change the scale setting in "Display," however, once I reboot, the device goes back to being out of scale (top notification bar disappears).

Regardless, this is a great ROM! Hope everybody is enjoying the GIANT leap forward with Lollipop.

I'm not sure that they would be in the minority because with root, there are many other advantages.

I've never had an issue with streaming apps but I guess it depends on who is using what that determines their own priorities.

But yes, Lollipop is one step forward and with seeming great promise.

Comment

Working...
                                X