X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feh View Post
    Ok i suddenly had it running again.

But acutally i dont know what happend.

I connected the pins a few times and tried the method with the "AUTOROM" folder.

then i deleted it from the SD Card and copied the first rom again rom_cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728 and tried the standard - method and it flashed.

but after this flash it went black again and im not really any step further .....

Edit:

I can now open the recovery menu again (everytime i need to connect the 2 Pins on NAND flash), but canot flash anything because it says /cache would not exists...

I thinks it's finally defect.
    I think that it is better than my case. Cache not exists, but I think it can be created or some problem is in the script. It can be resolved ... somehow.
    My problem still exists - black screen, no blinking LED, no flashing at all. I have not the proper firmware.

Comment

Ok i suddenly had it running again.

But acutally i dont know what happend.

I connected the pins a few times and tried the method with the "AUTOROM" folder.

then i deleted it from the SD Card and copied the first rom again rom_cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728 and tried the standard - method and it flashed.

but after this flash it went black again and im not really any step further .....

Edit:

I can now open the recovery menu again (everytime i need to connect the 2 Pins on NAND flash), but canot flash anything because it says /cache would not exists...

I thinks it's finally defect.
      Try this firmware - but try first wipe data and cache from recovery.
      https://mega.nz/#!1Fw1Ta5a!0kpwpqjiY...Q-B09FRcGrsAHY
      Last edited by hipisxbit; 11-21-2015, 05:37.

Comment

I had M8S from on top nof cover box, but when open look inside it marked M8 V8_1 20150418...
        By the ways my problem is I have no power at all, after insert the toothpick into AV (No firmware flash yet, just insert toothpick
        the take out now
        1. No LED
        2. NO POWER
        Any idea, please..!

Comment

tdcompuservices what if you connect the 2 NAND Flash Pins?

hipisxbit i will try, but i cant wipe cache because of the error (see picture below)

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Where's is those pins..?
            Between HDMI and USB?

Comment

You can find it in the older Posts of this Thread:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...614#post537614

and

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...572#post530572

hipisxbit I cannot flash a *.img file it doesnt show if i select "apply update from EXT" i only see *.zip files

Comment

[

//Edit

I tried to connect the 2 PINS but then the blue LED blinks ONCE and then its dark and nothing happens[/QUOTE]

u-boot.bin 100% its wrong, try create bootcard with u-boot.bin form lastest rom you try flasing, but in sd card wirite another u-boot.bin ( from rom you like flash )

Comment

What exactly is that u-boot.bin anyway?
                  Do i always need it?

Comment

tdcompuservices what if you connect the 2 NAND Flash Pins?

hipisxbit i will try, but i cant wipe cache because of the error (see picture below)
                    I have the same error if i try flasing from USB Stick, not sd card...
                    Try flashing methods from sd card firmware format img .

Comment

Do i need a u-boot.img? And how about factory_update_param.aml and recovery.img?

Comment

What exactly is that u-boot.bin anyway?
                        Do i always need it?
                        Yes, u-boot.bin i bootloader, You can unpack your "firmware".zip firmware and copy bootloader.img other place, rename it as u-boot.bin, and use bootcard maker to create bootable sd card. if you do not this, your sd card not boot the device.

My advice : find last rom which bricked your device, extract bootloader.img , rename it to uboot.bin, ( or copy u-boot.bin if exist ) create boot sd card with amlogic bootcardmaker.
                        Then write to sdcard autorom1, which I share in this topic. Try to burn from sd card, with shorted nand pins, if not work , create another sd card with other u-boot.bin, and try again.
                        If You see screnn "updating" unshort the pins in nand.
                        Recently I had Brick and LED fading like with you , when u-boot.bin is wrong device not boot .
                        How do I find a moment that I'll try to do some set of files in - u-boot.bin

If you start flashing and device will not start after finish , there will always be an option entrance to recovery, and flashing other update zip file.

About factory_update_param.aml and recovery.img?-
                        I'm sorry , but if you do not know , you dont do any update .. This files works with only zip. firmwares. factory_update_param.aml - parameters for update.
                        recovery.img - recovery - program to update like as CWM or TWRP .

If you have Brick like this, update zip files not working . You have to perform flashing from sdcard with img update.
                        Last edited by hipisxbit; 11-23-2015, 18:34.

Comment

Originally posted by orlie View Post
                          I think that it is better than my case. Cache not exists, but I think it can be created or some problem is in the script. It can be resolved ... somehow.
                          My problem still exists - black screen, no blinking LED, no flashing at all. I have not the proper firmware.
                          Read I write up ( and down ) in this topic for feh.
                          Last edited by hipisxbit; 11-23-2015, 18:26.

Comment

Here is u-boot.bin files , and boot card maker.
                            Try to create bootcard with this files.

Comment

Originally posted by tdcompuservices View Post
                              I had M8S from on top nof cover box, but when open look inside it marked M8 V8_1 20150418...
                              By the ways my problem is I have no power at all, after insert the toothpick into AV (No firmware flash yet, just insert toothpick
                              the take out now
                              1. No LED
                              2. NO POWER
                              Any idea, please..!
                              SPIDIF audio have a light ?

Read me answers in this topic for other users.

Comment

@hipsixbit, thanks for your help.
                                I didn't know anything about .img firmwares. (i always used factory_update_param.aml and recovery.img + firmware.zip files so far)

i will try with last bootloader.img as u-boot.bin and your autorom

Ok, i tried exactly as you said, used the bootloader.img as u-boot.bin from my last working firmware and your autorom from a earlier post.
                                But i had NO Update screen and no reaction at all.

So i tried it a few times (it's quite hard to get the right pins connected everytime) and suddenly the device booted completely normal.

But as i want to make my own firmware without so much bloatware - how can i prevent this to happen again? I mean this device is useless for me if i cannot flash it as often as i want without having this kind of "bricked" state again?

How can I make sure this wont happen again?

Last edited by feh; 11-24-2015, 08:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X