No announcement yet.

Modded ROM's for Tronsmart R68 "Tronsplant your ROM"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

androidfr33k and lonix : The new 1.0.34 release is a couple of days away...
    lonix - just want to say thank you, I have used your guide to start writing/porting Firmware to the NexBOXZ68.

kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
    kind regards
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Please add multicast UDP in unto firmware 8-3. I really need it. =)

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
        NexBOX Z64:
        I got this going by taking the original Firmware and this (latest) firmware and overwriting this (latest) firmware's kernel.img and resource.img.

So basically what I did:
        1. Download V8 Full Rom (page one)
        2. Opened the NexBOX Z64 Firmare with "RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00" and Extracted it.
        3. Made a copy of kernel.img and resource.img.
        4 Opened the V8 Firmware with "RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00" and Extracted it.
        5. Overwrote the kernel.img and resource.img.
        6. Using "RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00" I did a Build (Using RK330A platform).
        7. Flashed the NexBOX with the new Firmware. (Normally called firmware_new.img)

Works 100%

kind regards
        ps - How do I get a section opened for the NetBOX Z64? I have a very nice minimal ISO (and this one) that reports 200% faster with AnTUTU... And I need to post it?
        Dear Cyber7!

Which OS do you run "RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00" with? I use Win8.1, and this software seems completely unusable. It fails on almost any push of a button.
        How did you get RK330A platform? Just simlply edited the platforms.txt file?

Thank you for your help in advance, with best regards,
        STZO
        Regards, STZO

Comment

Originally posted by androidfr33k View Post
          @ionix,

How are you and thanks again for supporting and sharing your great work. I actually have two devices now. I decided to keep the Tronsmart R68. I also have the Zidoo X6 Pro. I followed you directions and flashed your rom then used the zip file you prepared sever posts back to replace the kernel, boot, and resource images. I from the Zidoo X6 device there is an update 1.0.33. Is this the latest version you have now v8 update series 3? If not I will wait for you to update then see if I can get an updated kernel, boot and resource zip from you again for v1.033.

Thanks
          The kernel in that .zip is from 1.0.33 so it's the latest

If anyone wants to Bump their version to 1.0.33 please download this flashable .zip TronZid-v9-Flashable.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post

Dear Cyber7!

Which OS do you run "RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00" with? I use Win8.1, and this software seems completely unusable. It fails on almost any push of a button.

STZO
            To a RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00 download, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post

Dear Cyber7!

STZO
              To get this to work never have a funny character (Like "!" or space " ") in the path, it will give you failures.

To BUILD you have to choose "RK330A" as the type...

Hope this helps...
              ps - I run Windows 10 64Bit
              kind regards
              http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
                To get this to work never have a funny character (Like "!" or space " ") in the path, it will give you failures.

To BUILD you have to choose "RK330A" as the type...

Hope this helps...
                ps - I run Windows 10 64Bit
                Hi Cyber7,

Thanks for the advise, I had space characters in the path, that made the trouble. Now it work under Win8.1 too!

The RK330A is still a question: in the install package of the Firmware tool no such entry in the platforms.txt. Did you enter it by yourself with editing this file, or how it came to you?

Kind regards,
                STZO
                Regards, STZO

Comment

Hi, guys!
                  Is firmware v9 working nicely for everyone? settings app is FC'ing frequently and SuperSU doesn't start at all. It's all-an-all behaving strange. Even flashing took extra time... I'm not complaining, I'm doing a fresh install now.
                  (dirty-flashed over v8 + registration fix on top of v8)

Comment

For me it's same thing l30ns.

Comment

Same here, Quick Boot, Supersu etc won't respond and TWRP crashes a lot. I have to flash fresh and just flash to V8 series 3 for now. Maybe it would be nice if the versions released also had the version number that Zidoo releases as well. I cannot tell from the settings about what version correlates to the Zidoo release number.

Comment

What box do you have and were can can I download v8 series 3 because I have sound issue with kodi when playing 720 upwards video. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DNIZoid View Post
                          What box do you have and were can can I download v8 series 3 because I have sound issue with kodi when playing 720 upwards video. Thanks

V8 series 3 is in the the Original Post, I think it was modified because it no longer says series 3, maybe the zip filename will have that in it? I am applying lonix updates to my Zidoo X6 Pro since lonix's roms are based off that box but optimized kernel etc for the Tronsmart R68. I have not applied v9 yet to my Tronsmart R68 and since a couple people have reported the same thing I have seen I will wait for a fix.

I also lost sound to upper right Red banner showing Audio off in Kodi. I am just starting over from scratch no big deal takes minutes to get up and running again. I guess a big deal if you have a lot of stuff unsaved.

I am having a hard getting it to boot directly to bootloader. It keeps going to TWRP then from there I have it boot into bootloader but I get no response on PC side to flash a new firmware. I am assuming bootloader mode is Fastboot mode. Using the Zidoo/Tronsmart flasher tool and it won't start?
                          Last edited by androidfr33k; 03-14-2016, 20:39.

Comment

Same here - v9 flashed over v8 causes SuperSU and QuickBoot to hang - restored back to v8.

Comment

I didn't know if there is a modification I can do to make these boot when they get plugged in. I have one of these in my van for the kids and would like it when it sees power from the power supply to auto boot and not have to press the power button kind of like what the hdmi sticks can do? Does anyone know how to accomplish that with the box style? Asking here as it seems like someone might have an answer as they are customizing the rom already. Thanks in advance

Comment

Well AT least I got Factory Tool Working again. I forgot to re-install the driver after updating my PC from windows 8 to Windows 10 Pro. All good now. I bet I could have used the Android tool to flash the image as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X