Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
    Hi Clement
    thanks for Feedback,i have the same ON/OFF Problems with my UT3 and latest 3.0.4 from Ugoos and Audio & Video
    always Stutters with Wifi On/OFF nothing.
    Same Stutter behavior with other 5.1Roms.
    Do you or others have Problems like that???
    Did you changed the wlan0 to eth0 ,too??? or only added 13.

have a nice Day

gefattern

Only added 13 in build.prop. Havent notice stutter issue.

Comment

Going back to 2.0.9a as I am having issue with the green screen. Need to unplug and replug the hdmi cable to get the correct colors on screen. It happens randomly and stays green when it does.

Comment

Hi Clement
        it looks like that some Devices are not made for LP and i really cant understand why they are not still support 4.4.2.
        Open Hour still supports it.

Have a nice Day

gefattern

Comment

How are you guys flashing xposed? Are you guys doing it through adb because I can't select anything in recovery. The keyboard I have plugged in can't navigate the menu and the remote doesn't work either. For my MiniX X8-H Plus, my wireless keyboard and mouse can navigate the recovery menu.

Comment

Originally posted by iamsamsamiam View Post
            How are you guys flashing xposed? Are you guys doing it through adb because I can't select anything in recovery. The keyboard I have plugged in can't navigate the menu and the remote doesn't work either. For my MiniX X8-H Plus, my wireless keyboard and mouse can navigate the recovery menu.
            Flash a TWRP Recovery. I got my from Crewtablets : http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=6101

About TV-Out...i tried now everything suggested here in the thread...it doesn't work for my tv...always shows "no signal" while 3.0.4 worked...only the boot logo (wasser) was not visible

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
              Hi Clement
              it looks like that some Devices are not made for LP and i really cant understand why they are not still support 4.4.2.
              Open Hour still supports it.

Have a nice Day

gefattern

Hmm, I dont't have this issue with 3.0.4a via Ethernet as wifi was not working. When wifi started working on 3.0.5, the screen goes green.

Comment

Hi Wasser,

Thanks for your work ! I have a question: does this new version include patches to detect correctly the resolution of Lapdock, which requires a patch (see e.g. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...solution/page2 )

Thanks again

EDIT: It does work. Amazing !
                Last edited by dkcm; 05-17-2016, 07:49.

Comment

v3.0.5 Online...

Comment

how to use Miracast for android, help me

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                      3.0.4a initial feedback

GUI - Smooth as silk and very responsive all round.

WiFi/Ethernet - As fast as usual.

Adjust display refresh rate - With this turned on, after a few minutes, any app that was loaded was met with a mainly plain coloured background screen and without the option of seeing any options. Turning it off, things were as they should be.

Connect to PC - Usually I am accustomed to the R28 being shown as a device that allows me to access the internal storage but now only shows up as an Android adb device. Update - ignore this. I had simply forgotten to set the USB storage to MTP and working perfectly.

VPN - Tested Cyberghost and VPN unlimited and all work perfectly and even better, connect instantaneously, which I have not seen before.

All tests carried out over 5Ghz WiFi and with HDMI passthrough.

Kodi - With so many Kodi versions floating about I decided to try a couple that Superceleron posted yesterday based on 16.1RC, one based on Zidoo and the RK. I;ll say right now that the Zidoo version performed better.
                      In fact it was so good that for the first time ever with an Android device, every single one of my multitude of test videos played back flawlessly. Not a single dropped frame, jitter at all. All video that also had 5.1 and dts was also perfect. Quite astonishing. Anything with DTS-HD and the other advanced audio formats just played with a crackle and hiss, as expected with my soundbar, although I had hoped that the audio would be downgraded. The RK Kodi was still very good but there were usual suspect videos that displayed some amount of juddering/jitter. The only advantage that the RK version had was that any video selected played instantaneously, whereas the Zidoo version would queue up with a black screen for a few seconds before playing. But the Zidoo played everything. 4k, 10 bit, MKV, MP4, MPG, you name it, it played it perfectly and with brilliant colour reproduction.

