MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pe1dnn View Post
    The ZIP I'm referring to is a CWM backup of the new box, only installed CWM and the Reboot App to enter the recovery mode. I even restored it after the other three (2.1, 1.7 and the Hybrid rom).

To restore to the more or less original state I did the following:
    - Install Finless 2.1 with the original parameter file to restore the original partitioning
    - Install CWM recovery using an update.zip file
    - Restore using the CWM backup

The backup is on an external 16 GB micro SD (takes a lot less space than that though).

Only the original recovery was lost. But that one didn't work anyway, I could not control the original recovery at all because there are no volume up/down and power buttons to do so. So the first time I had to install CWM recovery via Bobs tooling because there was no way to boot normally anymore after entering the original recovery.

I haven't had any HDMI issues with any ROM on my 2 months old LG TV.
    Thanks for the reply. I think I missed reverting to the original partitioning step. I might wait until Bob releases a new version of his ROM upon this new kernel (if he wants to do so)

Comment

Sorry I cannot keep up with everything here anymore. New kernel?

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Bob,

I posted this before in a much more extensive post, maybe you missed it because the information was added later and buried in a ton of text...

Finless 2.1 uses build #6 for the 401j2 kernel. My new MK808B contains build #28, so slightly newer. I don't know what has been changed, you may want to look at it.

Link to the zipped CWM backup containing the kernel image:

By the way, Finless 2.1 gives me Wifi performance problems (Youtube interuptions and unable to keep up with streaming). I'm now using Finless 1.7, which is currently the only ROM on which Wifi performs okay.
        I will look this version and inform you Bob.

leolas
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Hi and thanks for your roms Finless.

I have a MK808B from Geekbuying.
          I flashed it to your 2.1 rom beta, then the stable one.

I have 2 issues on the stable one (not sure if it was the case with the beta) :
          * date and time are not kept between reboot or plug/unplug actions
          * android freeze when i'm using a voip client (tested with zoiper and 3CXPhone)

I plugged a usb headphone with a microphone on the key main usb port.
          It works until someone pickup a call (ingoing or outgoing).
          Once picked, everything freeze after a few seconds.

I tested with differents headsets and voip clients.
          Used codec is alaw.

No voip server issue (tested with zoiper on my android smartphone and my computer, it works with the same settings and headset).

Looking at the key load, it's far from heaving (less than 1).

I tried the headset while reading a youtube 1080p video and it went well.
          I'm going to try with a skype call to see if it's a power or recording issue.

Is there anything I can do to prevent these freezes ?
          Idealy, i'm looking for a setup with USB/RJ-45 adapter, keyboard/usb mouse and usb headset on the key.

Thanks.
          Last edited by Shadow aok; 06-04-2013, 14:08.

Comment

Any Plex users around here? I'm having serious issue using plex with this ROM. It makes the device to reboot after a few minutes. I will try with Finless 1.7 and report.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Sorry I cannot keep up with everything here anymore. New kernel?

Bob
              It has a new kernel (15 May 2013) But it has the same fails about the regulator that the olders one,
              The stock rom makers are doing goods roms for those devices actually, they are doing his work well, the first roms that comes with this device was really crap
              Like the older one, my first impressions about it: it runs smooth and very good, comes with a lot of bloatware like the old one, very similar to the old one in all aspects, don't notice mayor improvements in this rom about the rom that 2.1 is based. If you want i will upload kernel.img; boot.img and system.img of this rom compressed in a zip and with the bloatware off, cause the system is really big, and I know that Bob is really busy , but maybe he wants to take a look to it, we have not changelog so maybe if the old 4.2.2 fails in some things to you, you can find some improvements in this rom, for me is almost the same that the published before, but i dont use netflix and a lot of stuff that maybe some users need, so if anyone want to take a look to it i will try to upload it today.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow aok View Post
                Hi and thanks for your roms Finless.
                I have 2 issues on the stable one (not sure if it was the case with the beta) :
                * date and time are not kept between reboot or plug/unplug actions
                How do you envision this should work? There is no clock chip and no power backup battery, when power is cut it forgets everything not stored in flash. The only thing it could do is remember the shutdown time and date, but I wonder if that would have any value. So when the OS is down, the clock is lost. After a reboot the ROM must fetch the network time to restore the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                  very similar to the old one in all aspects, don't notice mayor improvements in this rom about the rom that 2.1 is based.
                  Okay, at least you know now what's in the actual factory image (except for CWM recovery and the Reboot App) and which kernel is the production kernel.

It is however quite possible they have continues improvement and stick the latest stable version in the unit. In that case more kernels with ever increasing build numbers will appear without much changes.

If you want i will upload kernel.img; boot.img and system.img of this rom compressed in a zip and with the bloatware off, cause the system is really big, [....] so if anyone want to take a look to it i will try to upload it today.
                  I will take down my dropbox file, if anybody is interested they should await your upload.

