No announcement yet.

I unbrick m8s HOW TO included - now i need firmware ROM M8S model: KCA-003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hipisxbit, thank you so mutch Link that you provided to me has been good for me, and I unbricked my box:

One noticed, there is instruction that you have to short pins 17 + 18, but that is mistake. Pins 29 + 30 has to be shorten while downloading progress occure 4% and USB error occure. After that Remove shorten from NAND and press REFRESH Button on USB tool. Burning progress START from begining and no more ERRORS occure until the end.

Comment

Originally posted by bvladan View Post
      Hipisxbit, thank you so mutch Link that you provided to me has been good for me, and I unbricked my box:

One noticed, there is instruction that you have to short pins 17 + 18, but that is mistake. Pins 29 + 30 has to be shorten while downloading progress occure 4% and USB error occure. After that Remove shorten from NAND and press REFRESH Button on USB tool. Burning progress START from begining and no more ERRORS occure until the end.
      another chip, one needs a short 17 + 18, and the second chip short 29 + 30 pins. Glad that helped

Comment

Hello . I ask your help with this box:

mxq pro : 1g 8g

nand SK Hynix H27UCG8T2ETR BC

firmw. rev 20160428.

Can I try your method hipisxbit using a different firmware files ? Thanks in advance.

I can start after pin 29-30 but have this errors. Can someone help me,please. thanks.
        Attached Files
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
        Last edited by sergiola; 05-22-2017, 10:09.

Comment

May be I can resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by sergiola View Post
            May be I can resolve.
            This method don`t work ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfKJonz3wH0

Comment

Finally , thanks to Hipisxbit knoledge, I resolve my problem. So now I'd like to start libreelec from usb but always have error "cannot load volume/misc. Someone can help me ?Thank's to all.

Comment

Originally posted by hipisxbit View Post

I had the same MODEL , I failed to find any firmware , which would handle the wifi. If you want to work here are the files needed to unbrick , the method described earlier in this topic .

First you try from folder autoflash form sd - auto1.zip
                next from folder twrp - recovery.img ( boot from sd card witch u-boot.bin )
                next TWRP flash from folder firmwares - FS995676-0924.zip - works fine, but no wifi
                Hi,
                did you found some firmware that makes wifi works so far?
                I'm having same box here and still couldn't find any IMG that has wifi/BT working.
                Attached Files

Comment

I also have a bricked M8S and haven't been able to find a working solution.

I can only get the blue light on if I short the pins on the NAND, and when it tried to load software on the box I get a path error message "Cannot create dir /cache" or something along those lines.

Some of the software links on this thread are dead.

Does anyone know why I am getting a path error message? And how to solve it?

Comment

Working...
                  X