I unbrick m8s HOW TO included - now i need firmware ROM M8S model: KCA-003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hipisxbit View Post

Try another u-boot.bin, if you have HYNIX NAND H27UCG8T2ETR BC, short pins 29-30, not 17- 18
    Hi, I have HYNIX NAND H27UCG8T2ETR BC, but where is pins 29-30? I was try with 4 positions on it but nothing to change, no blue light, no signal on the screen. I was made a SD Boot Card like what you was say but still nothing, I can not connect with my computer via USB Burning Tool. I have some M8S have this problem and I was try with all of them like your way but they are not success. Can you let me know why or do you have another method?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hey redshift your procedure worked, thank you very much! When you are talking about the bootloader.img for those openelec builds where do i find that? When i extract the zip file it only gives me the recovery, factory update and zip openelec file? Thanks for your help

Comment

maybe the zip you mentioned inside the downloaded zip is the actual rom, only this will be flashable with twrp, read the huge post carefully ,i already explained that

i think u-boot.bin and bootloader.img is the same thing but i am not sure ,i believe these are the instructions of what to load during boot

if you want to continue flashing roms until you find one you are happy with, try to establish a sequence of moves that brings your device back to working order in any given situation

the huge post of instructions you read before is mine

this gives you confidence to try roms without fear
        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...865#post550865

Comment

I have similar problem! Led blue on but tv video black!
          With usb burning i install rom and all ok (successfully) but my windows pc not see the box like a memory!!
          What can i do?
          Thanks

Comment

After trying every single ROM I found in this forum, that's the only way I revived mine. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...=1453546137050

With this zip n200C-ota-20151110.zip I made one sd card with amlogic sd bootcardmaker. Put the SD Card, press the AV hole with a toothpick plug it to the power (in this order) and bum, the m8s got a blue light and started flashing the ROM.

After that I flashed the 5.1.1 rom of this forum https://translate.google.es/translat...7576%26st%3D80 look for the firmware 5.1.1 for pufganda (llc) file. I do not tried the network card cos I do not need it, but at least the system detects it. Rom seems stable enough alltroutgh it is made for the m8s+. I have tried several roms of that russian site, and all seem to work.

I repeat, thats the only way, at least for my m8s which seems a pufganda one. I bought it on aliexpress to Vensmile vendor.

Comment

Also, I asked my vendor for recovery, and he send me a link https://mega.nz/#!KssyBK5T!fEBUBr9KG...65mbiSZ24eJz9I to a rom to be flashed via Amlogic Bootcardmaker method

Comment

This is the new lollipop firmware that seems stable on my m8s http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...8s-tv-box.html . It is the same of the russian site. I have not tried remote (I have a t2 airmoue) nor ethernet, but in the rusian site they talk about a fix for the remote.

Comment

Hi guys, after more experiments a bricked my M8S again. Now i have only blue light and no signal. Board is KCA-003 ver.1. How can i unbrick it ?

Comment

HI. ( Sorry for my english )
                    My device M8S is tottaly bricked. Until the brick this device looged to google store, google loged this device as SkyKirin MS8. ( AMLOGIC S812 2g/8g)
                    I need firmware for this device ,i dont remember everting , but i looking android settings it seems to me i fund "SkyKirin and "n200".
                    history :
                    I flash in sdcard megatron firmware for m8s and ms9 , work fine , but wifi not work, so i download newer fimware form chinagadgetsreviews named cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728_SD升级.
                    When update start for sdcard, i wait very long time...updating...updating...lopping :/ So shutdown device - power adaptor out.
                    Now device is totally bricked , no recovery , no start form sdcard ( normal update and bootable micro SD not working, different firmwares ) , and my tv display "no signal". Only my router see this device ethernet connected when is power on.
                    Last chance is USB burnig tool , so i need img file.
                    I soldering 2 pins , i read this unblock USB-OTG , and he ordered USB cable.
                    Board :
                    MODEL KCA-003
                    VER. V1.0
                    DATE 150422

I am counting on your help guys.
                    I'm sorry for my english, lo dire en espaƱol, tengo el OTT M8S, intente instalarle esta rom M8S_aml_upgrade_package_SPMC_20151218.img y se me bloqueo, solo enciende el LED azul y no sale imagen en la pantalla y el PC no lo detecta, he intentado todo, formateo SD en Fat32 y le cargo el firmware, nada, utilizo la herramienta SD card de Amlogic y le cargo los archivos y nada, lo he hecho con los de este post y nada, openelect tv y tampoco, aun hay salvacion? gracias, helpme.

Comment

Here is :
                      1. Amlogic boot card maker - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
                      2. autoboot.zip - em9 img firmware + burning ini - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
                      3. Stane_20150204-eny_m9.zip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing

Download all and unzip.