MX Player with custom audio codec - On the whole, excellent, although there were one or two of the usual suspects (pole to pole for example) that has the minor jitter on occasion. 5.1 and dts was perfect and with regards to the advanced dolby audio, it does get downgraded, so what Kodi can't play audio wise, MX Player will with useable sound.

Youtube - Pretty much perfect across the board for 1080p. The very occasional frame drop, although this could be due to buffering. As good as I have seen Youtube perform.

iPlayer - As good as it usually is.

Frankly the best experience that I have had overall with an Android ROM and for me, the Rk3288 is still the best device that I have used overall.

Nice one Wasser

Superceleron has kindly given permission to share his build for others to test, so many thanks to him for that

I've dropped it to my dropbox account for anybody that wants it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jmuoi3ugf...60405.apk?dl=0

F
                      urther update:

After further repeated testing, I spotted something that I missed but should not have done.

When passthrough was enabled in Kodi, any 5.1 or DTS video showed video/audio sync issues, which at times could be quite vast.

I have found a workaround though.

1. Firstly, leave stereo upmix switched off in settings.
                      1. play the 5.1/DTS video and notice the sync issue.
                      2. Click on the audio and subtitle settings button on the on screen interface (speaker icon)
                      3. Turn on Stereo upmix. Screen will go blank for a couple of seconds and the video will resume playback.
                      4. Whilst the audio and subtitle settings is still up, turn off Stereo upmix. Screen will go blank for a couple of seconds and the video will resume playback.
                      5. Click the button for playback to start from the beginning and sync will now be perfect.

You will have to do this every time you play a video again but at least it works.

Also noted that if you skip through the video whilst playing, sync is maintained.

I downloaded this apk from your dropbox but it would not install for me on my R89 on 3.0.5 so I was unable to test it out in regards to spdif audio cutouts. All versions of Kodi and SPMC had audio dropouts and stutter/sync issues on 3.0.5 that I tested with DTS/AC3/Dolby Digital over SPDIF

I downgraded back to 3.0.2 and wasser's 15.2 Kodi to again resume smooth video playback with dts/ac2/dolby digital over spdif. I wish one of these newer firmwares combined with a 16.x Kodi would actually play vids smoothly without audio drops or sync issues.

Using the old version of Kodi is hampering my ability to use some add ons or test builds fully
                      Last edited by slyger; 05-22-2016, 22:28.

Comment

Hi Wasser, hi all

thx for your work.

Beeling R89B v.3.1 2/16GB

Sry for my bad english, I use the Box only over AV.

Firmware 3.02 is working good. Firmware 3.03 no picture after boot. Firmware 3.04 all thinks are very slowly, unable to work and to adjust the screen.

Firmware 3.05 for one second i see Wasser-Sign at boot, after that black-screen.

Tested on three TV

Comment

Originally posted by slyger View Post

I downloaded this apk from your dropbox but it would not install for me on my R89 on 3.0.5 so I was unable to test it out in regards to spdif audio cutouts. All versions of Kodi and SPMC had audio dropouts and stutter/sync issues on 3.0.5 that I tested with DTS/AC3/Dolby Digital over SPDIF

I downgraded back to 3.0.2 and wasser's 15.2 Kodi to again resume smooth video playback with dts/ac2/dolby digital over spdif. I wish one of these newer firmwares combined with a 16.x Kodi would actually play vids smoothly without audio drops or sync issues.

Using the old version of Kodi is hampering my ability to use some add ons or test builds fully

Did you uninstall your older version first before attempting the installation?
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

This is the reason rockchip needs to meet the api. Endless post re the same issue. Kodi video out sound not working each update breaks the fixes in the past releases. Its with every rk device only the few manufactures that fix it as they release software but its a on going issue.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes and that is why, if Kodi is going to be your primary use, then get a Windows box, because the same level of issues just don't exist in the way that it does across most Android machines.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

v3.0.5 works very bad. No one Kodi works fine.
                                I test yet v3.0.4

Comment

Working...
                                X