This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikele View Post

Just to say that with AMLogic S912 Device (Tanix TX8 Box, Android 6.1) the build 29 run as hell with all accelerator selected including AMLogic codecs.
    For me this build is perfect.
    There are certain things that will not play if AMCodec is selected and you will get no video, only audio.

It's an old codec anyway which has no benefits for the latest AML SOC's.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      There are certain things that will not play if AMCodec is selected and you will get no video, only audio.
      Well, this never happen to me and I use it all day long to see many many many movies files, so I'm lucky...

Comment

Thank you Bluesmanuk that seens to have done the trick, cheers mate

Comment

Well, this never happen to me and I use it all day long to see many many many movies files, so I'm lucky...
          But if you ever come across one of these files then you will know of the solution.

Comment

Hi,
            I have recently installed the FTMC Arm General/AML 16.2.29 on my MINIX Neo X8-H plus.
            How do I update FTMC whenever a new build is released? Is there an option of an automatic update or is it a manual process? Will i lose my settings etc when the new build is installed?
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shivanair View Post
              Hi,
              I have recently installed the FTMC Arm General/AML 16.2.29 on my MINIX Neo X8-H plus.
              How do I update FTMC whenever a new build is released? Is there an option of an automatic update or is it a manual process? Will i lose my settings etc when the new build is installed?
              Thanks.
              It's a manual process and you will find the latest versions always posted on page 1 of this thread.

You don't lose anything when upgrading to a new build.

Comment

It's a manual process and you will find the latest versions always posted on page 1 of this thread.

You don't lose anything when upgrading to a new build.
                Excellent. Thanks so much.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. Have reinstalled FTMC 16.2.29 on my MINIX Neo X8-H plus and installed the AEQN MQ7 skin. Everything seems to be in order now. Thanks.
                  Any suggested addon repositories where I can install all popular addons? Please do help me with the links.

Comment

But if you ever come across one of these files then you will know of the solution.
                    What about the quality ? AMLogic codecs are not better than others like mediacodecs for our AMLogic device ?

Comment

What about the quality ? AMLogic codecs are not better than others like mediacodecs for our AMLogic device ?
                      Disable it and see for yourself whether there is any difference in quality.

Comment

Well some strange thing.. even if I disable Amlogic codec when I check with my remote amc codecs are still playing movies... whats wrong ?? (TX8 S912 Box Android 6.1)

Comment

Well some strange thing.. even if I disable Amlogic codec when I check with my remote amc codecs are still playing movies... whats wrong ?? (TX8 S912 Box Android 6.1)
                          "amc-xxx(S)" is mediacodec surface, amcodec is identified as "am-xxx"

Comment

for S912 amlogic these options are the best ?

amlogic codec off
                            mediacodec on
                            mediacodec surface on
                            adjust display refresh rate on

what about Sync Playback to Display option ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                              for S912 amlogic these options are the best ?

amlogic codec off
                              mediacodec on
                              mediacodec surface on
                              adjust display refresh rate on

what about Sync Playback to Display option ?
                              Generally that is what I use.

Where you find something that doesn't seem to work as you would like, turn AmCodec on and see if it is better and vice versa. By all means leave it turned on but when you come to some 4K files, all you will get is audio and not video.

Sync Playback to Display option will depend on certain circumstances (I don't use it)

But there is a good comparison of the two options here.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219796

Comment

Thanks bluesmanuk and superceleron ! I can tweak brighness/contrast with ff encoder, but I can not use this tweak with amc or am acceleration hardware encoder is this normal ?

Comment

Working...
                                X