No announcement yet.

Lollipop - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R68 with Gigabit LAN, WIFI AP6335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello wasser, keep up with the good work.
    I install 3.1.3 frimware on my Tronsmart R68 and since that it won't recognized my 2.4g wifi network, i can see my neighbor 5G wifi.

Another thing, can u add support for minix neo a2 air mouse?
    In minix tvbox there is spacial settings for that:

Set "No audio to USB" or "Keep audio on HDMI" to ON
    Set audio autodetction OFF
    Set Audio output to PCM

Tnx!

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
      Hi all, lollipop wasser firmware version 3.1.3 for Beelink i68 with Gigabit LAN is released. For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

Enjoy and don't forget to post feedbacks

Thanks
      Wasser

i was not able to test the new version earlier, now here it goes:

the general feeling of the new 3.1.3 version is very good, it seems robust, all around reliable, ver good work!

ethernet: it is unbelievable fast, in my local network i was able to reach for long period of time (30 minutes for each test) a constant speed of 901Mbit/s for upload and 938Mbit/s for download. with previous firmware version 3.1.2 the same test reached only around 450Mbit/s (up and down).

not using wifi...

youtube: playing very nice 1080p videos, tested for 30 minutes, no stuttering...

plex: needs to test further, i got the impression that it was doing better with previous version, in any case i need to stream at 10Mbit/s, otherwise it complains about network bandwidth, but i also should say that plex for android is not the real deal. this is a 1080p good quality, although i really expect from this box to be able to play original quality some day (wishful thinking probably and not because of the box, but because of plex for android)

kodi: i use kodi basically as frontend player for tvheadend. i wish i could use the special codec for this soc but i haven't seen a way to get the necessary pvr plugin for the special kodi versions around. so i can only use official kodi versions. tested kodi 15.2 and it is not really reliable, it plays mostly well but from time to time stuttering is there... i also tested kodi 16b5 and it plays better, there is still stuttering but less, the problem with this version was audio sync, it played with a small delay... it might improve with the final version.

----

kodi second round test: restarted the box and started kodi official 15.2 and kept it at the first channel without changing it, it has been playing already for longer than 30minutes without any stuttering... it seems then like something goes wrong when changing channels, then this is the only difference to previous test... i also forgot to mention that in general there are dropped frames but never skipped ones.
      Last edited by VonHesdin; 01-14-2016, 22:23. Reason: Added kodi second round test results

Comment

hi
        I just flashed the firmware on the tronsmart r68 meta.
        work great but,
        the green/pink ( hdmi handsake ) is back
        can you fix it?

Comment

ONE OF THE BIG PROBLEMS THAT HAVE Orion R68 Meta, is that for a second motion freezes.

I found an option within the developer tools within the operating system, and turn it alone you will notice the rapid change and the mouse will feel much faster, and almost disappears microsecond frozen.

Procedure:
          1. Developer tools (if not know how to get them, looking for a good explanation on google)

2. Enable view attribute inspection( enable, fast pointer)

Feel a more fluid movement.

Comment

Originally posted by axionflow View Post
            ONE OF THE BIG PROBLEMS THAT HAVE Orion R68 Meta, is that for a second motion freezes.

I found an option within the developer tools within the operating system, and turn it alone you will notice the rapid change and the mouse will feel much faster, and almost disappears microsecond frozen.

Procedure:
            1. Developer tools (if not know how to get them, looking for a good explanation on google)

2. Enable view attribute inspection( enable, fast pointer)

Feel a more fluid movement.

Thanks will try that tonight.

Comment

Hello Wasser! Will this rom work on ekb368 device?

Comment

Flashed it on Tronsmart r68.
                You tube does stutter/freeze when there is overlay (settings for example) over video.
                Spotify, unfortunately is unusable. Whatever I click it gives me micro freeze and stutters.

wasser did you tried to change CPU governorr maybe? I bet there is some connection with those stuttering.........

Edit: Changed governor to performance with kernel auditor app, and added option to apply it on boot and restarted box. Situation is a lot better. Spotify audio stuttering fixed almost completely. Youtube fixed.
                I bet there are some aditional tweaks which can help stuttering completely.
                Last edited by DaPimp; 01-16-2016, 13:27.

Comment

And where you can download the launcher. Zidoo or at Beelink? Thank you.

Comment

Hello ,
                    I tested this new firmware with kodi 15.2 wasser sound finally works (HDMI bitstream) but with a lag, more if you move the timeline the box blocks a moment before advancing shift in the sound even more .
                    It's really a shame that this power with bug as much as a small MK808B Plus works perfectly.

But keep going!

Comment

can anyone help please, I did have version 3.1.2 installed and wifi did not work, I now installed version 3.1.3 and still wifi does not work, I also tried bluetooth and that does not work either, the sliders go to the on position for about 5 seconds then they go to the off position for about 3 seconds then they go back to the on position as if though its keep trying to work, I have the 2gb version from gearbest just incase with the 1gb ethernet, could it be that i need to boot into recovery and clear cache or something, i have tried the normal reset button in settings thanks in advance

Comment

please i want install this firmware on zidoo x6 ,how i can ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnjewitt2004 View Post
                          can anyone help please, I did have version 3.1.2 installed and wifi did not work, I now installed version 3.1.3 and still wifi does not work, I also tried bluetooth and that does not work either, the sliders go to the on position for about 5 seconds then they go to the off position for about 3 seconds then they go back to the on position as if though its keep trying to work, I have the 2gb version from gearbest just incase with the 1gb ethernet, could it be that i need to boot into recovery and clear cache or something, i have tried the normal reset button in settings thanks in advance
                          Same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by natzen View Post
                            please i want install this firmware on zidoo x6 ,how i can ?
                            Get linux, get rockchip tools

$upgrade_tool uf wasser-rom.img

Extract boot.rom zidoo rom zip file

Use tool

$Unmkbootimg -i boot.img

Open second_bootloader in a hex editor

Search for "RSCE" delete everything preceding that in the file

Rename it to resource.img

$mv second_bootloader resource.img

Flash files
                            $upgrade_tool di -k kernel.img
                            $upgrade_tool di resource.img

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post

Get linux, get rockchip tools

$upgrade_tool uf wasser-rom.img

Extract boot.rom zidoo rom zip file

Use tool

$Unmkbootimg -i boot.img

Open second_bootloader in a hex editor

Search for "RSCE" delete everything preceding that in the file

Rename it to resource.img

$mv second_bootloader resource.img

Flash files
                              $upgrade_tool di -k kernel.img
                              $upgrade_tool di resource.img
                              it's very complicated for me ... not possible for port to zidoo ? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by johnjewitt2004 View Post
                                can anyone help please, I did have version 3.1.2 installed and wifi did not work, ...
                                Like me, you have AP6330 chip for Wifi/Bluetooth. We have to wait Waser's next relase of the firmware. He said that "mayby" will made it for AP6330 devices... We cross the fingers

Comment

Working...
                                X