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Okay, at least you know now what's in the actual factory image (except for CWM recovery and the Reboot App) and which kernel is the production kernel.

It is however quite possible they have continues improvement and stick the latest stable version in the unit. In that case more kernels with ever increasing build numbers will appear without much changes.

I will take down my dropbox file, if anybody is interested they should await your upload.
                    I will add superuser, init.d and busybox to the rom and debloat it. I hope to upload it tonight.

And thanks a lot for sharing it.

leolas
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

Thanks leolas (and of course Bob) for your hard work.
                      Any chance you take a look at the lockscreen, and perhaps make it working, so that multi user can be used. Would be of great help and greatly appreciated.

Comment

here is the new stock rom for the mk808b. Remember is the stock rom, it has only little adds.
                        -init.d suport (thanks to Finless&900supersport)
                        -Some little Finless tweaks in build.prop for streaming&better perforance.(thanks to Finless too)
                        -Debloated, i put out all the bloat i found in it, if you want to install some of them in the fbloatware folder are those apks.
                        -I added Supersu, busybox and terminal emulator.
                        -The partitions size is the same than in Bob rom.
                        -Only 720p kernel

Only for the people who want to test the new rom delivered by Factory.
                        The Finless 2.1 rom is more tweaked than this one, and it has the gameloft&Market fixes, this one no.
                        The perforance is more or less the same than the previous stock rom.
                        I tested it and works. You need Finless flash tool to flash it.
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Tun.ko?

Hi Bob,
                          I tried this ROM (Finless 2.1) on MK808B and is wonderful. It also fixed the issue with Bluetooth audio.
                          However, I'm unable to find tun.ko for this ROM because of which I can't use VPN. Where can find tun.ko for this kernel?
                          Thanks,
                          -preetam

Comment

Which ROM and Kernel do they deliver now? Already the new one or still the Beta? If it is the new one, did you make a backup, it might be interesting if the ROM is newer than the one on which Finless 2.1 is based. Or did you overwrite it with Finless 2.3 and is the information lost...

I'm expecting mine in the coming days, Singapore Post tracking states "Arrived at overseas (Country code: NL)" so I hope it will not take long any more to reach my doorstep. When it arrives I'm planning to install the CWM recovery and make backups first. Let me know if there is interest in these, if there is I'll share it.

Edit: Mine has just been delivered! The current factory versions appear to be:

Kernel version: 3.0.36+ rjh_V_401j2 #28 Mon May 13 11:41:01 CST 2013
                            Build number: mk808b_v403j2 2013-05-13 16:58:01

Link to CWM backup including the kernel image:

Changes with real factory image:
                            - Intstalled reboot app
                            - Recovery replaced by CWM
                            - Image was executed so I had to click on the initial help messages

This is in my dropbox, I will keep the file until I need the space again.

I tried Finless 2.1 but Wifi speed was hopeless, 4 Mbit/s max. Did a slight antenna mod but stil unusable, although strength looks sufficient. Moved to Finless 1.7 and got almost 10 Mbit/s which is my current subscription speed. I also see much more AP's from the area compared to 2.1 so there are definately Wifi issues with 2.1.

I did not measure speed with the stock rom, but I could play HD youtube without problems while Finless 2.1 gave me interruptions. Finless 1.7 works fine.
                            here is the new stock rom for the mk808b. Remember is the stock rom, it has only little adds.
                            -init.d suport (thanks to Finless&900supersport)
                            -Some little Finless tweaks in build.prop for streaming&better perforance.(thanks to Finless too)
                            -Debloated, i put out all the bloat i found in it, if you want to install some of them in the fbloatware folder are those apks.
                            -I added Supersu, busybox and terminal emulator.
                            -Only 720p kernel

Only for the people who want to test the new rom delivered by Factory.
                            The Finless 2.1 rom is more tweaked than this one, and it has the gameloft&Market fixes, this one no.
                            The perforance is more or less the same than the previous stock rom.
                            I tested it and works. You need Finless flash tool to flash it.

Hi Leolas,
                            I want to confirm if the modded stock rom in your posting is for the
                            Kernel version: 3.0.36+ rjh_V_401j2 #28 Mon May 13 11:41:01 CST 2013
                            Build number: mk808b_v403j2 2013-05-13 16:58:01

I got my new mk808b today with this stock rom and plan to flash to Finless 2.1 soon.
                            If it is then i do not need to backup the stock rom
                            Btw the BT in this mk808b is not detecting my nokia x6 although the nokia can detect it. Do you or anyone know why? due to this i cannot pair them to transfer files.

Comment

The partitions are defined with the parameter file and Bob has several in his latest ROM. Which one do you mean? The original or the 1GB Bob uses as default for his ROM?

Comment

hi pe1dnn,

can you look at post #148 and help me confirm if leolas modded stockrom is the same as yours.

do you have problem with the bluetooth like me?

Comment

Working...
                                X