No announcement yet.

I unbrick m8s HOW TO included - now i need firmware ROM M8S model: KCA-003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

1. Is there light at the optical SIDIF after power ?
      2. I think that permanent damage is not possible.
      3. What kind of SD card are you using? what size ? Formatted to FAT 32 ?
      4. With proper preparation of an SD card , enough for me to hold the AV five seconds ..
      5. I try to prepare files for SD card for you, But answer me questions.
      6. I think u-boot.bin its wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hipisxbit View Post

1. Is there light at the optical SIDIF after power ?
        2. I think that permanent damage is not possible.
        3. What kind of SD card are you using? what size ? Formatted to FAT 32 ?
        4. With proper preparation of an SD card , enough for me to hold the AV five seconds ..
        5. I try to prepare files for SD card for you, But answer me questions.
        6. I think u-boot.bin its wrong.
        1.Yes! Also the Ethernet port is working. So the CPU seems alive.
        2.Hope so, but...
        3.SD, not micro SD. Yes, formated FAT32 and partioned with the batch procedure for the burnBootCard
        4. I hold it more than 5 sec for sure
        5. I would appreciate it.
        6. I also hope so, but where is the right one? . I tried the following:
        -cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728_SD升级
        -ENY_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728_SD_withoutaddons
        -SU-M8S-20151020
        -Vigica C90T 20150211 FW
        -AUTOROM
        -m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150818_USB

Probably would have to change the options in aml_sdc_burn.ini, according to Stane1983: erase_flash – This parameter contains 5 valid values (0 – 4) and here is what it means:0 – Do not erase flash
        1 – Normal erase (same as in USB Burning Tool)
        2 – Information not available, will update post when I find out meaning of value 2
        3 – Erase all (erase NAND/eMMC content and bootloader which exists in protected area)
        4 – Force erase all (this option unprotects all protected areas of NAND/eMMC/SPI, raw formats

3 or 4 seems better than 1, isn't it?
        Last edited by orlie; 11-14-2015, 08:31.

Comment

Originally posted by orlie View Post
          1.Yes!
          2.Hope so, but...
          3.SD, not micro SD. Yes, formated FAT32 and partioned with the batch procedure for the burnBootCard
          4. I hold it more than 5 sec for sure
          5. I would appreciate it.
          6. I also hope so, but where is the right one? . I tried the following:
          -cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728_SD升级
          -ENY_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728_SD_withoutaddons
          -SU-M8S-20151020
          -Vigica C90T 20150211 FW
          -AUTOROM
          -m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150818_USB

Probably would have to change the options in aml_sdc_burn.ini, according to Stane1983: erase_flash – This parameter contains 5 valid values (0 – 4) and here is what it means:0 – Do not erase flash
          1 – Normal erase (same as in USB Burning Tool)
          2 – Information not available, will update post when I find out meaning of value 2
          3 – Erase all (erase NAND/eMMC content and bootloader which exists in protected area)
          4 – Force erase all (this option unprotects all protected areas of NAND/eMMC/SPI, raw formats

3 or 4 seems better than 1, isn't it?
          Ok, but i dont know what capacity SD card is. You dont use more than 2 GB.
          dont edit aml.ini in windows.

Today i try prepare files for sd card.

Comment

Ok, but i dont know what capacity SD card is. You dont use more than 2 GB.
            dont edit aml.ini in windows.

Today i try prepare files for sd card.
            Yes, it is 2GB

Comment

Yes, it is 2GB
              I prepare 3 versions , here is :

1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
              2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
              3. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing

Unpack, and try it all.
              Create bootcard witch booot card maker, Copy file to sd card.

Good luck.

If not work , try last working firmware u-boot.bin

Comment

I prepare 3 versions , here is :

1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
                2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
                3. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing

Unpack, and try it all.
                Create bootcard witch booot card maker, Copy file to sd card.

Good luck.

If not work , try last working firmware u-boot.bin
                Thanks a lot, I will try. With or without NAND shortage? How long should I hold 29 and 30 pins connected?

Comment

first try with unshort NAND pins 29 and 30. If not work....
                  Short pins the time to finish update. When device restart / flashed end unshort it.
                  I do not know whether any firmware is booting up , but the most important to have a recovery
                  If we do not succeed we will try to upload only twrp . I thinking how to do it....

