No announcement yet.

Lollipop - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the specs of your android tv power supply?
    Ubox R89 2/16Go(5v4a) + Tv panasonic 32 Full HD + Airmouse c120 + 1To 2.5 Toshiba HD.

Comment

Originally posted by mackie View Post
      I can connect to wifi on both channels, but this happens I never know when it will work agains it's so random, Even when I reboot the Ubox it stills doesnt work, I try a 1/2hours later and it works, I don't use ethernet now, but when I checked it was on. I tried to turn off the same thing happens with wifi. the psu to this unit is 5v/2A , could it be a problem with the psu?

Do you have any devices connected or installed (SD card, USB stick, hard drive etc)?

If so, strip things down to the bare essentials and see what happens with WiFi.

My R28 originally came with a 5v.2a AC adapter but I replaced it early on with a 5v.3a, so if power could affect things, stripping things to the bare bones might be a pointer.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I have an external hard drive 500gb and an airmouse c120, stripping everything else doesn't change anything same problem, But I still suspect it's the psu because sometimes the external hard disk makes a clicking noise when I access it, whereas when plugged to the laptop the external hard disk never makes that cliking noise.I'll try to go back to Wasser 2.0.9 and see what happens.

update after testing 2.0.9 : Wifi works flawlassely with wifi not a single disconnection or wifi desactivation.
        here is a log file from the 2.0.9 firmware
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mackie; 04-23-2016, 22:14. Reason: add a log file
        Ubox R89 2/16Go(5v4a) + Tv panasonic 32 Full HD + Airmouse c120 + 1To 2.5 Toshiba HD.

Comment

Hi All, lollipop wasser firmware version 3.0.5 is released for Beelink RK3288- R89.
          For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

Enjoy and don't forget to post feedbacks

Wasser
          http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

3.0.5 is exceptional! A beautiful rom. Where 3.0.4a was almost impossible to install, this version installed on my Beelink r89 first time with RKBatchTool. The UI is slick and fast, with only very slight lag from my USB air-mouse. Kodi 16 from the Play Store plays vivid, smooth video in 1080p (NAS and streams). WiFi is strong and quick. So far, no dropouts at all. Ethernet is stable and fast.

The only issue I've found is with Netflix which has audio slightly out of sync. I tried three different shows, they all had this issue: audio is slightly behind video in all dialogue. In every other respect, this is your finest of many fine achievements, Maestro, thank you!
            Last edited by Zahir; 04-24-2016, 05:27.

Comment

In terms of "add menu option to allow (un)root the device (menu Developer options->Root access)", if I use this, after a reboot and test with apps that won't work with rooted devices (All 4, My 5)). the apps still detects and report that the device is rooted and ceases to function or just not allow playback at all.
              Last edited by bluesmanuk; 04-24-2016, 08:22.

Comment

It won't work If you use twrp. Could you please flash my recovery.img and try again?
                I tested it and it works fine for me.

Comment

I'm not using TWRP.

Just the native recovery system 5.0 with the ROM.

It my well be that some apps are more clever at detection than others.

Apps that usually request root access are denied, so the functionality is there in that respect.

Comment

Could you please give the list of apps which still detect root after unroot device?
                    Thanks

Comment

So far, just All 4 (which reports it) and My5, which doesn't report, but just doesn't allow playback of streams, which is usually a sign that it detects an Android state that it doesn't like.

Comment

I haven't found it in Google market place. Could you please post the download URL for these Apps?

Thanks

Comment

No problem. I don't know if these are somehow GEO restricted but I can always dump the apk's and upload if required.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emand&hl=en_GB

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mand5&hl=en_GB

Comment

Yes, it seems so. Could you please upload the Apps?
                            Thanks

Comment

3.0.5 initial feedback (in addition to what has already been posted)

GUI - Smooth as silk and very responsive all round.

WiFi/Ethernet - As fast as usual (no dropouts at either 2.4 or 5Ghz for me)

HDMI Mode - I just want to say right off the bat that if your region of the world (including mine) uses 50hz as it's default, then switching to 1920x1080p-50 will result in variable video playback quality, so leave it at 1920x1080p-60, which gives far better overall playback.

Adjust display refresh rate - This is now improved over 3.0.4a, where when turned on, does (on the whole) help to improve playback in appropriate circumstances (there is one caveat that I discovered when using MX Player that I will go into later). Also, from the Kodi test that I carried out (using the previously mentioned one from SuperCeleron) overall, playback quality in kodi is better with it switched on in Android and off in Kodi.

VPN - Tested Cyberghost and VPN unlimited and all work perfectly and even better, connect instantaneously, which I have not seen before.

All tests carried out over 5Ghz WiFi and with HDMI bitstream passthrough and HDMI mode set to 1920x1080p-60.

Kodi - With so many Kodi versions floating about, users are going to get differing results based on what they try, so bear in mind that any such testing may have no bearing on the quality of the ROM itself and may just be down to deficiencies and quirks in the particular version of Kodi that you use. I'm using the Zidoo Kodi posted in my feedback of 3.0.4a that I posted earlier.

As before, it was so good that for the first time ever with an Android device, every single one of my multitude of test videos played back flawlessly. Not a single dropped frame, jitter at all. All video that also had 5.1 and dts was also perfect. Quite astonishing. Anything with DTS-HD and the other advanced audio formats just played with a crackle and hiss, as expected with my soundbar, although I had hoped that the audio would be downgraded. But the Zidoo played everything. 4k, 10 bit, MKV, MP4, MPG, you name it, it played it perfectly and with brilliant colour reproduction. The only oddity that I did find was that after playing a particularly demanding file, anything else that played after that resulted on continuous flashes across the screen during playback. Exiting and restarting Kodi fixed that though (unless I play the same file again of course).

Another improvement that I found was that before, I had to wait 4or 5 seconds for video with dolby audio to appear on the screen as the switch was made but now it is almost immediate.

There is an occasional judder right at the start of playback but as soon as it is into it's stride, no real problems at all.

MX Player with custom audio codec - On the whole, excellent, and most of the minor issues that I saw with 3.0.4a are gone but with 1 exception that I found. Whilst going through my collection of test files, I started playing one DTS file (dts_digitalexperience) and where it shows an animation of an orange disk, the playback resulted in a dim red disc, with the rest of the playback also dim. Upon exiting the file, whatever I loaded onto the screen, where files or apps, the screen would go blank (with different colours dependent upon the app) and so nothing could be used. I was lucky enough to use the reboot option bit only with luck did I click on the right area of the screen to perform the reboot and not have to do a hard reset. This was the only file that I came across so far that caused this event but you may have test files that can reproduce it.

Youtube - Pretty much perfect across the board for 1080p. The very occasional frame drop, although this could be due to buffering. As good as I have seen Youtube perform.

iPlayer - As good as it usually is.

Another step forward for the Wasser series of ROM's and at times I am being super picky but this is only because Wasser continues to develop such high quality ROM's that have kept these devices from being consigned to the rubbish tips long ago.

Thanks as ever

I've not tried Xposed yet as I would like to clarify which revision of the framework is required.

Comment

I link the apps download links for you.
                                Can use that website to download any apps.

Comment

Working...
                                X