Create boot sd card :
                      Find 1-2 gb sc card and put in to card reader , connect to pc usb.
                      Run Amlogic boot card maker, chose drive letter your sd card , select u-boot.bin from unpacked autoboot.zip - create bootable sd card.
                      Copy files from autoboot to sd card root directory : aml_upgrade_package.img, u-boot.bin, and aml_sdc_burn.ini - from new_autorom folder

Next :
                      1. Put hdmi cable
                      2. put sd card into device
                      3. holding the av pin
                      4. power on
                      You should now upload to the software. The LED should blink. if not , try a few times. If this does not help, you should use the method of short NAND pins . I used play dough and needles I put the post with play dough to keep the needle
                      Next :
                      1. Put hdmi cable
                      3. holding the av pin
                      4. power on

Now he must upload software. When finished it will restart and begin to start.
                      Do not worry if the software itself will load and TV box does not start to an end , it will blink Launcher window - loop .
                      Then turn off the power.
                      Take your SD card , delete files on the PC with the exception of u- boot.bin , this file needs to be ,and copy the files of unpacked Stane_20150204-eny_m9.zip
                      Next :

1. Put hdmi cable
                      3. holding the av pin
                      4. power on

You should now upload to the software. If not you are in recovery mode , and flash manual update from sdcard - eny_m9-ota-20150204.zip
                      This firmware works - but no wifi , and 4gb memory only.

If anyone can improve the translation , please send me a message
                      Your links are broken

Comment

Originally posted by sakal View Post
                        Hi all, i just unbrick my device, i got email from seller with FW and after copy on SD and than boot with av hidden pin pushed , update process work well. After reboot everything is now working, wifi, bluetooth, 1080p, everything is fine. Name of FW is : m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728_SD鍗囩骇.rar

link
                        I also have this board M8 V8_1 20150418, and can't find the firmware. Do you still have a copy of the one that fixed your issue to put up somewhere?
                        Thank you

Comment

For anyone with the kca-003 board who has no WiFi or Bluetooth, after much searching and experimentation I found a burning tool image that actually works and I couldn't not share it.

For some reason it didn't boot without using a u-boot.bin on the SD card that I know works but I worked out how to just flash the u-boot and all is fine. You may find that yours boots without the extra step. Good luck!

Comment

Learned a lot on this page, I was able to recover it using the shorting pin method, thank you OP
                            However, I haven't been to able to get the right firmware, the lollipop firmware described above from m8s+ does work however every time the box is restarted, it is stuck at m8s+ logo initiallty.
                            I was so wrong to play with this box. As far as I can remember, every firwmare that I have used has blue initial logo like blue m8s, m8s+, etc.
                            My last firmware that came with the box had yellow logo but it never said m8s, it always said S812 IN YELLOW, like the picture attached. If anyone got that firmware where your boot up logo is yellow. please upload it. There is a youtube link to a review where guy is doing a review with this box, I have asked that youtuber but no response
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

hipisxbit
                              Thank you hipisxbit for this post, using this and other methods I was able to revive my box, rest assured I am not touching it for a long time.

Here is my procedure to unbrick your m8s kca-003 v1.0 20150422 s812 board. It is not s812 btw lol

THIS IS THE FIRMWARE WHICH WORKED FOR MY BOX, https://mega.nz/#!ucg3CZ6K!ponzBEq4N...x_e6F1Atl3cuKA
                              The issue with this firmware is that when it is restarted it stuck at initial logo, this is issue with the recovery. In order to solve this load up TWRP recovery for M8N on sd card, PRess and hold av port button then plug in with power. keep pressing the av port button until its pass S812 logo. Then install from sd card the recovery then restart the box. It should work. HOWEVER, if you shut down the box by pulling the wire, and put it back, the firmware might be stuck at initial s812 logo, to pass this you need to enter into recovery then go on reboot system and it should work.

I got this from russian forums over at http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=677576

The problem was with other firmware was that although they were meant for ap6330 wifi but it never worked. This firmware works and its stable enough with bluetooth wifi working, remote working, it is not rooted but I rooted using s89 root update zip file. ALSO THE BLUE LIGHT DOES NOT WORK ON MINE ANYMORE, after updating with this firmware.
                              I learned a lot but chinese boxes never again. THank God

Follow is my procedure to unbrick from dark screen meaning a dead box with blue light on

No.1 : UIsing Usb Tool

Download usb tool here and follow this youtube video made by just me roms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7K...&nohtml5=False
                              This is the only amlogic usb tool which worked with my box and it was able to detect, these chinese boxes are are very inconsistent, meaning it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, Trick is in order to detect your box with your computer keep pressing the av port button while plugging in and out until it is detected. When you are done with this video, you should have working box atleast a box that can boot and show some screen. Now you can use my firmware above and put it on sd card and install it. Then make sure to install TWRP recovery from m8n variant.

no. 2: SD Card and Pin method ==== just follow great hipisxbit method.

Thank you everyone, if anyone needs help let me know. I hope hipisxbit this firmware works for you and others. Good Luck. I am never buying any chinese boxes again
                              Last edited by asadmari; 04-07-2016, 08:12.

Comment

Redshift thanks so much for you help,you have make my box work,but my friend if you can you can post your openelec rom that you can see the 2gb of memory,thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X