Comment

I did it 6 times - with and without shortening pins of the NAND - no signal- only blue LED no blinking or restart. Just to let you know, I tried the TWRP (for N200) and didn't worked for me. If it was working I would not risk to brick it. I think that there is some hardware damage or descrepancy, otherwise it should work with any firmware.
                    However, thank you very much for the efforts, my friend!

Also, another detail is how I did the brick. It was really very stupid. I tried some times to flash some firmware (I think SU-M8S-20151020) with the stock recovery, but it didn't worked since it was complaining about the date of the firmware - cannot be flashed over newer version (but when the SD card was not bootable no problems with recovery). Then I changed the date in the zipped FW prop.build. I have made a bootcard and I tried to boot from the card and then it bricked. Instead, I had to boot from the device and then to insert the SD card which was visible. I think that then I could have an error message or at least recovery or at least the unbrick method would work.
                    Last edited by orlie; 11-14-2015, 21:36.

Comment

I did it 6 times - with and without shortening pins of the NAND - no signal- only blue LED no blinking or restart. Just to let you know, I tried the TWRP (for N200) and didn't worked for me. If it was working I would not risk to brick it. I think that there is some hardware damage or descrepancy, otherwise it should work with any firmware.
                      However, thank you very much for the efforts, my friend!

Also, another detail is how I did the brick. It was really very stupid. I tried some times to flash some firmware (I think SU-M8S-20151020) with the stock recovery, but it didn't worked since it was complaining about the date of the firmware - cannot be flashed over newer version (but when the SD card was not bootable no problems with recovery). Then I changed the date in the zipped FW prop.build. I have made a bootcard and I tried to boot from the card and then it bricked. Instead, I had to boot from the device and then to insert the SD card which was visible. I think that then I could have an error message or at least recovery or at least the unbrick method would work.
                      Do not give up friend When I almost give up , TV box began to work. Try again , press the AV button , wait 15 seconds , release. Then wait 10-15 minutes , no matter whether the LED is blinking or not. Then try the same thing only AV press button 30 seconds.

Comment

no matter whether the LED is blinking or not.
                        Are you sure about about blinking? I wait for some minute, but when not blinking power off and then again. 3-4 times for each FW with NAND shortening and without.

Comment

Are you sure about about blinking? I wait for some minute, but when not blinking power off and then again. 3-4 times for each FW with NAND shortening and without.

It can be a model in which no flashing lights. You do not have nothing to lose in this case ...
                          I do not see the picture, you have jumper between HDMI and USB ?

last one img file you can try : https://mega.nz/#!KUBzDboY!UUFSYTG5F...g-Y3w39-ZOrI2c

ps.
                          Forgive the question , but are you sure about that short-circuit the pins good ? like this...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard011.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	537615
                          Last edited by hipisxbit; 11-17-2015, 16:22.

Comment

Yes, I am sure, I use a magnifying glass and double check the numbering always since I can damage the chip if it is wrong.
                            I don;t know about the jumper between HDMI and USB. I didn't made any soldering and cannot see in your pictures where exactly is this jumper.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi,

i also have this PCB (see photo) and i bricked it!

I flashed this firmware:
                              rom_cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728.zip
                              (n200-ota-20150728.zip)

with u-boot.bin

it worked good but i had to much bloatware on it so I extracted the firmware and removed some apps - i rezipped it and flashed it again with same settings.

Now i only have a black screen (blue LED and ethernet is working)

I tried all firmwares and SD Card settings from this thread but nothing worked. USB_Burning_Tool is not working.

Can you help me? Which pins need to be connected? And how can i do this simple?

//Edit

I tried to connect the 2 PINS but then the blue LED blinks ONCE and then its dark and nothing happens
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                              Last edited by feh; 11-19-2015, 10:03.

Comment

Ok i suddenly had it running again.

But acutally i dont know what happend.

I connected the pins a few times and tried the method with the "AUTOROM" folder.

then i deleted it from the SD Card and copied the first rom again rom_cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728 and tried the standard - method and it flashed.

but after this flash it went black again and im not really any step further .....

Edit:

I can now open the recovery menu again (everytime i need to connect the 2 Pins on NAND flash), but canot flash anything because it says /cache would not exists...

I thinks it's finally defect.
                                Last edited by feh; 11-19-2015, 12:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X